Crunchyroll has earned its reputation as a premier Anime streaming platform, beloved by Anime enthusiasts around the world. What sets Crunchyroll apart is its vast and diverse Anime content library, which spans a multitude of genres, from action and adventure to romance and fantasy. This platform allows you to watch Anime in the original Japanese audio with the language subtitles of your choice. That said, subtitles are invaluable for Anime viewers who wish to enjoy their favorite shows in languages other than the original Japanese audio. They bridge the language gap, enabling a global audience to understand Anime's intricate plotlines, character dialogues, and emotional nuances. Unfortunately, even on a platform as reputable as Crunchyroll, subtitle problems can occasionally disrupt the viewing experience. This guide will explore the common reasons for the issue of Crunchyroll captions not working and provide step-by-step solutions to address them.
Potential Causes of Subtitle Problems on Crunchyroll
- Technical Issues with the App or Website: Crunchyroll subs not working issues might be caused by technical issues with the Crunchyroll app or website. These bugs could be server problems, coding flaws, or poorly implemented updates. Such technical hitches can prevent subtitles from being delivered, resulting in synchronization issues or their complete disappearance.
- Browser-Related Problems: The functionality of subtitles may be affected by web browser compatibility concerns. For Crunchyroll to display subtitles on your screen, online technologies are used. Subtitles may not display properly if your browser is outdated or has streaming service issues. This may show up as subtitles garbled, misplaced, or out of rhythm with the video.
- Device Compatibility Issues: Some devices may not fully support Crunchyroll's subtitle features. Crunchyroll strives to be compatible with a wide range of devices, but certain older or less common devices may not fully support the intricacies of subtitle rendering. This can result in subtitle issues, such as poor rendering quality or a lack of subtitles altogether.
- Account Settings or Preferences: Incorrect subtitle settings or preferences within your Crunchyroll account can lead to issues. Subtitle preferences, such as language, size, or style, can be customized in your account settings. If these preferences are not properly configured or if you have accidentally chosen settings that are incompatible with your device or content, it can lead to subtitle problems.
Note: It's essential to recognize that the troubleshooting process may differ depending on the root cause of the subtitle problem. Addressing these issues lets you enjoy your favorite Anime and other content with accurate and well-synced subtitles.
Troubleshooting Solutions on Crunchyroll Subtitle Issue
1. Sign out and Sign in Again
Signing out of Crunchyroll and signing back in again might seem like a simple solution. Still, it has effectively solved various technical issues with the app or website, including Crunchyroll subtitles not working. Often, these problems can be caused by caching issues or minor bugs associated with the app. By signing out and signing in again, the app or website clears the cache and refreshes the login session, resolving any minor issues that may have been causing subtitles not to work. This solution is recommended as a first step in troubleshooting because it's quick and straightforward and doesn't involve technical knowledge or skills. However, it's essential to recognize that this solution can not work for all users, especially those experiencing more complex technical issues.
Step 1 Sign Out on Your Crunchyroll AccountThe first thing you have to do is to access your Crunchyroll account. On the upper part of the interface of the platform, locate the Account Menu or your avatar. Then, you can see the "Logout" button and click it to sign out to your account.
Step 2 Sign in Back to Your AccountOnce you log out on your account you will be redirected to the login page of the platform. Before you log in again, refresh your browser first and you have to enter your login information. Finally click the login button and check the Anime you need if the subtitles on Crunchyroll not working are resolved.
2. Toggling the Subtitle Button (CC)
If you find that subtitles not working on Crunchyroll, it can be frustrating and impact your viewing experience. There are a few reasons why this can happen, including technological issues with the platform or problems with your internet connection. Sometimes, even when you have turned on the subtitles, it can be turned off, especially when watching other Anime series. Also, it can be caused by some of the site's glitches; toggling it on and off can help to access the subtitle again. Here are the steps to turn on the subtitle on Crunchyroll.
Step 1 Access the Subtitle MenuFind the Anime series you want to watch on Crunchyroll and access it. Hit the "Settings" or the "Gear" icon at the bottom right panel of the Anime you are watching. After that, hit the "Subtitles/CC" to see its available options.
Step 2 Turn Off and On the SubtitleAs you click the "Subtitles/CC" button, you can access the different subtitle languages available for the Anime you are watching. Choose "None" to turn off the subtitles, or you can change it to any other language. Wait a few seconds before you alter it again in the language of your choice. Then, play the Anime you are watching and see if the subtitle works.
3. Clear Browser Cache
When you visit websites, your browser stores some data, such as images, scripts, and other files, in its cache. Cookies are small text files that platforms or websites store on your device. These files contain information about your browsing activities on the site, and they help the site remember your preferences and login details. However, if these stored data become corrupted or outdated, they can cause issues with the site's performance, including subtitles not working Crunchyroll problems. To fix this, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This process will remove the stored data and force the browser to fetch fresh content from the site.
