We invest so much in our smartphones, particularly with Apple. We trust their mobiles with some of our most precious data as they are built with a secured system. However, when your iPhone crashes, for example-you accidentally dropped it, causing it to break or completely dead can be frustrating. Whether your device can be repaired or not, backing up data stored on it becomes the first thing you should do before having it repaired for safety purposes. In line with that, most users are concerned about the photo stored in their iPhones. After all, it isn't easy to lose all the precious memories behind every picture they stored on their devices. In this case, it is essential to learn the most efficient ways to retrieve photos from dead iPhones instructed in this article.
Recover Photos from Dead iPhone with AceThinker
Are your thoughts still stuck on how can you retrieve photos from a dead iPhone when you accidentally drop your iPhone? Worry no more as AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery can help you get back your photos from your dead iPhone. This application is designed to recover lost or deleted iOS data with a few clicks. Besides, it can retrieve data from iOS devices directly without backup files and with iTunes/iCloud backup. Aside from photos, it can also restore videos, audio, note, and other confidential files through a computer. In addition to that, it supports all iOS devices and iOS units, including iPhone 12, iOS 14, and earlier. Below are the methods you can follow on how to recover photos from dead iPhone without backup.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install iOS Data Recovery Tool
Since the tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac just click the compatible version for your computer. Then, run the installation package and finish the on-screen instructions to install the iOS data recovery tool. After the installation process, the tool will automatically launch.
Step 2 Connect your iOS Device
Connect your iOS device to your desktop by plugging in the charging cable to your iPhone and computer, and check if the application can detect your device.
Step 3 Start the Process
Once the tool has recognized your device, select "iPhone Data Recovery" then, click "Recover from iOS Device" and hit the "Start Scan" button.
Step 4 Select and Recover the Photo
Once the scanning method is done, you can access your files on the left panel of the tool. Click on the categories that contain your photos; for example, click "Photo Library," which will view more details. After that, tick the photos you need and hit the "Recover" button.
Retrieve Photos from Dead iPhone with iCloud
The iPhone is backed up with iCloud by default. Every time your iPhone charges, even the screen is locked as long as the Wi-Fi is turned on. The only cause your backup data file in iCloud isn't auto-updating is if you disabled it in your iPhone's "Settings." Due to this automated backup, most iPhone users can recover lost data from their iCloud account, which can be accessed online using their Apple ID. Unfortunately, retrieving data in this manner necessitates depending on the most recent backup, which may not contain all the most recent photos, videos, messages, and other confidential information. Nonetheless, this method is still effective, and you can use the files you have to retrieve to replace your iPhone data files after it's been repaired or to load them on a new iPhone. Moreover, this method works on all iPhone units regardless of their models. Below is the demonstration you can follow on how to get photos off dead iPhone or recover photos from broken iPhone.
- On your web browser, go to iCloud.com, and you need to sign in on your Apple ID.
- After entering your Apple ID and password, you will usually get a verification code on your device. Since your iPhone is dead, you can use another method by clicking the "Didn't get a verification code?" blue text.
- From here, select an option to get the verification code for signing in on iCloud.
- Once you are done with the process, you can now access your iCloud. Since you need to retrieve the photos, you can click "Photos."
- After that, you will see all the photos you have saved on your iPhone. Select all the photos you want to obtain from your dead iPhone; then click the "Download" button on the upper right side of the page that resembles a cloud with an arrow pointing downwards.
- Wait until the downloading process is done, and double-clicking the downloaded files will redirect you to the file location.
Retrieve Photos from Dead iPhone with iTunes Backup
iTunes works similarly to iCloud; with that being said, it also wipes iPhone data before restoring it. It is beneficial to those who have recently purchased an iPhone. When you sync your iPhone with iTunes (or Finder), a backup file is produced on your computer containing a copy of the data currently saved on your iOS device. Although iTunes was created to help you restore data from your iOS device, these backup files may also be utilized to retrieve data from dead iPhones. You can follow the steps below on how to get photos of dead iPhone with iTunes backup. This method is also applicable when you encounter the problem iPhone won't delete photos.
- The first thing you need to fulfill is to connect your iPhone to a computer using your charging cable.
- After that, launch iTunes and click on the iPhone icon near the upper left corner of the application.
- Click "Photos" and find the pictures you want to recover from your device.
- Once done, click the "Apply" button to save the changes.