Why are humans fond of taking pictures? Photography changed the way we live in the modern era. It gives us the freedom to explore ourselves, to still memories, and to tell stories and creativities. So, it is the main reason many mobile developers enhance and innovate the mobile phone camera to its maximum capability. The iPhone is the most well-known device that provides, if not better, one of the most well-praised mobile cameras. This flagship device can hold your photos and pictures as long as you can store them on its system. However, there are unfortunate scenarios that may occur on your device. These errors can accidentally delete your files as well as your photos. That said, it is necessary to save your device on its cloud-storing platform, iCloud. Yet, do you know how to get old photos back to your device? If not, read the solutions provided below to perform the process correctly.
How to Get Old iCloud Photos from iCloud Website
The iCloud service is a platform that allows iPhone users to store and save files with its service. Most of us are accessing this service via our settings app. However, did you know that you can get old photos from iCloud without reset using its web service? This method is plausible as iCloud allows you to access your files remotely without needing your device. Its web platform can be accessed with different web browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and more. To know the listed steps on how to recover photos from the iCloud, follow the guide below.
- On your computer device, access your web browser and launch it on your computer screen. On its address bar, type iCloud.com and hit the Enter key on your keyboard. This process will launch the iCloud service on your device.
- Then, type your iCloud logins and passwords to open its features. The tool will send a verification code to your device, so make sure your mobile phone is turned on. Once you are signed in, you can access different features and files on your web browser.
- Lastly, go to the Photos app and check the old photos you want to acquire. Please note that the pictures saved on this platform are the ones you have backed up on its system. After that, hit the download icon to save the photos to your computer.
Simple Ways How to Get Photos in iCloud
Distinctive Feature: It is a computer program designed to get the iPhone files back on your device.
What is it best for?: This tool is best for users who want to recover their iPhone files with or without backup.
AceThinker iOS Data Backup & Restore is an optimal tool that allows users to back up and retrieve iPhone files on their computers. It comes with two modes of function. The iOS Data Backup can store your iPhone files on your computer to easily access them when you need the files. This feature is favorable for users who have already exhausted the 5GB of data on their iCloud service. Alternatively, the latter is the iOS Data Restore, which can recover the files you have lost using the backup data stored on your computer. Read the methods below to understand how to recover photos from the iCloud using this computer program.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Get the Recovery Tool
Download the AceThinker iOS Data Backup & Restore on your Mac or Windows computer to instigate the process of getting your old photos for your mobile device. Tap the download icon we established above in this step to acquire its installer easily. Then, go to your output folder and tap on the firmware to set up the wizards and installation prompts of the device. Launch the tool once the installation process is complete and select iOS Data Backup & Restore.
Step 2 Connect Your Smartphone
Next, get your mobile device and connect it to your computer. This process is possible with the guide of your lightning wire. Then, on the tool's interface, select the iOS Data Restore option.
Step 3 Select The Backup Files
Afterward, on the iOS Data Restore, you will see the list of backup files you have added to your computer. If there is none, you can tap the Backup Now button. Nevertheless, if there are files stored on your computer, the details of the backup files can be seen on the tool’s current page.
Step 4 Complete the Process
Lastly, select the backup files where your old photos are stored. Highlight it and tap the View Now option. It will directly save the backup files on your smartphone. This process does not require a factory reset or deletion of your current files.
How to Acquire Photos from iCloud Photos on iPhone
As iPhone users, we know that iCloud service is the primary tool we can store and back up our device’s files. One of the files that iCloud service can store is our device’s photos. It is possible that you can get your pictures stored with this platform by syncing them on your device. Once the syncing procedure is complete, it will automatically back up your mobile device to its service. One iCloud account can store iPhone files up to 5GB of data. You can use this to backup iPhone music, photos, videos, and settings. So, it would be effective if you were tactical on which important you should back up with this service. Nevertheless, follow the guidelines below to get your old photos back on your mobile device.
- Ensure your device is turned on and unlock it by inputting your password. Go to your Settings by tapping its icon from your application list. Then, access the General settings and open its menu.
- Next, scroll down on your mobile screen until you reach the bottom part. You will see the Transfer or Reset option. Tap on it, and access Reset All Settings.
- Lastly, your device will be factory reset. It will wipe out all your data. However, you can retrieve them if you restore your device using the iCloud service. Tap on Restore from iCloud backup to get the settings and files you previously had.
Please Note: This process can remove all your data on your device, and the iCloud backup can only hold at least 5GB of service. When doing the process, your phone must be charged completely to prevent recovering corrupted files.
Can you get old photos from iCloud recovering iCloud photos? This is possible with My Photo Stream. This feature can access recent photos taken from your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. You can enable this function after setting up your iCloud account on your iPhone. It can save recently captured photos except for Live Photos, allowing you to view and import them across your Apple devices. This feature can hold and save pictures for up to 30 days. It supports different picture formats, including PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and most RAW photo containers. With this, you can save and recover 30-day-old photos on your devices without resetting them. Follow the listed guide beneath to enable My Photo Stream on your iPhone.
- The initial guide to enabling the My Photo Stream is to unlock your iPhone device. Access the settings by tapping its icon from the list of your mobile application. Once you are on the settings, access the Photos app.
- Next, you will see the My Photo Stream option once you are on the Photos page. Toggle the button of the function to enable it on your device. Make sure that you will do the same on your other Apple Devices.
- Lastly, go back to your homepage and look for the Photos app. You can check the photos synced with this feature. This function can automatically upload pictures to the iCloud account under My Photo Stream Album.
It is quite easy to recover deleted photos on your device. AceThinker iOS Data Backup & Restore makes it easier to perform the task. Aside from getting your old photos back to your device, the tool can also retrieve documents, contacts, and other files on your device. It also comes with an additional feature where you can back up your smartphone on your computer with a few simple methods. You can check this link to find out more about it.