If you like to chat with random people online, then you must be very familiar with Omegle, one of the best free random chatting websites that allows you to communicate with strangers while being anonymous at the same time via text message or video calling. You don't need to worry about your identity. It will not disclose any of your personal information unless you're the one to reveal yourself. We can't deny that this site is useful for making friends with different people across the globe. Looking for Omegle alternatives that offer similar features like Omegle to chat online? Now check this list of the best sites like Omegle you can use to start socializing with strangers.
Top 10 Random Video Chat Sites Like Omegle
Here are 10 of the best Omegle similar websites not to be missed. We have sorted the sites by estimated traffic popularity. You can click the name of each site to know more details.
|Site||Founded Year||Monthly Traffic||Top Countries|
|OmeTV||2015||3,000,000||US, TR, UK, ES, DE|
|Chatroulette||2009||2,100,000||US, ES, FR, DE, IT|
|ChatRandom||2010||1,600,000||US, FR, ES, BR, IT|
|ChatHub||2019||865,800||US, UK, IN, TR, ES|
|CamSurf||2016||241,754||US, ES, FR, TR, IT|
|Shagle||2015||379,900||US, IN, ES, UK, CA|
|Emerald||2015||378,500||US, IN, UK, CA, PH|
|Chatki||2014||181,200||US, IN, TR, UK, IT|
|TinyChat||2000||172,000||US, CA, UK, DE, NL|
|iMeetzu||2011||25,100||US, IN, UK, TR, CA|
- You can select the video output format for the recording, like MP4, WAV, FLV, and others.
- The tool allows you to add annotations, like shapes and arrows to highlight essential parts.
- It can record the computer screen, webcam, microphone, and system sound at the same time.
One of the best websites like Omegle is OmeTV. Why? You can quickly find a random chatmate using a single click literally. Aside from the computer, OmeTV is also available for Android and iOS mobile phones. With this, you can chat with your match anytime and anywhere you want. A good thing about Ome TV is you can monitor the number of active users. In fact, you can filter the users according to country, gender, and others.
- You can use the website for free and without any ads.
- Harassing comments or chats are automatically blocked.
- You cannot hide your face on the camera in case you want to protect your privacy.
Chatroulette is considered as one of the best sites similar to Omegle. This chat website has been running for ten years and was founder by a 17-year old boy named Andrey Ternovskiy. The concept of this site started on the communication tool he used, called Skype, and from the movie, "The Deer Hunter." With the help of Chatroulette, you will be able to communicate with random people online. This is best for users who prefer video chatting and see the other party's face in real-time. Moreover, Chatroulette also developed the "Filtered Chat" for users who are not interested in explicit topics. Further, to start pairing you to another user, make sure you have a webcam and a microphone plugged into your computer to start a video chat. You can also explore how to record Chatroulette video.
- Chatroulette is available around the world.
- You can access the site for free without signing up.
- It doesn't have enough category options, like age, location and so on.
- The homepage is too plain and not appealing.
If you prefer video chatting, this random chat like Omegle is the one for you. Chatrandom provides one of the easiest ways to engage in a video chat with strangers. Here, you only need to select your gender and verify you're 18+ years old and above. The Chatrandom will do the rest of the job and pair you to one of its thousands of active users online. The site also lets you filter the country if you only want to chat with people from a certain place.
- It is also available on Android and iOS smartphones.
- Chatrandom lets you filter or choose the preferred gender you want to chat with.
- Limited reporting options for abusive users.
There are times that you need to record video call as if you want to save an important conversation with your partner. In that case, you can rely on Aqua Demo to do this task. It is a powerful screen recorder that can record live video chats in HD quality for up to 60 fps. It also allows you to record in full-screen mode or choose any part of the video chat as you want. It can also capture the system sound and microphone audio necessary so you can record the whole conversation.
If you want to experience how to chat online for free, you can check ChatHub.cam. It is an online platform designed to give you opportunities to meet lots of people around the world. This solution is an Omegle random chat alternative. You can talk with random strangers by video calling and text exchanging. One of the best things about this chatting website is its function, where you can view four people at one time and select the one you liked. On the other hand, males can't use this feature because it is only intended for female users. Another good thing about ChatHub.cam is you can block people who break the rules and show inappropriate behavior.
- Users can access ChatHub.cam on their mobile phones.
- It has the “No Multiple Match” filter, where it avoids you to match to the same person all over again.
- To enable the "Gender Filter" you need to have a subscription.
