Calendar is a very useful iOS device's built-in software that lets users keep track of all significant events. For most users, calendar events are a lifesaver. You may use the iPhone's Calendar (iCal) software to set reminders for essential meetings and to manage your daily routine. When to have a business meeting, a birthday party for friends or family, an anniversary, and so on. This software is especially useful for people who are easily distracted or overworked. However, there are several instances in which users either erase a few events by accident or lose all of their Calendar data due to iOS updates, system crashes, factory resets, and more. The good news is that recovering deleted events is not impossible, regardless if you a backup or not. In this article, we will look at some of the best ways on how to retrieve deleted calendar events on iPhone.
Why Calendar Events are get Deleted?
Calendar events on your iPhone might be accidentally or purposefully erased. You may have mistakenly removed an event that you believed you were going to postpone or that was no longer going to happen, but it was still scheduled. Or maybe you got your dates mixed up and removed an event that was on a Monday other than the one you were supposed to delete. Besides, if you sync the Calendar app with iCloud or another calendar sharing service, the iPhone deletes previous appointments automatically. A glitch in your iPhone may also cause a calendar event deleted, though this is rare. Whatever happened, there's always the potential that you'll wish to retrieve the deleted event and re-add it to your calendar.
3 Methods on How to Recover Deleted Events on iPhone Calendar
Method 1: Recover Deleted Calendar via AceThinker iOS Data Recovery
If you are afraid of losing your data when recovering your deleted calendar event, AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery has your back. This iOS data recovery lets you recover any of your calendar events with or without backup and in a few clicks. Apart from calendar events you can also recover deleted notes on iPhone, Voicemails, photos, and more. Another good thing about this tool is that it lets you preview the files you want to receive which is a great advantage if you don't want to go all through your files. Follow the steps below to recover deleted events on iPhone calendar.
Try it for Free
- To start you need to download AceThinker iOS Data Recovery then install it on your computer. The tool will automatically launch once the installation process is complete.
- After that, connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once the tool recognizes your device, on the tool's interface click "iPhone Data Recovery" and select "Recover from iOS Device."
- From here, hit the "Start Scan" and wait until the process is done. The result will be listed in categories on the left panel of the tool.
- Click the "Calendar" to view the items within the folder, you can choose the events you want to retrieve and hit "Recover."
Method 2: Recover Deleted Calendar via iCloud
If you enabled iCloud sync earlier you won't need a third-party tool to undelete calendar event iPhone. All you need to do now is restore all the events from the backup file. The only drawback of utilizing a backup file to restore lost events is that you won't be able to pick which events you want to recover. Below is a guide you can follow to retrieve deleted Calendar events on your iPhone.
- First, on your web browser go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Then, click "Account Settings" and on the Advanced Settings hit "Restore Calendars and Reminders."
- From here, the events saved on your Calendar will appear, then you can select the file you want to retrieve by clicking the "Restore" button.
- Once the process is done, you can check your Calendar application and see if your deleted events were restored.
Note: Using iCloud backup will overwrite your existing data on your device with the files you recovered from the backup. This implies there's a good chance you'll lose your most recent Calendar events while trying to restore the prior ones.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Calendar via iTunes
Many iOS users use iTunes to back up important files to the cloud, similar to how they use iCloud. If you're one of them, you'll need a laptop or computer (with the most recent iTunes app) to recover the Calendar events that were accidentally deleted. iTunes works on the old version of macOS, so if you are using a current version of macOS you might not be able to access iTunes. As iTunes and iCloud are fairly similar it's noteworthy that restoring your iPhone using iTunes will erase all of your existing data and replace it with the information from the backup. This may restore your calendar, but it may also delete other critical files and data that were not backed up. Below are the steps you can follow on how to find deleted calendar events iPhone via iTunes.
- Attach your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes application and wait for the app recognizes your device.
- After that, tap the iPhone's icon from the left panel of the menu bar.
- Then, click "Summary"" and choose where to back up your files. Finally hit the "Restore Backup" to finish the process.
- Check your Calendar and see if your Calendar events are restored.
FAQs about Calendar Events
Is it possible to restore a calendar event that has been deleted?
Yes, you are able to recover your lost data. It's important to note that the deleted data isn't truly erased from your device, so there's still a chance it can be recovered. You can choose any of the methods mentioned above to retrieve them.
Is there a limit to how far back you can search Apple Calendar?
Although you may go back farther than a year, the calendar app's search function is restricted to a year. To search for a particular event just head to Settings>Calendar>and look for Sync, then you can choose a time period.
Is it possible to search my calendar on an iPhone?
To bring up Spotlight, make sure you're on the home screen of your iPhone, then swipe right. In the search area at the top of the screen, type the search word. Calendars can be searched with the rest of your iPhone's contents.