Audio messages have become an increasingly popular means of communication in recent years. They allow individuals to convey their messages more personal and expressive, adding nuances and emotions often lost in text-based communication. For many, audio messages have become an integral part of their daily communication routine, whether for work or personal purposes. However, there are times when technology can fail us, such as when we cannot send audio messages. This is a frustrating issue that many individuals have experienced at some point or another. Whether due to a glitch in the app or internet connectivity issues, being unable to send audio messages can result in a significant barrier to communication. The "Cannot send audio messages at this time" is a common error message many individuals encounter. It can occur for various reasons, including technical issues, poor internet connectivity, or insufficient storage space on the device. Regardless of the cause, this issue can cause significant delays and disruptions in communication, adding unnecessary stress to an already hectic day. That's why it is important to address this issue to ensure seamless communication. Therefore, finding a solution to the problem is vital and ensuring that audio messages can be sent without any issues. This article provides seven troubleshooting steps to address this issue.
Part 1. How to Fix Unable to Send Audio Messages on iPhone?
Solution #1. Force Close the Message App
For the first solution that will help you to solve the issue of not being able to send audio messages you can force closing the messaging app. This is the most basic troubleshooting step, as it follows the app to reset and clear any temporary glitches that might be causing the issue. Also, this will give the app a refreshing start and may resolve the issue. To do it:
- On your device's home screen, swipe up and hold to access the app switcher or recent apps screen. Next, find the Message app from the list of open apps.
- Swipe up on the messaging app to force close it. This will close the messaging app completely and allow you to reopen it with a fresh start.
- Wait for about a minute or two before reopening the app. Afterward, relaunch the messaging app and try to send an audio message again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution #2. Reactivate iMessage on Settings
Still cannot send audio message at this time after trying to force quit the messaging app? This can happen due to a configuration issue with iMessage. You can try reactivating iMessage on your device's settings for this issue. Doing this will give the device a chance to reconnect to the messaging service. Also, it potentially resolves any issues preventing audio messages from being sent. You can see the instructions below.
- First, close the iMessage app and look for the Settings app on the home screen. Then, open the Settings app and scroll down the settings options until you find the "Message."
- Tap on "Messages" to open the iMessage settings. Inside the Message settings, you will see an option to toggle iMessage on or off. Since it's turned on, tap the toggle to turn off iMessage for a while.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before enabling it again. After reactivating the iMessage, go back to the Messages app. Then, try to send a voice message again and see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution #3. Check Network Connection
Having a stable network connection is crucial for sending audio messages. If you are using mobile data to send audio messages, the internet speed is not enough to support the transmission. Therefore, try to switch to a Wi-Fi network if available. This will ensure a stronger and more reliable connection for sending audio messages. Additionally, ensure that your Wi-Fi connection or cellular data is strong and stable, as a weak connection can hinder the sending of audio messages and prevent iMessage photos not showing. You can try the listed troubleshooting tips below to strengthen your network connection.
- If you use Wi-Fi, try getting closer to your Wi-Fi router or access point.
- Reset your network connection by restarting your modem or router.
- If you are mobile data, try toggling the Airplane Mode on and off.
- Ensure that you have sufficient data or credit remaining on your mobile plan.
- If you are outside, ensure you are in an area with good network coverage to avoid connectivity issues while sending voice messages.
Solution #4. Turn Off Sound Recognition
The Sound Recognition feature on iPhone uses artificial intelligence to recognize sounds in the environment and provide notifications or alerts to the user. However, this feature can sometimes conflict with the iMessage app's audio recording function, causing it to malfunction and preventing the user from sending voice messages. Turning off the Sound Recognition feature allows the iPhone to free up resources and enable the iMessage app to function properly. This can resolve the can't send voice message on iMessage issue on iPhone and restore the user's ability to send voice messages seamlessly. To turn off this feature, see the guide below.
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone. You'll find it as a gear icon on your home screen. Once you've opened the app, navigate to the "Accessibility" option in the Settings menu.