It's a random video chat platform that allows you to meet new people from all over the world. Like Omegle, CamSurf lets you connect with strangers and have one-on-one conversations. However, CamSurf has some features that set it apart from other similar platforms. For instance, it has a strict policy against nudity and uses AI-powered moderation to ensure that users follow the rules. Additionally, CamSurf has a free mobile app that you can download, making it easy to chat on the go. Overall, if you're looking for a safe and fun way to meet new people online, CamSurf could be a great choice.
- It has access to over 200 countries where users can connect.
- Users can set a specific location to filter who they want to chat with.
- Users need to pay to find someone decent to chat with.
Currently, at almost 3 million active members, Shagle is considered as one of the best chat rooms like Omegle. Another good thing about it is you can chat with strangers within a few clicks. You can also filter the users according to your interest, ensuring you'll meet real people, not just bots. Moreover, it has chat templates, so you can easily start a topic with the other user. Lastly, you can filter the gender if you're interested in chatting with a certain class.
- Shagle lets you filter the country wherein you want to chat.
- It will not ask for any personal information before you use it.
- It has limited block function for abusive languages and users.
Another Omegle chat alternative is Emerald. This website will require you to register an account so you can access all of its features. Emerald provides lots of options for chatting. First, you can engage with a 1-on-1 text chat and add "Interest Tags" so you can find a partner with the same group. Second, you can join a group chat room with more than 20+ persons inside. Aside from that, you can join a video chatroom, which requires a webcam before you can enter.
- Emerald automatically gives you an anonymous username to protect your privacy.
- Emerald can prioritize your profile so you appears at the top of the matches page.
- You cannot filter the gender unless you avail a VIP account.
Chatki is an Omegle alternative that lets you engaged in a video chat with multiple users worldwide. The chat site is only available for users aged 18 years old and above. Which, of course, anyone can bypass. Chatki promises that more than a thousand users are online at any time of the day. Additionally, the site is available to access on both computers and mobile phones. This website is good for finding a relationship online since you can converse with other users using a webcam.
- All services of Chatki are available for free.
- The website is gender-friendly as you can chat or talk with anyone regardless of their gender.
- It is taking a little time before you can find a match using its random group chat.
Next on the list of the best Omegle like sites is TinyChat. TinyChat started in 2000 and is becoming more and more popular today. This is an online chat community where people can start communicating via chat, video call, or voice call. The most excellent feature of this chatting website is that it allows you to talk with people who share the same interests. Apart from this, you can also make your virtual chat room where you can add or kick out your followers as an admin. Moreover, TinyChat has a feature where you can watch live streams or any videos provided by the different rooms you want to join in.
- TinyChat has Android and iOS mobile apps.
- It has a friendly user interface where people can easily access its features, such as making chat rooms.
- Signing up is needed first before exploring the chatting platform.
- You should be a premium user to access its full features, like viewing video chats up to HD quality and in full screen.
Some of the Omegle like website that also lets you send documents or images is iMeetzu. Like other websites mentioned here, it instantly pairs you with a random stranger. The good thing about the site is it protects your privacy completely. You can chat with anybody without revealing your personal information as you'll be 100% anonymous. Aside from that, it also has group rooms to send messages to multiple people at once.
- The services of the site are all free.
- You can access iMeetzu in any web browsers.
- Since the site is open or free for all, expect that there are abusive users.
How to Identify a Good Chatter Site?
We can't deny that online video chatting sites play an exciting role to many people, searching for a soulmate, friend, or lover online. With that being said, people should look for perfect online sites for the best experiences. So, here are some considered standards to say that a chatting site is good or not.
- The best chatter site should allow users to meet a lot of people across the globe.
- It should allow people to communicate via text, video call, and audio chat.
- It must have enough filters to quickly find a person you prefer to talk with, for example, by age, nationality or location, gender, and so on.
- Users must access the site's full features for free.
- A great online chatting site should be safe and must protect your privacy as much as possible.
FAQs About Random Chats
1. Why do people talk to strangers online?
We can all talk to strangers online but it is still our choice to talk to them. But here are some of the common reasons why people choose to talk to strangers online and use video chat like Omegle.
- They might have a hard time reaching their community because of their differences, for instance, their beliefs or interest.
- Time transition is also a possible reason, they might want to surround their selves with new people.
2. Is talking to strangers online safe?
Talking to strangers online is fine as long as you follow common-sense safety rules. This may lead to a new group of friends online who shares your common likes and etc.