Like Mail and Messages, Safari is part of the pre-installed application package for iOS and macOS. Safari can also be used as the primary browser for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Therefore, you can't remove or offload Safari compared to other preloaded apps on iOS, including GarageBand, iMovie, Pages, and Keynote. Is Safari disappeared from iPhone home screen of your Apple iPhone or iPad? Here are some suggestions to look into.
Safari Disappeared from iPhone: The Possible Causes
Apple doesn't allow users to uninstall the stock applications with iPhones straight out of the box. So, it would be best not to leave the "my safari app disappeared" issue for a long time. The problem is that you might have hidden it or moved it in, and maybe that's what caused the error.
- Most often, Safari is not available on iPhone because it results from the browser being on a different screen of the device or folder.
- It may also go unnoticed if you forget to disable it by using the controls function within Settings.
5 Ways to Fix Safari Disappeared from iPhone Issue
1. Look for the Safari Icon on Home Screens
The first step to follow is to search for a Safari icon on your home screen that you have on your iPhone. Ensure that your Safari application is not hidden within a folder in one of the screen pages. If it is, grab it and put it somewhere on the home screen that you can see and access.
2. Restart Your iOS Device
A restart of your iPhone or iPad will provide an automatic reset. It has been proven it is possible to restart your gadget and resolve most problems occurring in your phone, including safari missing from iPhone.
- For iPhone 8 or later models: Press the volume up and down buttons while holding the power button until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
- For iPhone 7 and Plus: Hold down the button to turn down the volume and power button until the Apple logo flashes on the screen.
- The iPhone 6s and older versions: Keep holding the power button and the home button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
3. Use the Search Option to Find Safari App
One of the fastest methods to locate the Safari application is to use the search function of the iPhone.
- Scroll downwards in the center of the iPhone's home screen.
- A Search bar is going to be displayed. Tap it, and type "Safari" in the search box. As search results are constantly updated, you'll get suggestions while typing in the search field.
- If you'd like to see more results, click "Show More." If Safari is hidden, it will show the folder name. Safari application is hidden in an unnamed folder, the name of the folder will be shown.
4. Check the Restrictions on Safari
If Safari disappeared from iPhone, you may have restricted it through the Settings. You can easily restore it by following a few simple steps.
- Launch Options for your mobile and select the screen time.
- Tap to open Content and Private Restrictions and enter the passcode if asked for it.
- If this feature is on, click Allow Apps. From the entire list of displayed apps, you will find Safari. Then make sure that it's switched on "ON" to remove all restrictions placed on Safari.
5. Try Resetting Home Screen
If your Safari gone from iPhone, you can choose a different alternative. Reset the home screen. Getting the home screen layout back to the previous layout can help you regain the icon for Safari.
- Open Settings, tap on General and then Reset.
- You will need to select "Reset Home Screen Layout" from the choices in the next step.
- After that, all apps will be restored to their regular places at the top of your home screen. And then you will be able to locate Safari.
Most Effective Solution for Safari Disappeared from iPhone
Most of the time, when users discover that Safari disappeared from their iPhone is the case; they are more anxious in the process of regaining the lost app data on their phones, specifically their history as well as bookmarks. It is a real pain to find all your most-loved links and websites right from the beginning. In cases where Safari disappeared from iPhone, recovering missing app data can be even more hectic. However, here is an excellent tool for using AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery. This reliable tool can securely and effectively help users recover Safari histories and bookmarks.
- AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery provides three modes that allow you to retrieve deleted or lost files from the most popular iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models.
- Allow users to look at their previews before recovering.
- Data security is guaranteed, and there is no risk that data loss is likely to occur.
- Simple operating steps do not require any technical skills.
- Fully compatible with every iOS gadget and iOS version that includes iPhone 12/13 and iOS 14/15.
Try it for Free.
How to recover Safari Bookmarks using AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery?
Step 1 Select the Recovery Mode
Start the program and select "Recover from iOS Device" from the list of the tabs on the left. Click Start. At this moment, your device should be connected to the computer. Start the process after the device has been detected and its name is displayed.
Step 2 Scan the Files
Make sure your phone is connected to your computer, and select "Next." iPhone Data Recovery will begin the process of scanning your device for files that have been deleted.
Step 3 Preview and then Recover
The AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery program will begin the process of scanning. When it is complete, all recovered data will be shown, and you'll be able to see an overview of the data. Once you've selected the information, you want to recover and then tap "Recover."
These methods mentioned above are among the simplest and most effective strategies you can employ to discover your lost safari icon on iPhone that is missing. However, the AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery is the best you can use.