- Open the Accessibility option and scroll down to the Hearing section. There, you will find Sound Recognition. Tap on it to access its settings.
- Then, toggle the switch next to it to turn off the feature. Finally, exit the settings app and return to the Message app. Afterward, try to send an audio message again and see if it is sent now.
Solution #5. Update the Message Application
Having an older version of iMessage can lead to various issues, such as cannot send audio messages at this time and iMessage disappearing on your iPhone. That's why having an updated version of it is crucial. Additionally, updating the iMessage application can bring bug fixes and improvements that can resolve problems related to sending voice messages. Aside from that, updating the app can ensure compatibility with the latest iOS version and enhance overall performance. To check if the messaging app needs an update, follow the steps below:
- Navigate the App Store on your mobile screen and search for "Message" in the search bar. You can see the search icon on the bottom part of the screen.
- Next, enter "Message" on the search bar and find it from the search results. Once you find the "Message" app, tap on it to open its details page. If an update is available, you can see an "Update" button beside it.
- Tap on the "Update" button to make an update to the iMessage app. After the update process, exit the App Store and return to your updated messaging app. Finally, you can try to send a voice message to someone and see if the message will be sent.
Solution #6. Ensure You and the Recipient Has The Same Messaging App
The sender and recipient must use the same messaging app to avoid compatibility issues when sending audio messages in real-time. Different messaging apps use different audio codecs and compression algorithms, which can result in audio messages failing to deliver or being distorted. By using the same messaging app, both parties can ensure that they are using the same codec and compression algorithm, which will help to avoid any issues with sending or receiving audio messages. Additionally, using the same messaging app can ensure that both parties have access to the same features and functionality of the audio messaging. Aside from that, the audio feature of iMessage is specifically designed only for iPhone users, not Android users.
Fixing Cannot Send Voice Messages Issue - Advanced Solution
"I already tried the basic solutions, but still, I can't send audio messages on my iPhone. What should I do?" If you are in a situation like this, you still can't send a voice message after trying all the basic troubleshooting methods you know. Maybe your phone needs further software repairs or a system recovery. In such cases, consider using a reliable iOS system recovery tool like AceThinker.
AceThinker iOS System Recovery is multi-functional software designed to fix various issues of iOS devices, including audio messaging problems. It has the two best repair modes that you will utilize to make your iPhone come back to its normal function. The two options are Standard and Advanced Mode, which will help you to solve common and severe issues. The difference is that Standard Mode is for common issues without data loss. While Advanced Mode is for more complicated errors, it will wipe all your data from your device. Aside from that, utilizing this tool has an advantage, like you don't need to go for more troubleshooting methods. At least this software can resolve the audio messaging problem in just three simple steps. You can see and follow the guide below to learn how to use it.
Step 1 Install the Tool on Your PCStart by downloading the software file from the official AceThinker website. Alternatively, click the button above to download AceThinker iOS System Recovery. Afterward, install it on your computer and launch it. Then, connect your device and allow the tool to scan it.
Step 2 Get a Firmware PackageNext, choose one of the two repair modes to fix the sending audio messages error. Afterward, you will see the firmware available on the next screen. Download the one with the latest version by clicking the download button beside it.
Step 3 Install the FirmwareAfter downloading the firmware, click the "Next" button at the bottom to install it. Let the process complete to solve your iPhone's issue. After the operation, restart your device and open your message app. Then, try to send a voice message to someone and see if the message will be sent.
In conclusion, being unable to send audio messages on your iPhone can be frustrating. However, the good news is that solutions are available to fix this issue. In this guide, we have provided you with basic and advanced solutions. The basic solutions are reactivating the iMessage, force closing it, checking your internet connection, and more. You can see the full guide above. But if the issue persists, it is best to try system recovery software like AceThinker for further assistance. However, if the problem persists, it is best to seek professional help before making things worse. Following these steps systematically and patiently is crucial to ensure the best results. Furthermore, if you have another issue with your iMessage app, click this link for more information.