FaceTime is the video messaging app developed by Apple Incorporated for their devices that run on iOS and macOS. The app can connect to other Facetime application from different Apple devices, which makes it an exclusive application. The app has a lot of various applications for people, especially those who are far away. With that being said, recording FaceTime conversation is all that rare these days. Although FaceTime has its own recording option, it is not comparable to dedicated screen recorders with premium features. Luckily, this article provide tools that can record FaceTime efficiently. Continue reading to learn more information about these tools.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro (Windows and Mac)
One tool that lets you record a FaceTime call is Screen Grabber Pro for Mac. This tool allows you to record your screen activities on your Mac device. With its flexibility in terms of usage, it can definitely record your FaceTime conversations if you want to watch it after. Screen Grabber Pro is very easy to use that even less experienced users won't be confused. Below are the steps on how to use Acethinker Screen Grabber Pro for Mac.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and install the tool on the Mac device
Simply click the download buttons above, and the installer download will start. Once the download is finished, run the installer and follow the onscreen instruction to properly install the program.
Step 2 Launch the program and start the recording
Once the installation is finished, run the tool to access the home screen. From here, you will see the simple interface of the tool.
Step 3 Open FaceTime and record the conversation
Before starting the recording, launch the FaceTime application and start the conversation. Select "Region" as the recording mode, and select the FaceTime window. Once done, click the "Stop" button to end the recorded process. The recorded video will be saved automatically. You can choose to preview and play the video anytime.
Quicktime Player (Mac)
Most people are oblivious to the fact that Quicktime Player on Mac, is more than just a simple media player. It is equipped with more functions than just playing your favorite music and movies. One example is that it can work as a screen recorder for your Mac activities and record FaceTime with audio. This is perfect for spontaneous activities, like when having a FaceTime call. Why settle for screenshots when you can record the entire conversation. Here are the steps on how to use Quicktime Player on Mac to record FaceTime calls.
- Launch the Application Finder on your Mac, then search and open the QuickTime Player app to access its main interface. From here, click the "File" button in the menu bar to select "New Screen Recording".
- The recording toolbar will appear next. Then, click the "Dropdown" arrow next to the record icon. From the menu that will appear, select "Internal Microphone" then open FaceTime afterward.
- Next, go back to the recording toolbar to click the "Record" button. Then, using the mouse or touchpad, drag to draw the recording screen that will capture the entire FaceTime window.
- Start the FaceTime call, and it will be recorded by QuickTime automatically. To stop it, click the "Stop Recording" button which is located at the menu bar.
- Finally, click the "File" button to rename, select the output folder and save the FaceTime recording.
Record It! (iOS)
The last solution to record FaceTime is Record it! that allows users to to record the iPhone screen and shots taken from its camera. One unique function of the mobile app is that it allows users to add "Reactions" to the recordings directly. Additionally, it also records the sound coming from the microphone so users can make an audio commentary. Aside from recording FaceTime, the app is also useful to record games and apps installed on the iPhone. As an added feature, Record it! also offers a built-in video editor to add filters and background color to the video to make it more stunning. Finally, all recorded and edited FaceTime activities are available to share to YouTube instantly.
- First, go to App Store and search for RecordIt using your iOS device to download and install it.
- After installing, launch the app and tap the “Record” button while doing FaceTime. It will show you a notification saying that it will record everything that appears on your phone.
- Next, tap on the “Start Broadcast” to start recording FaceTime.
- Once done, tap on the “Stop Broadcast” button to end the recording process. You can find and watch the recorded videos by going to the “My Recordings” panel.
AceThinker Mirror (Windows and Mac)
Another great tool for FaceTime screen recording on iOS devices is iOS Mirror. It works on both Windows and Mac, and can be used to either record iOS screen videos, or take screenshots. The record feature of the tool offers video recording in high-resolution with no time limitations. This is why even if the FaceTime conversation takes hours or more, it is sure to record them all. It also allows for full-screen viewing, which is ideal for people who have a visual impairment. FaceTime video recordings can also be uploaded online using the "Share" feature of the tool. To learn how to operate iOS Mirror and record FaceTime calls, follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install iOS Mirror on PC
Get the installer of iOS Mirror from the buttons above. Once the download is complete, run the installer and then follow the instructions from the setup wizard.
Step 2 Mirror iOS on PC
Before doing anything, make sure that both devices are connected to the same internet network—launch iOS Mirror on PC, and the control center on iOS. Tap the "Screen Mirroring" option from the set of options and select the PC's name from the window. The iOS screen will then reflect on the PC screen via iOS Mirror.
Step 3 Record FaceTime call
Once everything is set, start the FaceTime conversation from a bigger screen. Record the conversation by clicking the "Record" button from the sidebar. Also, to end the recording, click the "Stop" button, and then the video will be saved to the folder assigned by the tool.
There are many reasons why people record their FaceTime conversation. That is why it is essential that they have the right tools to do the job. Quicktime Player is always ready to use whenever the need to record a conversation arises. However, there is a more professional approach towards screen recording, and that is by using Acethinker Screen Grabber Pro. This tool, together with iPhone Screen Recorder, provides a seamless and highly responsive mirror and recording functions. Both of these tools are the more reliable choice for all your screen recording needs.