Are you one of those iPhone users complaining about their notification sound? Notifications are so important because they help us stay on top of things. Plus, the sound of a notification is a great way to grab our attention and let us know that something needs our immediate attention. There could be several reasons why your notification sound isn't working. One common cause is that your phone is on silent mode, the volume is turned down, or notification settings for the app you're using may not be configured properly. In this article, we explore the issue of the iPhone notification sound not working and provide potential solutions for those experiencing the same problem. Whether you're using an iPhone for work or personal use, it's essential to have a reliable notification system in place. So let's start and figure out how to fix this issue once and for all!
Regular Methods to Fix iPhone Notification Sound Not Working
Are you tired of missing important notifications on your iPhone because the sound isn't working? You're not alone. Some iPhone users have experienced the frustration of missing important notifications due to sound issues. But don't worry; there are several methods you can try to fix the notification sounds not working on iPhone.
Method 1. Check Notification Settings
The first step in troubleshooting the method sound issue on your iPhone is to check your notification settings. Ensure that each application on your device can send notification sounds. Also, please ensure that each app's "Sound" feature is turned on. To check it, follow the guide below.
- Find the pre-application on your iPhone, which is the "Settings," and tap on it. From the Settings menu, click the "Notification" tab. You can see all the installed applications on your iPhone in the Notification tab.
- Visit each application you see on the notification tab and make sure that the "Allow Notification" is toggled on. Also, check if the "Sounds" option is enabled.
- Lastly, try to use a specific app like Messages. Message yourself and see if the sound notification is working.
Method 2. Turn Off Quiet Notifications
Another method to fix the no sound notification on iPhone is by turning off "Quiet Notifications." Some applications offer an option to disable notification sounds altogether, especially if you receive too many notifications from the specific application. It means that you receive a notification but have no sound. However, you can enable it again by following these steps:
- First, on your lock screen or home screen, swipe left on the specific notification and tap the "Manage" option. You can see two options from the Manage screen: Deliver Prominently and the Turn Off Notification.
- Tap on "Deliver Prominently" to disable the quiet notifications for that app. On the other hand, you can go to the "Settings" app and scroll down to find the specific application. Tap on the application and toggle on the "Allow Notifications" option.
- Lastly, test the notification sound by sending yourself a test notification or use that specific app to see if the sound is now working.
Method 3. Check Do Not Disturb Mode
If your iPhone is not producing any notification sounds, it's worth checking if the device is in the Do Not Disturb Mode. This feature silences all incoming calls, notifications, and alerts while the device is locked or being used. Check the following guide below to ensure that this feature is turned off.
- To check if the Do Not Disturb is turned on, swipe up or swipe down on the screen to open the Control Center. You can see if the crescent moon icon is highlighted from the Control Center.
- If it is highlighted, this means that Do Not Disturb is enabled. To turn off this feature, tap the crescent moon icon in the Control Center to toggle it off.
- Otherwise, you can go to the Settings app and click the "Do Not Disturb" option. From there, you can toggle off the "Manual" switch to disable Do Not Disturb mode.
Method 4. Check In-App Notification Settings
Some applications offer the option to customize settings within the app. These settings allow you to control the specific notification preferences for that particular app. If an application is not producing any notification sounds, it's worth checking the in-app notification settings to ensure sound alerts are enabled.
Method 5. Check Alert Tones
Alert Tones are your phone's sounds when you receive a notification. For instance, if your iPhone has no alert tone or is set to "None," you will not hear any sound when the notifications come in. Therefore, checking the Alert Tones settings on your iPhone is important to ensure that a sound is selected for notification and fix the iPhone text message sound not working. See the guide below:
- Go to the "Sound & Haptics" tab on your Settings menu. Here, you can see options about the vibrations and sounds.
- Scroll down until you reach the "Sound and Vibration Patterns" section. From there, you can see the different alert tones for notifications, such as new messages, emails, or incoming calls.
- Visit each notification category and ensure a sound is selected for each one and not set to "None." Lastly, send a message to your iPhone and check if the text tone not working on iPhone issue is solved.
Method 6. Update iOS Version
If you're experiencing issues with your iPhone's notification sound, it's worth checking for any updates for your iOS operating system. Updating your iOS version can often resolve compatibility issues and bugs affecting your iPhone's sound notifications. Here's a step-by-step guide to updating your phone's software:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. Tap on "General" and then "Software Update." If an update is available, you'll see a message that says, "iOS [version number] is available." Click "Download and Install" to begin the update process.
- If you're prompted to enter your passcode, do so. Read and agree to the terms and conditions, and then tap "Agree" to continue. The update will begin downloading, and a progress bar will indicate how much has been downloaded. Once completed, your iPhone will automatically restart to install the update.
- During installation, your iPhone may restart multiple times, which is normal. Once the installation is complete, your iPhone will restart again, and you'll be prompted to enter your passcode. After entering your passcode, your iPhone will finish updating, and you should be all set! Now check your notification to see if it has sound now.
Ultimate Way to Repair iPhone Notification Sound Issues
After trying the basic methods to solve the no notification sound iPhone issue, but it is still there, we recommend you use third-party software to help you because your iPhone may be experiencing a software glitch. One highly recommended software and the most trending in the market is the AceThinker iOS System Recovery. It is a powerful tool that can help fix a number of common or severe iOS issues. One of the most frustrating problems that users may encounter is when their notification sounds stop working. Fortunately, this tool has two repair modes that can help you to fix this issue. The first mode is the Standard Mode, which is recommended for fixing minor software glitches. If the Standard Mode doesn't resolve the issue, you can try using the Advanced Mode, which is designed to fix more complex software problems. However, this mode can vanish all your data on your device. That's why backing up your iPhone is recommended. Fortunately, AceThinker iOS System Recovery provides a step-by-step guide to help resolve this issue.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the Software on Your PCFirst, click any download button above to download the software. Next, install it by passing through all the prompts on your screen. Then, connect your iPhone to your computer and open the software. From there, you must select the "iOS System Recovery" option and click "Start."
Step 2 Download a FirmwareOnce the software has detected your device, click the "Fix" button below, and you will be prompted to choose a repair mode. Next, tap the "Confirm" button; the tool will provide the firmware. Then, download the latest firmware by hitting the download button beside it. This step is essential to ensure that your phone runs on the latest version of iOS and that any potential bugs or issues are resolved.
Step 3 Final ProcessAfter the firmware is downloaded, AceThinker iOS System Recovery will begin repairing your device. This process may take several minutes, and your iPhone may restart several times during the process. Once the repair process is complete, your iPhone should return to normal, and your notification should be working again.
This article has discussed the steps to fix the iPhone notification sound not working. First, we checked the notification settings and ensured the "Allow Notification" was turned on. We also ensured that the Do Not Disturb mode was turned off and checked the Alert Tone was not set to "None." However, if the issue is still there, using AceThinker iOS System Recovery can help you to solve the issue. Remembering the significance of notifications and how they keep us informed and connected to the world around us is important. It is also essential to keep your iPhone updated to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently. Furthermore, if your iPhone is stuck on do not disturb mode and failing you to provide notification for your text messages, you need to fix your device.