While browsing the internet there are chances that you can encounter some information or pictures that caught your attention, and you want to save them. Thanks to the advanced feature of the iPhone called screenshot. The function lets you easily capture any image or important information for later usage. The screenshots can come in handy for QR codes, customer orders, ticket information, course arrangements, and other things. Besides, taking screenshots on your device makes it easier to share stories and information with your family and friends. When screenshots are shared or put to good use, you may tend to clear up storage by deleting unnecessary screenshots. However, upon deleting them, there are times that you have accidentally deleted some of the important ones too. There are also times that you updated the operating system of your iPhone, and all the important screenshots you have saved are gone. Fortunately, we have collected the most effective ways on how to recover permanently deleted screenshots on iPhone. Check them out to retrieve your screenshots.
What is screenshot and its importance?
A screenshot, also recognized as a screencap or screengrab, is a digital picture that depicts the contents of a mobile screen or computer screen. Screenshots enable you to capture exactly what's on your screen, so you may share it with others or refer to it later. Capturing, saving, and sharing screenshots can be helpful. Some even argue that the screenshot is the most essential aspect of the internet. Still, how can a photograph of your mobile screen or computer screen be so important? Screenshots are frequently used as a new era artifact. They're a means of proving to others that you're seeing what you think you're seeing. They not only assist you in proving your case, but they also assist you in archiving the past. Besides, screenshots can help you get your work done faster. In an instance, they can be useful when you need to illustrate or explain something that might otherwise be difficult to convey verbally.
Recover iPhone Screenshots using AceThinker IOS Data Recovery
System Compatibility: Windows and Mac
If you don't own a copy of the lost data or you are looking for the most reliable way to retrieve deleted screenshots from your iOS device without a backup, you've come to the right place. AceThinker iOS Data Recovery can help you with this issue, as it is outlined particularly for iOS devices. This deleted screenshot recovery iPhone tool can help recover data from locked iPhone you such as photos, videos, notes, music, and more. Besides, this tool supports all iOS devices and versions like iPhone 12 and iOS 14. See the other features of this tool and the guide on how to recover deleted screenshots of an iPhone using this iOS data recovery.
- It has a straightforward user interface that even new users can easily navigate.
- This tool can also repair any system error in iOS devices.
- It also supports recovering data from your iCloud and iTunes backup.
- Before recovering the data, users can preview the screenshots or any files using this tool.
Try it for Free
- To start, tap any of the buttons given above to save the tool on your computer. Once the downloading process is done, finish the installation process by clicking all the prompts provided. After that, the tool will launch automatically.
- Next, connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable and wait until the iOS data recovery tool detects your iPhone. Once the tool detected your iPhone, choose "iPhone Data Recovery" to access the "Recover from iOS device" option. From here, hit the "Start Scan" button to start the process.
- After the scanning ends, all your files will be categorized on the left side of the tool's interface. Select "Camera Roll, "Photostream" and "Photo Library" to preview all the images saved on your iPhone.
- Lastly, select all the screenshots you need to recover and hit the "Recover" button to retrieve them.
Alternative Ways to Recover iPhone Screenshots
In this section, we've outlined some of the methods on how to recover deleted screenshots on iPhone. See them through to fix this issue.
Way 1: Recover Deleted Screenshots iPhone-Recently Deleted Folder
This solution is one of the most significant ways to retrieve removed screenshots or any photo on your iPhone without any backup or a computer. It is viewing from the iPhone's "Recently Deleted" album. To prevent users from losing photos, videos, and screenshots after they've been erased, Apple developed this album. The "Recently Deleted" folder preserves any pictures or screenshots that iPhone users have accidentally or intentionally deleted. Though, after 30 days, the erased data from this folder will be removed or deleted permanently. In this situation, you can try your luck to retrieve deleted screenshots through this iPhone's advanced feature. See the guide below on how to find deleted screenshots on iPhone.
- First, open your Photo application on your iPhone. Then, go to the "Album" folder to access the "Recently Deleted" folder.
- From here, you can preview the deleted screenshots and photos. Choose the screenshots you want to restore, and hit the "Recover" button to save them back on your gallery.
Way 2: Recover Deleted Screenshots iPhone-iTunes Backup
If you have a backup, you may use iTunes to recover your lost or deleted screenshots. The data in your iPhone may be replaced with the recovered content as a result of this process. When you sync your iOS device with iTunes, a backup file is created on your computer containing the existing data you have on your iPhone. You can follow the steps below on how to recover iPhone screenshots if you can risk your current data on your iPhone.
- To recover deleted screenshots, first, plug in your iPhone to your computer with the help of your USB cable.
- Then, launch iTunes and hit the iPhone icon at the upper left corner of the application to access your device.
- From here, click the Summary option and hit the "Restore Backup." Finally, hit the "Done" button to sync your data to your iPhone device.
Way 3: Recover Deleted Screenshots iPhone-iCloud
Your iPhone is backed up with iCloud even your screen is locked as long as the Wi-Fi is on. The only thing that your device is not auto-updating is if you have disabled it in your iPhone's "Settings." With iCloud, iPhone users can easily access some of their lost data. This method can be done by accessing their iCloud account by logging in to their Apple ID. However, retrieving data with this method relies on the most recent backup, which may not contain all your files. When you removed screenshots from your iPhone, iCloud sync must have been restarted. You won't be able to find deleted screenshots on your iPhone in iCloud in this instance. However, if you've already backed up your iPhone to iCloud, you may use that backup to restore lost screenshots on your iPhone. The steps are as follows:
- Go to iCloud.com and log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID.
- Once done, click "Photos" and browse to see your deleted screenshots.
- After that, select all the screenshots you want to retrieve and hit the "Download" button.