Have you ever experienced downloading a video but never happy with the result? Nowadays, many tools are out of the market to help you download a video; one of those is what we call the Video DownloadHelper. This tool is a Firefox Web browser extension for downloading online videos. Its ability to detect, rip, and download online videos and audios are just some of its main features. This tool works well with Windows. But, what if Video Downloadhelper is not working? Are there any ways to solve such a problem? Reading below are guidelines to fix Video DownloadHelper not working issue.
How to Fix Video DownloadHelper Not Working in Firefox
This problem is by far the most common issue that you may encounter along the way. When Video DownloadHelper cannot detect the video source that you are trying to download, there are few things you can do. You can also experience this problem if your Firefox browser is outdated or have a lot of cookies, cache, and search history. Since Video DownloadHelper is a web-based video download, you will need to clean your browser for you to download videos smoothly. On the other hand, we have searched and listed the steps the best troubleshooting solution if you encounter Video DownloadHelper on your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- First, make sure that your Firefox browser is up to date. Though there are times that the older version of Video DownloadHelper works perfectly on Firefox. Sometimes, it's the new version download that causes this trouble.
- You can try to disable the automatic on your Firefox browser. Go to settings by clicking the "Menu" button beside the URL bar. Then, select "Add-ons" and go to "Extension." From there, click the "Gear" icon at the upper right part of the extension page, and uncheck the "Update add-ons automatically."
- If the solution above doesn't help you, you can try to clear your browser's cache, cookies, and search history. To do that, go to Firefox, click on the "Menu" button, and select "Options." Then, go to "Privacy & Security."
- Then, scroll down on the Options page, click the "Clear Data" button under "Cookies and Site Data," and press the "Clear History" under "History." It will clean your Firefox browser.
- Once done, try to restart your PC, this can also help you fix the Video DownloadHelper problem.
- If nothing of these steps fixed the problem of Video DownloadHelper on Firefox, you must find a good alternative for Video DownloadHelper.
How to Fix Video DownloadHelper Not Working in Chrome
Since Video DownloadHelper is initially made for the Firefox browser, you can now use the tool on your Chrome browser. The developer of Video DownloadHelper has released a Chrome version for this tool in 2015. However, it took a year to update the tool. That is why there are so many limits on downloading videos on Chrome. One of the problems is you cannot save YouTube videos on Google Chrome using Video DownloadHelper. If you still want to use Video DownloadHelper on your Chrome, find another video sharing site that allows you to save videos using a Chrome browser. Also, you can use other software to download videos without any limits. That being said, we recommend using the AceThinker Video Keeper, which has been reviewed below.
Video DownloadHelper Alternative to Download Online Videos
AceThinker Video Keeper is a great video downloader that can get online videos quickly. It can download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, TikTok, Dailymotion, and more. This tool can also download video quality ranging from 720p, 1080p, 4K, and 8K. Another good thing about this tool is you can save online videos to audio format by changing it to MP3. Besides, you can download a subtitle if you downloaded a movie that has no subtitles in it. With this tool on your Windows or Mac computer, downloading videos will be much easier. If you want to know how to use this tool, you can check the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Video Keeper
First, click one of the "Download" buttons above. Then, launch its installer and follow the setup wizard to finish installing the tool to your computer. After that, open the app to see its main interface.
Step 2 Copy and paste the video URL
Next, go to a video sharing site, and copy the video link that you want to download. Then, go to Video Keeper, paste the video on the URL bar, and press “Enter.” You may also click the “Plus” icon once you copied the video link.
Step 3 Download the Video
Once analyzed, go to the “Search” section, and click the “More” drop-down button to see its available video and audio format and quality. Then, click the “Download” button to start downloading the video.
Step 4 Check the Video
When done, go to the “Downloaded” section and select the video that you have downloaded. You may right-click on the video and choose “Play Video” to preview. You can also double-click on the video to play it instantly.
In conclusion, although many problems may occur in downloading videos, there are also ways to fix them. You might be encountering some issues along the way. Still, you will get help from some useful tools mentioned above. In general, this article gives you optional ideas on how to solve Video Downloadhelper stopped working problem.