Most of the videos you watch on websites are in a Flash or FLV format. There are millions of interesting and fascinating Flash streaming videos on the Internet waiting to be enjoyed. Even though you can view these videos over the Internet, there's no way to watch them offline or show your friends without having a connection. Because of this, it's always a good idea to save those videos onto your computer so you can watch it as many times you want without being online. However, some videos cannot be downloaded directly, and that's why many people are looking for ways to record flash videos to their computer. To help you choose the best software to capture Flash stream video, we've analyzed the best methods below.
Record Flash Video on Windows/Mac Easily
Screen Grabber Premium is one of the best pieces of software to capture flash video from a website. With it, you can easily record Flash streams from any website in just a click of a button. It lets you record video and audio simultaneously. Plus, it helps you to record the video being played on your computer screen along with capturing the audio from your system or microphone. Besides recording online Flash streams, you can also record anything happening on your computer screen and you can add annotations while recording a video. You can save the recorded video in many video formats such as MP4, AVI, WMV, etc. Also, the task scheduler enables you to schedule video recording tasks, and the program will record what you need even when you're not in front of the computer. Here are the simple steps on how to use this screen recorder.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Flash Video Recorder
First and foremost, click the "Download" buttons above to install the tool on your computer. Follow the installation provided to save it on your PC. From here, launch the tool to get familiarize on it.
Step 2 Configure the Settings for Flash Video Recording
Next, hit the "Three-lines" at the upper right corner of the tool and choose "preferences". From here, you can see all the major options to record videos displayed on the screen. Before recording videos, make sure that you've configured the settings according to your choice.
Step 3 Start to Record the Flash Video
You can then either record videos in full-screen mode or region mode. Full-screen mode means the whole video from the entire screen will be recorded or with the region mode, the area you've selected will be only recorded. Also, make sure that the "Microphone" and "System Sound" are turned on. After that, click the "Rec" button to start recording.
Step 4 End and Save the Flash Video
When the recording is done, click Stop, and the program will start to finalize the video. After a few seconds, it will be saved to the folder you've set and be displayed in the video list on the main interface.
Rip Flash Video from Website with Camtasia
Camtasia is another great option to record streamed Flash videos from the Internet. It is a multi-purpose piece of software as it acts as a program to record Adobe Flash video as well as an intelligent video creator and editor. It is one of the most popular software to create presentations, how-to videos, product demos, and sales presentations. When it comes to editing or customizing your videos, Camtasia is way ahead of the competition as it offers not only the basic tools but also many advanced tasks like adding special effects, adjusting the audio, inserting annotations and captions and also add transition effects, animations and a lot of other features. It also provides you with a lot of preset options for recording your videos in terms of audio quality, video quality, frame rate, etc. You can either select these preset options or customize them to suit your requirements.
- First, visit the official website of Camtasia to download and install the tool on your PC.
- Once installed, open the tool and click on the “Record” button at the top of the tool panel.
- Choose if you are going to record in full-screen or region mode to begin the recording process.
- When you are done, press the Camtasia recorder icon on the taskbar, and then click the “Stop” button at the rightmost part of its toolbar.
- You can save the recorded video by clicking the “Share” button at the lower rightmost part of the tool. Then, select “Local File...” to save the video on your desired output folder.
- To preview the video, go to its file location on your computer storage, and double-click on it to play the video instantly.
Record Online Flash Videos Using Jing
Jing is another popular free piece of software that helps you to record Flash video Chrome streams from the web easily and quickly. It also records the flash video stream and provides free online storage to store all your recorded videos in Screencast and also equipped with a lot of image and video capture facilities. The user interface is pretty simple with three main options where one option lets you record videos, another option allows you to see all the recorded videos so far, and the next option is to configure your settings like choosing your frame rate, video resolution, etc. Jing is also a flash stream ripper different from other video capture software as you can share the recorded videos easily with your friends and family. You can also add text, highlight certain sections, and also add arrows to your screen capture. You can also capture a specific region on your computer screen using this program.
- Go to the official website of Jing to download its installer.
- Next, run the installer, and follow the steps on installing the tool on your PC.
- After that, launch the tool, and you will find a “Sun” icon at the side of your screen. It serves as your toolbar for screen recording.
- Click the “Sun” icon, and press the left part of the tool, which is the “Capture,” and press “Capture Video” under the area part of the record.
- Once done, click the “Stop” button at the left side of the floating toolbar.
Eye-catching and fascinating Flash videos now are anywhere on the web. If you encounter a video that you want to save for offline viewing or just for future reference, but the video is not supported for downloading, then these ways to record online Flash videos will be useful for you. Each Flash video recorder recommended here allows you to capture streaming Flash video with optimal quality. You can choose one and start to play the Flash video and grab it! If you happen to know any other good Flash video recording programs or have any questions about this article, please leave a comment below to tell us. Thank you!
FAQs about Recording Flash Videos
- How do I capture a Flash video from a website?
- You can install a screen recorder or an online tool that must let you record your screen in full. It is a plus if it lets you record without any limit
- What is the best streaming video recorder?
- This would be Screen Grabber Premium. Aside from recording the screen, it can also capture the audio playing on the flash video. Also, it ensures you record it in the highest quality available.