WeChat is one of the most popular mobile applications for chatting with friends and members of your family. Besides traditional text and voice messaging features, WeChat also supports a great feature in video calling that enables people to have a face to face talk. With these calls ranging from a couple of seconds to a long time, it would be great to be able to record WeChat video calls and look back on them. This would be beneficial if someone is giving you instructions to do something, or if you wish to save the call as a great memory, you can look back on. Although this can be fun, it's sometimes not an easy task. In this article, we can show you the best applications to do this to record WeChat video calls on your iPhone or iPad.
AceThinker Mirror - Record iOS WeChat Call Easily
AceThinker Mirror is a worth measuring tool to record iOS WeChat Call on your PC easily. With its easy and simple user-interface, recording your WeChat, WhatsApp, or Viber video call is just click away. You can easily find the tools of the app as soon as you connect your phone to PC. Then record everything from your smartphone, including video calls, online videos playing on your phone screen, your gameplay stream, and so much more. And note that it can record the audio and screen activity of your phone simultaneously. During the call, the tool will let you draw figures using its annotation feature. On the other hand, if you have something important to capture on your current screen, the tool comes with a screenshot function that enables you to take a snapshot. So, without further delay, here's a simple guide on iOS Mirror to record WeChat Video call.
Step 1 Download and install the app
Get started by downloading iOS Mirror on your PC. Select the right platform for your PC and click the download button below. Install and launch the program once the download is complete.
Try It Free
Step 2 Connect your phone to PC
Next, connect your phone to PC wirelessly. Make sure to connect your PC to a network the same with your iOS device first. Then, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the control center. Select "Screen Mirroring" and then look for the name of your computer from the screen mirroring detect tab. Once you spot your computer, tap it. Your phone screen will be shown on the monitor of your computer, indicating that the phone and PC are connected successfully.
Step 3 Record the WeChat video call
Finally, record your WeChat video call. From the set of tools located at the right-hand side interface, click the record icon below the camera icon to start recording. You can take screenshots in the middle of the recording or do some annotations according to your liking. If you wish to stop the recording, simply click the red square button. To check the video, click the "Open Folder" option. You will be directed to the folder where all videos and screenshots are being saved.
iPhone Screen Recorder - Record iOS WeChat Call on PC
iPhone Screen Recorder is one of the best pieces of recording software that lets you record anything on your iPhone/iPad. This includes gameplay, videos, and WeChat calls, which is what we are looking to do here. One great feature is that you can do this wirelessly through the AirPlay function. Once you've established a successful connection, you can see your iPhone/iPad on your computer. Your mobile phone gets completely synced with your computer in real-time. You can watch any videos or movies on your iPhone/iPad on your computer. You can also sync music, videos, documents, and images from their iPhone/iPad to their computer and enjoy sound on their system. It can also act as a WeChat voice recorder as you can capture only the audio. Below are the steps to use this program for your convenience:
Step 1 Download and install the program
You can start downloading the AceThinker iPhone Screen Recorder tool to your computer in the most natural way via the button, which you can find below the end of this step. When you are done with the downloading, you can install it simply on your desktop or laptop to get it ready for your recording. Also, as this tool is used to create and maintain connections among your two devices for projecting the screen, it is essential to download the related application onto your iPhone before starting the screencasting process.
Try It Free
Step 2 Connect the devices
Once the application on the phone and the program on your computer are installed, establish the connection between two devices. This is directly accessed wirelessly through the AirPlay function. At the same time, you have your iPhone and PC under the same Wi-Fi coverage.
Step 3 Perform the recording
Once the connection is established, the activity you will do on your iPhone screen will be all cast real-time onto the display of your laptop via the application, where you can record all the casted activities directly. At this point, you can start your WeChat video call on your phone with a more convenient process than on your computer. Afterward, with a single click, you can start capturing the iPhone/iPad WeChat video call on PC/Mac.
AirShou - Great WeChat Video Call Recorder
AirShou is also one of the top WeChat video recorders that allows you to record video call in WeChat on your iPhone/iPad. However, the AirShou app is not available in the App Store, and to install it on your iPhone/iPad, you need to first install the Emu4iOS app from the App Store. You can use your Facebook account to login to the AirShou app. You can then start recording all your favorite videos, gameplay, and all activities on your iPhone, including the WeChat video calls. In case you would like to learn more about how to use this app perfectly, check our guide below:
Steps on using AirShou:
- In case you decided to use AirShou, first, refer to the download mentioned above and installation methods as this program is relatively unique and requires a bit more effort for its installation than the others.
- Once installed, there should be two options available on the main page. One is to start broadcasting, which allows you to broadcast all the activities you do from your phone, and the other is to start recording.
- And then, use the start recording button to record all your activities on your iPhone. You can also configure options like setting the required resolution, needed framerate, and video output format.
- After that, once you are finish recording all activity you wished to be on the video, from the beginning to its end, you can now finalize the record.
- Lastly, you can view the recorded videos right away on your iPhone.
iRec- Best Free WeChat Video Call Recorder App
iRec is another great iOS WeChat recorder that can record all your WeChat videos in high quality. Once again, this is a program that doesn't require you to jailbreak your Apple device to use it. The app is free to install and also allows you to record your microphone while recording the video. There are also settings provided in the application to configure the video output format, bitrate, fps, and other settings required to produce a high-quality video. The biggest disadvantage of this is that it is not available to download in the App store. The only way to get iRec is to connect your device to the PC and first install Cydia Impactor. Through this, you can install iRec on your device. It is completely free to download, but it has a rather complicated installation process, which will be a lot harder for someone who isn't computer literate. When you decide on recording your iPhone screen together with your WeChat video call via iRec, you can have a look these steps for convenient use:
Guidelines for iRec:
- Firstly, download and install this tool with the help of the detailed installation guide through its official website.
- Afterward, open the program. You will see a screen with the title "New Recording." You need to name your recording before starting.
- And then, click on the "Start Recording" button to begin your recording. It will direct you on the app page where you opened iRec from, so you can go wherever you wish on your iPhone to find and open the app you want to record. For example, WeChat and start your video call with your iRec continuously running until the end of your call.
- Once your WeChat video call has ended, you have to manually open iRec and stop the recording from the application itself. That is, when you enter the app again, you can see that the "Start Recording" button has changed into "Stop Recording," which you can click to end your recording.
- Finally, there will be a short time while the program processes the newly generated data. Then, you can find your new video in the Recordings tab.
Once your WeChat video call has ended, you have to manually open iRec and stop the recording from the application itself. Therefore when you enter the app again, you can see that the "Start Recording" button has changed into "Stop Recording", which you can simply press to end your recording. Afterward, there will be a short time while the program processes the newly generated data. Then you can find your new video in the Recordings tab.