Facebook is a platform that lets people interact with others online. Also, some of its main features are uploading photos, posting your thoughts, and sharing videos. There are many types of videos, like memes, events, and music videos circulating on Facebook. Sometimes, you want to download those videos from Facebook to watch them later offline or keep them to share on other social media websites. However, due to additional privacy, Facebook allows users to make their videos to be private. It does not let other people download videos that have original content quickly. Hence, we have searched and listed all the possible ways to download private Facebook videos below.
What is a Private Facebook Video?
Facebook has a privacy feature where users can pick people who can see their posts. An uploader can choose his/her audience from the given "Restricted list." One of the modes supported on the list is the "Private" mode. Once an uploader sets his/her video posts as private, not all the majority of Facebook users will have full access to it. A private Facebook video is a protected one that cannot be watched and grabbed by everyone quickly. However, in this article, you can see how to curb this problem. We found some solutions that you can trust to download a private Facebook video.
How to Manually Download Facebook Private Videos?
There are several ways to download private Facebook videos, but if you wish to grab them manually, you can follow the steps presented below. Here is the user guide you can refer to download private Facebook videos accurately.
- First, visit your Facebook account and look for the private Facebook video you'd like to download.
- Next, right-click on the video and hit the "Show video URL" option. Then, start to copy the video link and paste it on a new tab on your browser.
- Once pasted, change the "www" on the link into "m" and hit enter. Next, you have to play the video and right-click again anywhere on the surface. Then, select "Inspect," which is the last option on the list.
- Once a new panel shows, hit the "Network" button. Next, click "Media" to get a file. Then, right-click on the file and then choose the "Open in new tab" option.
- After you are directed to a separate tab, look for the "Download" button, and hit it to start the downloading process of saving a private Facebook video.
Video Keeper - Best Private FB Videos Downloader
Trial Limit:It can only download 3 videos per day.
One of the best Facebook’s private video downloaders is the AceThinker Video Keeper. It can easily download many videos at the same time. This tool can also get HD videos from 720p, 1080p, 4K, and 8K resolution as long as the video supports it. Besides, you can use this tool to save a Facebook video in MP3 format if you want. It can not only download videos from Facebook, but it can also download from over 100 popular video-sharing sites like YouTube, Instagram, Dailymotion, and more. To know how to use this tool, you can follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the AceThinker Video Keeper
You can get the installer of the AceThinker Video Keeper by clicking one of the download buttons above. After downloading, launch it, and proceed to following the steps on installing the tool on your computer. Then, open it on your PC to get familiarized with its interface.
Step 2 Get the video URL
Next, go to Facebook with your account and copy the URL of the FB private video that you want to download. Then, paste the link on the search bar of Video Keeper, and click the “+” button to analyze the video.
Step 3 Start downloading private videos from FB
Lastly, hit the "Download" button to start downloading Facebook video to MP4. Wait for a few moments to finish downloading. You may also check the progress within the "Downloading" section.
Step 4 Preview the Downloaded Private Facebook Video
When done, go to the “Downloaded” section to find the Facebook private video you downloaded. Then, right-click on the video and choose “Play Video” to preview it. You may also select the "Open File Location" to go to its download folder.
- This tool has a media player where you can watch the download video.
- It has a built-in search browser where you can stream and download videos directly on Video Keeper.
- You can only choose MP4 and MP3 format when downloading videos.
Best Online Sites to Download Private Video from Facebook
Trial Limit: None
GetFbStuff is a web-based app that can easily download private Facebook videos and hosts numerous Facebook videos in its library. It is solely made for getting Facebook videos in just a few steps. Then, you can directly save the files to your hard drive. Apart from that, GetFbStuff doesn't usually use the standard video URL that you can see on the hyperlink bar once you visit a video site. It uses the embedded source code to download any private videos on Facebook.
- It is completely free and no registration required.
- It only supports one video format, which is MP4.
Trial Limit: None
Another convenient browser-based app on our list is the FBDown.net. This Facebook private video downloader online focuses on saving public and private Facebook videos at ease. All you have to do is to follow a few steps in grabbing private Facebook videos. Apart from that, FBDown.net can also download Facebook live videos as long as it is done live streaming. Moreover, you can install a Chrome Extension of FBDown so you can download videos from Facebook quickly. You can also download videos from Twitter using FBDown.net.
- It supports multiple download of private Facebook videos.
- Sometimes, once you clicked the download link, it starts playing instead of downloading. So, you need to do right-click the video and hit the "Save as..." option to download the file.
Trial Limit: None
Getfvid is also an excellent Facebook video private downloader on our list. You can easily get your desired private FB video by just copying its source code. This online tool has a user-friendly interface that can also convert videos into audio formats and save them as MP3. Additionally, you can get live-streamed videos and watch them later offline. Getfvid can help you to gather all your preferred videos from Facebook, no matter if it's a public, private, or live stream video.
- It has a Chrome extension that makes downloading of private FB videos more convenient.
- Getfvid homepage is full of pop-up ads.
|Need to Download and Install||Yes||No||No||No|
|Supported Sites||100+ Facebook, YouTube, TED, Metacafe, Lynda, Veoh, MyVideo, Break, VEVO, etc.||Facebook and Twitter|
|Supported Platforms||Windows and MacOS||Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and iPhone||Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iPhone||Windows, MacOS and Android|
|Supported Quality||720p to 4K||720p||480p to 720p||480p to 720p|
|Supported Formats||MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, ASF, and more||MP4||MP4||MP4 and MP3|