Step 1 Access your Browser SettingsOn your computer, open the browser you are using. For instance, if you are utilizing the Chrome browser, at the upper right corner, click "More" or the three dots. Then, a small window option will emerge; click the "Clear browsing data" option.
Step 2 Clear your Browsing DataYou will be moved to a window containing the option to clear your browsing data. After that, select "All time" on the time range option. Then, tick the boxes of "Cookies and other site data" & "Cached images and files." Subsequently, hit the "Clear Data" button. Once you select the option to clear cache and cookies, the browser will delete the stored data, and you will need to log in again to the site.
4. Update Crunchyroll Application (Mobile)
If you are experiencing subtitle problems while streaming Anime on the Crunchyroll application on your mobile device, then an outdated version of the application might cause the issue. In that case, you can try updating the application to the latest version. Developers often release updates to fix bugs and improve the application's performance. Therefore, it is always recommended to keep your applications up-to-date. To check if an update is available for the Crunchyroll application on your Android or iOS device, you can visit the respective app stores and search for the application.
Step 1 Search for Crunchyroll on your Mobile StoreOn your mobile device, open your application store. If you use an Android phone, access the "Play Store," and if you use an iOS device, you can access the "App Store." Then, search for the Crunchyroll application.
Step 2 Update your Crunchyroll ApplicationIf an update is available, click the "Update" button to acquire and install the latest version of the application. Once the update is installed, try streaming anime on the application again to see if the Crunchyroll subs not working issue has been resolved.
5. Update your Browser
If you are experiencing issues while streaming content on Crunchyroll, such as subtitles not working, it could be because of an outdated browser version. In such cases, it is recommended that you inspect if your browser is running on the latest version. Outdated browsers can have vulnerabilities that hackers can manipulate to gain unauthorized access to your system or steal your personal information. In addition to security, updated browsers offer better performance, faster load times, and improved compatibility with the latest web technologies, including the video player used by Crunchyroll. To resolve the problem of Crunchyroll subtitles not working, ensure your browser is updated to the newest version. If you are utilizing the Google Chrome browser, you can heed the instructions below to check whether your browser is running an updated version.
Step 1 Access your Web Browser SettingsFirst, open your Google Chrome browser, then click the "three vertical dots" on the top right part of your screen. Then, navigate to the "Settings" options and click the "About Chrome" option.
Step 2 Update BrowserOnce you have clicked "About Chrome," your browser will check for the updates available. After that, it will automatically update to the recent patch available for your browser. Wait until the update is done and relaunch your browser. Afterward, access your Crunchyroll and see if the subtitles are working properly.
6. Contact Crunchyroll Support
If you've followed the steps mentioned above and still have issues with subtitles on Crunchyroll, there can be a more complex problem that requires the assistance of their customer support team. Crunchyroll's customer support can provide tailored guidance for your issue and device. They have the expertise to address more complex problems and offer customized solutions to your situation, ensuring a smoother experience when using Crunchyroll. By reaching out to their customer support, you can get the technical assistance you need to resolve any ongoing issues with subtitles or other problems you may be experiencing. They are always ready to help you and make sure that you have the best possible streaming experience on their platform.
Bonus Tip: Download Crunchyroll Anime Video
AceThinker CleverGet is an excellent video downloader that lets you download Crunchyroll videos. It can automatically detect videos with subtitles and download them for offline viewing. This feature is especially useful when you want to watch your favorite anime without interruptions. Besides, it lets you download an entire series of your favorite anime series or TV shows in a few clicks. It also offers multiple options for video resolutions, ranging from SD (compatible with mobile devices) to UHD (compatible with wide-screen viewing). Another great feature of this Crunchyroll downloader is it is equipped with a built-in browser, enabling you to seek out or search your preferred videos and download them without leaving the tool. Aside from Crunchyroll, you can also download Netflix movies and other popular websites, including YouTube, Amazon Prime, and more.
- Acquire the file installer of the Crunchyroll downloader by hitting any of the download buttons available below. After that, run the setup wizard and follow its installation procedures. Then, launch the tool and familiarize yourself with the different functions it offers.
- Go to Crunchyroll and search for the anime you want to download. Once you have located or accessed the anime, you want to obtain a copy of the link on the address bar. Then, go back to the CleverGet and paste the anime video link you have copied.
- The tool will show the exact anime episode you have pasted. To proceed to the next step, click the blue "Download" button and wait until the tool fully analyzes the downloadable videos within the page. Select the episode you need and make sure that it includes the subtitle you need for the video. Lastly, hit the "Download" button to save/keep the Crunchyroll anime with subtitles on your computer.
Try it for Free
In conclusion, if you encounter issues with Crunchyroll subtitles, it is important to follow the troubleshooting steps carefully. Seek assistance from the platform's support team or technical personnel if necessary since addressing subtitle issues may require some technical knowledge. You can also download Crunchyroll videos online with its subtitles using AceThinker CleverGet to enjoy offline viewing. We hope the outlined steps will help you resolve any problems and improve your Crunchyroll experience.