Among the many security measures, you can take to protect your iPhone, setting up a passcode is most popular. If you forget the passcode or an unauthorized attempt to unlock your iPhone, it takes the necessary measures to protect the user's data. Usually, there are limited attempts to unlock your iPhone before it is disabled. It becomes incredibly frustrating when you aren't able to unlock your iPhone. And the situation gets even worse if trying to access the phone without a password results in permanent disabling of the device. However, this article will learn more about how many attempts to unlock the iPhone and methods to bypass the imposed restrictions and maximize the attempts.
How Many Attempts are Allowed to Unlock iPhone (Default Settings)
How many tries to unlock iPhone before it locks you out and gets disabled? After six failed attempts in a row to unlock iPhone, your iPhone will be disabled for one minute. Any wrong attempt moving forward will increase the disable time before you can make another attempt. The time you will have to wait will become frustrating, which is explained below:
- On five failed attempts, your iPhone gives you another chance to input the passcode.
- When there are six wrong attempts in a row, iPhone will be disabled for one minute.
- Now, on every wrong attempt, the time you will be locked out will increase; it will be for five minutes on the seventh attempt.
- You will be locked out for fifteen minutes and one hour on the eighth and ninth consecutive failed attempts, respectively.
- When you enter the wrong passcode, the iPhone will be disabled permanently to prevent the stolen data even for the tenth time.
- Now, if you have enabled the "Erase Data security feature," all of your data will be wiped out. You can only restore your data if you have a backup on iCloud or any local storage.
Unlock iPhone (Without Worrying About Limited Attempts)
Suppose you are worried about how many times you can try to unlock an iPhone without getting yourself locked out. In that case, you can utilize third-party software such as AceThinker iPhone Unlocker, which can assist you in unlocking a locked or disabled iPhone with ease. This unlocking tool helps you bypass any restriction or lock on your iOS devices, including iPad, iPod, and iPhone. It is the best and most hassle-free way when you forget your passcode and haven't even synced your data. It claims that you won't lose your data and will gain access to your iOS data in seconds. Not only does it bypass your screen passcodes, but it also unlocks any Apple ID or any password with three provided modes.
Try it for Free
- Fast, easy, and efficient software to unlock iOS devices.
- Without worrying about how many attempts for iPhone passcode, you can bypass it immediately.
- Remove Apple ID without any password.
- Retrieve any screen time passcode without data loss.
- Unlock every type and even the newest versions of iOS devices.
- Dedicated versions of AceThinker iPhone Unlocker are available for Mac OS and Windows PC.
Step 1 Install AceThinker and Select Wipe Passcode OptionOnce you have installed and launched the AceThinker iPhone Unlocker on your PC, you will click on the Wipe passcode option from the software's main interface and click on the start button.
Step 2 Connect Your Device and Confirm the Displayed InformationNow, connect your iPhone through a PC using a USB cable wire. Once recognized, all the related information will be displayed on the software interface. Make sure the displayed information is correct; click on the start button for downloading the firmware.
Step 3 Download Firmware on Your iOS DeviceOnce the firmware has been downloaded, an unlock option will be seen on the interface. Click on it to begin wiping the passcode from the iPhone.
Step 4 Remove iPhone PasscodeNow, carefully enter "0000" in the bar available. When you do this, the passcode will be removed. By doing so, your data will be erased, and iOS will be updated to the latest version.
Other Way to Restore Disabled iPhone After Too Many Attempts (Via iTunes)
Are you wondering how you can enter the wrong passcode on your iPhone many times? After the iPhone has been disabled by entering the wrong passcode several times, what will you do? An official method to restore your disabled iPhone after many wrong attempts is iTunes. Below are the simple actions you can take to retrieve your iPhone.
- For iPhone 8 and newer iOS versions, connect your iPhone to PC via USB cable wire while pressing the side button until your iPhone is switched to recovery mode. Switch off your iPhone in prior iPhone versions and then turn on the recovery mode.
- On your PC, open iTunes and find your iPhone.
- Click on the restore button from the pop-up dialog box.
- iTunes ensures the downloading of firmware for your iPhone, automatically restoring the disabled iPhone.
Bonus Tip: Stop iPhone from Wiping Data After Too Many Attempts
How many attempts before iPhone locks? There are a total of ten chances after which the iPhone is completely disabled. If the security feature toggle is turned on, all of your data is also erased so that your privacy isn't breached. Plus, this method can also unlock Apple ID without phone number. Now, if you want to stop your device from wiping the entire data after trying to unlock your iPhone with maximum allowed attempts, then here are the steps you can take:
- In the navigation of your iPhone, tap on and open the settings menu.
- Next, from the list of settings, select the Touch ID & Passcode option. You will be asked for your current passcode to enter the menu.
- Once that's done, you will access the Touch ID & Passcode menu.
- Scroll down, and you will find Erase data, tap on it to turn it off. If the toggle has turned grey, that means it has been turned off.
- Now, even if you forget your password, your data won't be wiped out even after various failed attempts.
This article in depth tells you how many chances to unlock iPhone and the possible measures you can take to overcome it if you have been locked out of your iPhone. If you don't want to go through complicated ways and deal with iCloud or other reset options, you should opt for AceThinker iPhone Unlocker, which works best for all iOS devices and helps in the removal of any passcode with quite ease.