If you frequently erase your iPhone messages, or have recently large deletions to free up some space, it is important to be sure to save any messages that you might need in the future. However, if you deleted a text message which you had intended to keep, don't worry because you can still restore iMessages from iCloud. iCloud for messages allows you to change and delete all messages from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac by using the same Apple ID and password. The web browser, on the other hand, cannot be used to browse or access messages online. When you delete messages from iMessages or text messages from your iPhone by accident, or as a result of a system or other issue, you lose the text messages stored on your iPhone. Thankfully, you've already backed up these messages to iCloud.
How to Restore iMessages from iCloud Backup [The Official Method]
This method can only be used when you've backed-up your iPhone by using the iCloud application. Most likely, iCloud will back up all your text messages as well as iMessages and it helps in restoring iMessages from backup. However, you'll need to backup other files, too. When the process is complete the entire data including your text messages as well as the iMessage messages will return back to your iPhone. It's basically an all-or-nothing procedure! Apple did not provide users with a method by which they can restore backups in a selective manner. You'll either need to restore the entire backup or you'll end up with no backup even. It's an option that is feasible! Follow these steps to make restoring iMessages from iCloud easily:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and then go to Settings. Now, click Reset by clicking General.
- After that, tap the "Erase All Contents" option. This will erase all the information stored on your iPhone. A brand new screen for Setup will be displayed.
- Follow the steps correctly until you see "Apps and Data." There you need to select "Restore from the iCloud Backup."
- Now you must enter with your Apple ID and password to login to your iCloud account. Inside the iCloud Account, there is a large list of backups that will be accessible. You have to select the one most relevant to your needs which contains text messages.Then, connect to Wi-Fi.
One Click Solution to Restore iMessages from iCloud [Editor’s Choice]
The official method on how to restore iMessages allows users to selectively restore iMessages and you'll have to restore the entire backup to iCloud. However, it is possible to utilize a specialized program, known by the name of AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery, to selectively restore iMessages from iCloud backup, and do it with unbeatable ease. It comes with three different modes for recovery, so you can select the one that best suits your situation. You can use iCloud backup files, iTunes backup, or can also recover all of your data even if you haven't backed it up.
- OS recovery program is extremely quick and operates in a simple manner.
- It can help you recover virtually every type of file or data.
- All models of the iPhone, iPad, and iPod models are supported.
- It is easy to recover the data using AceThinker in any circumstance.
- It lets you recover from iCloud backup, iTunes backup, and from the devices directly.
Try it for Free
How to Retrieve iMessages from iCloud using AceThinker?
Step 1 Launch AceThinker Software
Launch the AceThinker app and choose the option that states "Recover from iCloud". Then, sign in your account through iCloud. When two-factor authentication has been activated, you must click on the button to trust. Once it's done the verification code has been sent to you by Apple. In order to use Fone Keeper, you'll be required to enter the verification code.
Step 2 Select One of the Two Methods
There are two ways you can choose to scan iCloud.
- The type of data should be chosen from Photos calendars, reminders, notes and Attachments, as well as Contacts. Then, click Start to allow the process of analyzing iCloud data to begin. After the scan is completed After the scanning is complete, you can select any of the categories listed on the left. Before pressing the button to recover, you must select the items to be taken back. When you click Recover the data will be stored on your local disk.
- This process involves scanning and recovering data from the backup files stored in iCloud. Select the iCloud Backup option. The backup files stored in iCloud which are linked to the iCloud accounts will be shown. They are marked with the iOS device's name along with a backup date.
Choose the version you require and click "Download.
Step 3 Software Scan
A pop-up window will appear. The information you wish to restore should be chosen from an iCloud backup. Then, click Next. After that, the iCloud backup file will be to be scanned by Fone Keeper.
Step 4 Recover Data
When the scanning process has been completed, you are required to have the data type selected from the left. By doing this, you will be able to learn more about the information that was scant. If you have any particular item or file you'd like to restore, simply click the checkbox. Then, click the Recover button beneath. By doing this, deleted backup data from iCloud can be restored back to your device.
Step 5 Check the Information
The scan results are available to view after the scan is finished. On the left is the type of category, as well as the information. By clicking on any of them, you will allow you to see the specific content belonging to that category. Once you have selected the files you wish to access, press the Recover button to allow the files to be copied on your local disk.
How to Restore iMessages from iCloud on Mac?
You can also view your messages from your Mac. To enable iCloud messages on your Mac First, you must ensure you've signed on using the identical Apple ID with your iPhone Open Messages, and then choose Preferences > click iMessage and enable Messages in iCloud. After that, you can make iMessage recovery from iCloud possible by following the steps below:
- On your Mac On your Mac, log out of all iMessage accounts, and then close the Messages app.
- Open Finder, and then go into the directory: /Library/Message.
- Choose the folder that has the date that you need.
- Click it, then Restore.
The Official Method vs. AceThinker: Which One is Better?
In the article, we've discussed ways of recovering iMessages from iCloud. The first is by using a third-party tool AceThinker, while the second is the Apple's official method of recovering those backup files. Two of these options are completely distinct from each other. In essence, if someone asks how to access messages stored on iCloud and the method that is provided isn't suitable for them because it lacks the ability to locate the specific file. In essence, it's an all-or-nothing situation and you could either have the entire backup deleted or get it restored and there's no compromise. Therefore, Apple's approach:
- It's completely impractical.
- It's not easy to use.
- The slowest method, which has been in use for decades.
- It is not possible to restore data selectively.
- It is not recommended to restore backups over Wi-Fi because it may result in data loss.
In contrast AceThinker, a contemporary software with diverse capabilities and features!
- It is extremely simple to make use of.
- It's able to restore backups of iCloud backups as in addition to iTunes backup.
- This application makes it possible to backup selectively.
- The app is very fast.
- Check out the preview prior to restoring.