Almost all iPhone users would want to create a lock code on their devices to prevent unauthorized access and secure their personal information. Some of you might even change your password on a regular basis to maintain security. On one hand, this encryption behavior gives you a sense of security; nevertheless, it also puts you in danger of forgetting your iPhone password when you least expect it. Your iPhone will be locked and see a notice stating that your iPhone is deactivated if you enter the wrong password six times in a row on an iPhone. You'll undoubtedly want to find a technique to unlock your iPhone in this situation. However, there are several other issues involved in this situation. To be more exact, you may wipe your iPhone's data and settings to unlock it. Luckily, in this article, we will introduce the most efficient solutions to restore data from locked iPhone. Keep on reading to know-how.
Retrieve Data from Locked iPhone via iCloud
Apple has dominated the smartphone industry since all of its devices include encryption capabilities that secure customers' data. They created this unique feature of Apple hardware to ensure the safetiness of the operating systems on Apple devices without jeopardizing their usefulness. As a matter of fact, iPhone is backed up with iCloud by default. If your iCloud backup data file is not auto-updating it is because you might have deactivated it in "Settings" on your iPhone. In line with that, iPhone owners may retrieve lost data from their iCloud account, which can be accessed online with their Apple ID, thanks to this automatic backup. Though recovering data in this method involves relying on the most recent backup, nonetheless, this method is still effective to recover data from locked iPhone or recover photos from dead iPhone.
Steps to follow:
- Open your web browser and visit iCloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID. Before you can completely sign in you will need to enter your verification code. Since your iPhone is disabled you may use another method to get this done.
- Once the signing-in process is done, you can access your iCloud, from here, you can select which data you want to retrieve from your iPhone.
- After you have selected the file you want to retrieve click on the "Download" button that resembles a cloud with an arrow pointing downwards.
Restore data from locked iPhone via iTunes
Another way to recover data from locked iPhone is via iTunes. You can use iTunes to retrieve data on your device and restore it to its default settings. Besides, it can help you if you are having a problem with your device an example is if your other applications freeze and not responding frequently. But you need to take note that restoring data on iPhone deletes all your information and settings. Nonetheless, iTunes backs up your iPhone before restoring it so you can use the backup to restore your data to exactly how you last used it.
Step to follow:
- Connect your device to your computer, you can connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- On your computer access iTunes, then click the "Device" button on the upper left of the iTunes window.
- After that, click "Summary", then click "Restore" and follow the onscreen instructions provided.
Retrieve Data from Locked iPhone using AceThinker iOS Data Recovery
AceThinker iOS Data Recovery can also be used to retrieve your iPhone data from your previous backup file or even without backup files. This tool can help you selectively restore data from your iPhone with only a few minutes and no technique required at all. The recoverable files you can retrieve include camera roll, photo stream, contacts, messages, and many more. Besides, this tool is available for both Mac and Windows versions. In line with that, it also supports all iOS devices and iOS units including iPhone 12, iOS 14, and earlier. Below are the steps you can follow on how you can recover data from locked iPhone.
Try it for Free
Steps to follow:
- To start, you must first download and install the iPhone data recovery program. The program will start automatically when the installation procedure is completed.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer by attaching the USB cord to both your iPhone and your computer, and see whether the program can identify it.
- Select "iPhone Data Recovery" when the program has detected your device, then "Recover from iOS Device" and "Start Scan."
- After that, click the data you want to recover from your locked iPhone. Then you can preview the files you want to recover and finish the process, you can hit "Recover."
Remove Screen Passcode to Restore Data from Locked iPhone
Since your iPhone is locked, you could also try to unlock the screen passcode using a third-party tool. AnyUnlock is designed to remove the iOS device's screen passcode. So if you forgot the passcode or your iOS device is disabled due to several failed attempts this tool is perfect for you. Aside from unlocking the iOS device's screen passcode, it can also unlock the iTunes backup password, remove Apple ID and remove the Screen Time passcode. The important thing you should take note that if you use this tool all the existing content and settings on your iOS device will be wiped out. So you need to make sure that you have backup your data on iCloud or iTunes. Below are the methods you can follow to remove your iPhone screen passcode to restore data from locked iPhone.
Steps to follow:
- Get AnyUnlock and install it on your computer, after you have installed the tool, launch it and connect your iPhone to it. Once the tool has detected your device, hit "Unlock Screen Passcode."
- From here, follow the on-screen instructions to get the iPhone into recovery mode and download the iOS firmware. This process will take some time so you have to be patient since this is for unlocking the screen passcode
- Once done, tap the "Unlock Now" option, and the tool will automatically unlock your iPhone screen passcode. You will see the "Screen passcode removed successfully" on the tool's interface once the process is done
- Lastly, since you can access your iPhone you can sync it to any of your backups to restore your data.