Are you tired of sending separate PDF and Word files for your documents? Or you want to add a PDF file to your Word document for a better presentation. Either way, inserting a PDF file into Word as an image is an effective solution. This technique allows you to add a PDF file as a picture in your Word document. It makes sharing and presenting the document as a single file easier. It is particularly useful when you want to preserve the original formatting of the PDF. It's also useful when you want to add a watermark to your document or protect it from being edited by converting it to an image. This article will present a comprehensive guide on how to insert PDF into Word as Image. We'll cover the technical aspects of this process, including the best tools and techniques to use. With this guide, you can easily insert a PDF file into Word as an image and enhance your document's presentation. Let's dive in below to begin the smooth process.
Best Ways to Convert PDFs to Images for Insertion
AcePDF is the most popular software for converting PDFs to images. It provides a range of features like creating, editing, and converting PDFs to Word. It makes it an ideal choice for users requiring to open PDF in Word document or Excel. It offers batch processing, which allows users to convert multiple PDFs to images simultaneously. This feature saves time for a one-time conversion process for users with large numbers of PDFs to convert. The software converts PDFs to high-quality image output formats, including PNG and JPG. These formats ensure that the images produced are of the highest quality to insert PDF as Image into Word effectively. The use of its advanced algorithms ensures a fast and efficient conversion process. Moreover, the PDF software is designed as user-friendly which as suitable for beginner users. Also, it can handle large PDF files while maintaining high-quality output images.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Acquire the PDF to Image ConverterTo begin, install AcePDF using the installer provided in the previous step. Choose the appropriate version for your Windows or Mac operating system and follow the installation prompts. Once the installation is complete, the PDF software will automatically launch, providing you with access to its user interface.
Step 2 Initiate the Conversion of PDF to ImageFrom the main interface menu, select "Batch Process" and then choose "Convert from." Import your PDF document by dragging and dropping it into the upload area. If you have multiple PDFs to convert, use the "+Add file" button to add them. Then, select either ".png" or ".jpg" as your desired image format from the list of options and specify the output location. Once you have made your selections, click "Convert" to transform your PDF file into an image file.
Step 3 Check the Converted PDF ImagesOnce the conversion is complete, you can find your new image file in the destination folder listed on your file menu. If your PDF has multiple pages, the images may be in a zip folder you'll need to extract. To confirm that all pages have been converted, right-click the image file and hit "Open with" to view it in your preferred program.
Quick Steps to insert PDF Image into Word Document
PDF images can be inserted into Word in just a few simple steps. Microsoft Word Software provides a built-in "Insert Picture" feature that enables users to add images to their Word documents easily. Various image formats, including PNG and JPG support this feature. Moreover, it will enable the resizing and positioning of the images within the document. There is also an option to wrap the text around the inserted image to enhance the overall visual appeal of the document. Follow these quick steps how to insert PDF into Word document as image:
Step 1 Open Your Word DocumentTo begin, open the Word app on your computer. From there, click "File" in the top left corner of the screen and select "Open" to find the document you want to edit. Otherwise, you can create a new document by clicking "New" instead of "Open."
Step 2Once the Word app is open, navigate to the location in your document where you want to add PDF to the Word document as Image. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen and then click on the "Picture" button in the "Illustrations" section. It will prompt you to your file menu to import your converted PDF. Select the Image and hit the "Insert" button to add it to your document.
Step 3 Resize and Position to Save the FileOnce you have inserted an image into your document, you may need to adjust its size or position to fit the layout. Click on the Image and use the resizing toolbar to make the necessary adjustments. If you want to move the Image to a different location in your document, drag and drop it. Once you're happy with the Image's placement, save the changes by pressing the "Save" button from the "File" tab at the top left corner of the interface.
Other Possible Ways to Insert PDF into Word
Aside from using the "Insert Picture" Tool in Microsoft Word, other methods can be utilized to insert PDF into Word documents. These are also effective in ensuring seamless integration of PDF images into your Word document. Acquiring the best software not only can insert your file but also convert and save PDF as Word format accurately. This will surely enhance the overall presentation and professionalism of your document.
1. Insert PDF as an Object
In addition to inserting PDF images directly into a Word document, another option is to insert the entire PDF file as an object. The first option is the "Display as Icon," which allows the PDF file to be displayed as an icon that can be clicked to open. This approach is useful for text-based PDFs where you want to preserve the original formatting and structure of the document. Adhere to the steps below to insert PDF as an object in Word.
- Open Microsoft Word and go to the "Insert" tab. Click on "Object" in the "Text" group. In the "Object" dialog box, select the "Create from File" tab and tick on the "Browse" button. Locate the PDF file you need to insert, select it, and click "Insert." If you want to link the PDF to the Word document, select the "Link to file" checkbox.
- In the "Object" dialog box, you have two options for inserting the PDF as an object: "Display as icon" and "Link to File." Choose the option that meets your preference. If you want to show the PDF as an icon, select "Display as icon" and choose an icon from the available options. If you will show the PDF as a static image, select "Display as a static image" and choose the page you want to display from the PDF.
- Once you have inserted the PDF as an object, click "OK" to close the "Object" dialog box. You can now resize and move the PDF object within your Word document. When you are satisfied with the placement and size of the object, save your Word document by ticking on "File" and selecting "Save" or "Save As." Your PDF object will be saved within the Word document and can be easily accessed and edited whenever required.
2. Embed the PDF File as an Attachment
While there is an option to insert PDF files as an object displayed as an "Icon," another way is to embed the PDFs as attachments within the Word document. This approach is more suitable when you want to include the PDF file as an attachment in your Word document rather than displaying its contents. Read these steps below to know the procedure for how to embed PDFs as attachments in Word.
- Start by opening the Word document and navigating where you'd like to place the PDF. From there, go to the "Insert" tab and select "Object" from the "Text" group. In the "Object" dialog box, select "Create from File," then click "Browse" to locate the PDF file on your computer.
- Once you've located the PDF file, click "Insert" to import it into your Word document. The PDF will appear in your document as an object. To access the "Object" feature, right-click on the PDF and select "Object" from the drop-down menu.
- In the "Object" dialog box, select the "Create New" tab and import your PDF file by clicking the "Browse" button. Then, select "Link to File" after choosing the PDF file you want to attach. Finally, click "OK" to embed the PDF as an attachment in your Word document.
The process on how to insert a PDF as an image into Word provides the advantage of preserving the layout and formatting of the original PDF file. It allows users to integrate Word and PDF documents seamlessly. Moreover, inserting PDF to Word simplifies the process of sharing and eliminates the need for separate attachments. With that said, following the provided guide above is a great way to achieve the desired integration of your PDF files on your Word document. Additionally, you can expand your reading to learn how to open PDF to other file formats.