Firefox is one of the finest web browsers that is widely used worldwide. It is a sleek browser that you can easily navigate through. Many people love using it as it is compatible with operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. Despite not being the most popular web browser, it has more than 15 million users globally. One of Firefox's great features is its vast number of add-ons and extensions. So, Firefox can be your best friend if you want to look for many music and video download tools. Furthermore, there are many downloading tools on Firefox that works online. In addition, many alternatives like directly downloading from media streaming sites are available. If you are a recent Firefox user and like downloading videos, this is the right place for you! Here, we will introduce the best video downloader for Firefox. Check them out now!
The Best Video Add-ons Downloaders for Firefox
Video DownloadHelper is a Firefox browser extension that allows you to download videos on different streaming sites, like DailyMotion, Vimeo, and more. It can detect videos on a website to make them downloadable for you. It is considered the best Firefox video downloader since it supports one of the oldest streaming video formats, which is the HLS up to the newer DASH format. Aside from its downloading function, it can also extract all the embedded audios, images on a particular website. Looking for more DownloadHelper similar tools? Check Video DownloadHelper alternative now!
- Video DownloadHelper can convert videos into audio, which is useful when you want to save it as a music file.
- It can merge separate audio and video into one file.
- Video DownloadHelper makes Firefox freeze if you download multiple videos at once.
Video Downloader Professional is also the video downloader Firefox. It claims that it can grab videos in the fastest way within a few clicks. It has intuitive buttons that users can understand easily. With this plugin, you can make a personal video list for later playback or download. Through this, you can quickly access and view the videos without returning to their websites. Then, you can immediately save them on your hard drive by just hitting the download buttons.
- It lists all available videos to download concurrently.
- The playback videos can be in any window size.
- It restricts you to download protected videos that are under RTMP protocol.
Ant Video Downloader is an add-on that allows you to store videos on different streaming sites on your hard disk. This YouTube downloader Firefox supports various video-sharing websites, such as YouTube, Dailymotion, and more. Once you install this extension on your Firefox, a "Download" button appears in the menu bar of the browser. Then if you click this button, a sub-menu opens to show the downloadable videos for you. Meanwhile, you can also adjust the video and audio quality by hitting the "Gear" icon. Hence, it is considered a Firefox essential video downloader.
- It supports HTTP, FTP, and RTMP protocols.
- It has a download list and sorting options.
- The playback size is too small.
Easy YouTube Video Downloader Express is regarded as an option for FireFox YouTube downloader. This best video downloader Firefox has a straightforward UI control that you can find embedded at the lower part of a YouTube video player. Once you hit its "Download" button, you can quickly grab Youtube videos without installing a new downloader software. Plus, it is capable of downloading multiple YouTube videos without any limit. Aside from its downloading feature, it can also extract the audio of the YouTube videos directly by selecting the MP3 formats provided.
- Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express has a minimalistic and simple button for downloading YouTube videos.
- With a single click you can grab 256kbps HQ MP3 files from YouTube.
- You need to pay for the upgrade account to enjoy downloading videos for up to 1080p resolution.
YouTube Download Plus is also among the YouTube video downloader for Firefox. Once you activate this extension on your Mozilla browser, you can immediately save YouTube videos on your device. This best Firefox YouTube downloader adds an icon to the Firefox toolbar that reminds you of what the available videos that you can download are. Also, it allows you to save the YouTube file in audio format. It is helpful if you want to extract the sound from the YouTube video and put it on the clip that you are editing or want it as a music file.
- It's easy to use and doesn't take up much space on your drive.
- It can download YouTube videos at a fast speed.
- You can only download limited YouTube videos that have a Creative Commons license or are in the public domain.
Free Download Manager is the last on the list of video downloader extensions for Firefox. It supports videos that are under the communication protocol of HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and BitTorrent. Also, this best YouTube downloader for Firefox claims that it can boost all your downloads up to 10 times faster than usual. It means that it can download several videos at high speed. Additionally, it can process large files and download multiple files simultaneously. Meanwhile, it can restore and resume broken downloads without corrupting some parts of the videos.
- Free Download Manager is free and open-source that is safe to use with its GPL license.
- It supports various types of Proxy servers.
- It has a modern design interface that non-techy users find it difficult to navigate.
Download Firefox Videos on Win/Mac
AceThinker Video Keeper is the perfect software that you can use to grab online videos on your Firefox browser. You can use it to download multiple videos without affecting its original quality. Also, it supports many popular video sharing sites such as Dailymotion, Facebook, YouTube, Vevo, Metacafe, and a lot more. These websites are all available to visit using your Firefox browser. Plus, it has a multi-thread function wherein you can download videos as fast as it can. With that, we provided below simple steps on how to use this excellent solution.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Firefox Video Downloader
First, hit one of the "Download" buttons above to get the installer of the tool. Launch the installation wizard and follow the guides to install on your PC completely. Once installed, open it to get familiarized with the program.
Step 2 Download Video from Firefox
Open Firefox, then go to any website you wish to grab a video from. Find the video you want and play it. Copy the URL from the address bar of your Firefox browser. Switch back to Video Keeper and paste the link into the search bar. Press "Enter" from your keyboard to analyze and the link. After that, click "MP4" to download it instantly. If you want to pick the video quality, hit the "Dropdown" menu next to "More," then click the "Download" button afterward.
Step 3 Play the Firefox Video
Once downloading finished, go to the "Downloaded" option of the tool to see the video. Then, right-click on the filename and hit "Play" to preview the downloaded video or hit "Open File Location" to launch its output folder where it is saved.
- Support downloading HD720P, 1080P and even 4K video cips
- Grab videos using different browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari and more.
- It supports both Windows and macOS
What is a Good Video Downloader?
There are plenty of video extension downloaders available online. However, how can we say that a specific add-on downloader is good or not? Here, I list down standards for a downloader to be considered an excellent and efficient video downloader.
Things to Know:
- Accessibility: A video downloader must have a user-friendly interface, and intuitive IU controls to be not difficult to learn or understand for beginners, who want to grab videos from streaming sites.
- Video Quality: It should support videos from 1080p and 4k resolution that allows you to experience cinematic viewing experience for a downloaded video.
- Video Formats: A video downloader must provide plenty of popular video formats like MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, FLV, and more to choose what video format is compatible with your media player.
- Fast and reliable: It should work very well to download videos relatively fast without any buffering experience.
- Conversion Feature: A video downloader should also be capable of extracting or converting videos into audio files.
- Reliability: It must let you continue downloading videos that are interrupted due to some issues.
- Multiple Downloading: There are a lot of videos available online that we want to grab in a single click. So, a video downloader must be capable of downloading several videos simultaneously.
- Free: It must provide excellent features, like downloading without any limitations with no registration or payment needed.
|Function||Video DownloadHelper||Video Downloader professional||Ant Video Downloader|
|Supported Formats||MP4, WEBM and AVI||MP4, FLV and 3GP||MP4, WEBM, 3GP and more MP3, AAC and WEBM|
|Supported Sites||100+ UStream, Fox, Bloomberg, RAI and more||20+ YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc.||YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion|
|Compatibility||Mozilla and Chrome||Mozilla and Chrome||Mozilla and Chrome|
|Supported Quality||480p to 1080p||540p to 1440p||720p|
|Function||Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express||YouTube Download Plus||Free Download Manager|
|Supported Formats||FLV, 3GP, MP4 and MP3||MP4 and MP3||MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI and more|
|Supported Sites||YouTube||YouTube||50+ YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.|
|Compatibility||Mozilla||Mozilla||Mozilla and Chrome|
|Supported Quality||720 to 1080p||720||720 to 1080p|