We're all aware that Facebook is a popular social media platform for sharing life events. Depending on what you're posting, you can use this app to post a photo or video, stories, or status with a caption. However, it can be pretty annoying when we cannot view the comments because the application has crashed. Many users have reported issues such as "Facebook comments won't load." Assume you don't know how to resolve it. In that case, you can follow the step-by-step guide in this article to learn the five potential solutions most simply and efficiently possible.
Why is Facebook not Showing Comments?
It is possible that Facebook pages will not display any comments at all. An easy update to the Facebook app can help, but if the update fails or stuck on update requested, the problem persists. Furthermore, many factors can interfere with the operation of the Facebook page. If you're on a mobile device and using the Facebook app, close it and reopen it. Try refreshing the page and reloading it if you're using a computer. Alternatively, you could try closing and reopening your browser. In addition, you can try updating Facebook to resolve the page loading issue. If your page contains restrictions based on country or age, a problem may arise. You can remove all restrictions by country and age by logging into your account and viewing a page.
5 Methods to Fix Facebook Won’t Load Comments
1. Restart Facebook App
The first option is to restart the Facebook application. In some issues, restoring the Facebook app resolves the issue because the native app can become stuck. Swiping down on your smartphone will let you refresh the app. Furthermore, this will restore your Facebook comments, after which you will be able to access the comments. However, if you can still not solve the problem, move to the following solution.
- First, go to “Settings,” then click the “Application” and select Manage Application, then hit the Downloaded in this section.
- Next, scroll down to the page, click the Facebook app, and enter the info page. Then, you can now tap on the “Force Stop” button to turn off the application.
2. Reboot Your Phone
If the issue continues even after using the first method, you can be shutting down your phone and restart it. The app crashes when the phone is heated with many apps working, so you need to restart it to make your phone reboot and function as well. There may be some minor glitches on your phone, which would lead to the Facebook not loading comments problem. That’s why you are suggested to reboot your phone.
- You can press the power button until you see the options menu, then select the “Power off” or “Restart.”
- If your phone is unresponsive, you can achieve a “soft reset” by pressing the volume up key and the power button for about 20 seconds or until the phone vibrates.
3. Clear Browsing Data
One of the more valuable solutions is to clear your Facebook cache or browsing data. As you may be aware, your Facebook cache is a record of the links you’ve clicked and pages you’ve visited. However, clearing the browser cache may help, as this is occasionally the source of the problem. Also, emptying your cache and then reloading the website will let you resolve the Facebook comments not loading.
- Proceed to the Facebook app and tap the three stacked lines in the bottom-right corner.
- After that, click the “Settings & Privacy,” and a drop-down menu will appear with new options. Tap the word “Settings.”
- Next, scroll down and find the word “Browser,” and tap the “Clear Browsing Data.”
4. Check for Network Connection
If the methods above are not practical, you need to check your internet connection. Though it is uncommon, if you are experiencing problems with Facebook replies not loading as they should, check your internet connectivity and see if you are using sufficient bandwidth to access the website. When using a mobile device, ensure that it's connected to a reliable data network or Wi-Fi. If this isn't the case, try again once you've found a more stable connection.
- Go to the “Settings” on your phone. If you’re using WiFI, check the internet connection.
- Go to the “Cellular Data Options” to refresh the internet connection if you're using mobile data.
5. Update Facebook App
You can try updating Facebook to resolve the page loading issue. Since you've run into this problem, the next step is to update your app, sign in again, and load the comments again. Eventually, this will help you solve your problem. Then, see if you receive any notifications to update the Facebook app on your phone.
- If you're an Android user, go to the play store and find the Facebook app.
- Then if it's available, update the app. You can update it by clicking the "Update" button
- If you're an IOS user, go to the app store, locate the Facebook application, and click the "Update" tab.
There you have it! You don't have to worry because we've already covered the five solutions that will undoubtedly lighten your load in this post. You can now use those five solutions to resolve your Facebook issue efficiently if comments or notifications are not loading.