It’s nice to be able to watch movies and TV on our phone, but nothing compares to having them on the big screen of the TV. It's easy to mirror Android gadgets to your TV as there are lots of different applications out there. However, it is much more difficult to find a program that pairs an iOS device to a Sony TV. The good news is that Sony TV has support for Wi-Fi Direct Mode. That feature makes things much easier for iOS users who want to wirelessly connect their device to Sony TV. Below are some of the best options to screen mirror iPhone to Sony TV.
Screen mirror iOS and control Android from PC .
Not only does AceThinker Mirror let you mirror your iPhone to your computer, but it also lets you connect to Android Smart TVs, including Sony TVs and Sharp TVs. With this great tool, you'll be able to enjoy all of your media on your TV. You can mirror gameplay on your TV, watch movies, make presentations, and more. Here's how to use AceThinker Mirror to connect mirror your iPhone on Sony TV.
Step 1 Download and install AceThinker Mirror
Start by downloading the AceThinker Mirror app for your iPhone. Then download the app from the Google Play Store on your TV. Make sure that the phone and computer are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Try it for Free
Mac OS X 10.10 and above
Step 2 Connect iPhone to Sony TV
Start the app on your phone and then tap the blue mirror button. Let the app detect the TV, and then choose your TV from the list. You can also scan a QR code to connect to the TV directly.
Step 3 Mirror your iOS device to Sony TV
Open the Control Center of your phone and click "Screen Mirroring" and then choose the PC's name. Your phone will now be displayed on the TV. You can even stream audio straight to the TV to enjoy the big screen with no limitations. You can also record any activity you do on your iPhone by clicking the "Record" button at the rightmost part of the tool.
iMediaShare is an iOS mobile application that claims it can connect iPhone to Sony TV quickly. This app is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch that runs on iOS 8.0 version or higher. This mobile app lets users stream their photos or play an audio file to a larger device such as a TV. As long as both devices are connected under the same Wi-Fi network, iMediaShare can automatically detect the TV without manually setting it up. Aside from its screen mirroring functions, the app could also act as a remote control that allows users to adjust the volume of the video or audio played on the TV. Check the steps provided below to know more about iMediaShare.
- Tap the link provided here to access the App Store and install iMediaShare on your iPhone. Once installed, launch the app on your iPhone to access it.
- From its main interface, choose which media file you want to stream on TV. You can choose among "Photos", "Videos", "Music", and more.
- Select any media file you want to stream, and let iMediaShare app detect the Sony TV. Once scanned, tap the TV name shown on the phone. Now, the media file will start streaming on the TV.
Dixim Digital TV
DiXim Digital TV is similar to the first tool we looked at. This app can remotely connect to iOS devices and can mirror the screen of those devices on a Sony TV. This app can be used with lots of different models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices with OS 9.3 or above. This simple tool can stream pictures, music, videos, and games directly to your TV. Read through the instructions below to get started.
Steps on using Dixim Digital TV:
- Set up Wi-Fi Direct on the TV and then download the DiXim Digital TV app on your phone through the App Store.
- Launch the app and choose your TV.
- Click on “Shared” from the menu and choose the media type you want to mirror.
- If you want to watch a video, for example, then choose “Videos.”
- Choose the file to stream and then hit “Play” to get started.
AirBeam TV Mirror for Sony Smart TV is a premier mobile application that can stream iPhone to Sony TV wirelessly. Usually, the iPhone can only mirror its screen to other devices with the help of an Apple TV or AirPlay. However, using AirBeam TV it allows users to cast any iOS applications or games and view it on a larger screen. This app supports mirroring mobile screen to any Sony Smart TVs that are manufactured from 2012 and above. The drawback of using this app is that users would have to purchase it first for $4.99 before installing it on their iPhone. Follow the steps provided below to learn more about this solution.
- First, tap the link to open the App Store and install the AirBeam TV app. Once the app is installed, launch it to access the main interface.
- Make sure that both devices are connected under the same network. From the main interface of the app on the iPhone, wait until the phone detects the Sony TV. Once scanned, tap the TV's name on the phone and hit "Start Mirroring".
- After that, a new menu will appear on the phone. From that menu, tap "Mirror Sony TV" then tap "Start Broadcast" to stream the iPhone screen to the TV.
The last mobile solution to cast an iPhone to a larger screen is TV Assist. Using this app it lets users cast and access their media files to Sony TV instantly. Aside from the media files, it will also allow the user to access their social media accounts like Facebook and Instagram and view it on Sony TV. Regarding this function, users can also stream media files like music and videos accessed on the web browser of the phone. Additionally, the app could also connect the iPhone screen to other devices like game consoles, computers, and other DLNA devices. Follow the steps located below to know how to use this app.
- Install TV Assist on your iPhone by tapping the link provided. Once installed, launch the app to access its main interface.
- Once both devices are under the same network, get your iPhone to tap the "Cast" icon located at the top-right corner of the app. From here, let the iPhone scan the Sony TV. Once detected, tap the TV name and let it connect to the TV.
- Once connected, you can start streaming the media files to the Sony TV wirelessly.
These are the simplest and best options for mirroring an iPhone or iPad to Sony TV. All of these methods are guaranteed to work. It's down to you which one you feel meets your needs the best. However, they are only for mirroring an iOS device to a Smart TV. If you want to mirror your iOS device to a PC screen, we recommend using AceThinker Mobile Mirror. It also offers the recording feature. This tool allows you to mirror everything on your screen to the computer in the best possible quality. Best of all, it's available with no jailbreak necessary, no system lags, and it's completely 100% safe.