Nothing can be better than group texting if you plan to have some group gossip with your friends or family. It is also a fantastic thing if you look to send or get notes in your class. However, things can get frustrating if you face the iPhone group text not working issue. While this issue is not that common, the solutions are usually pretty straightforward. So, suppose you are looking to quickly send or receive things in your group chats. In that case, you can get help from the different solutions mentioned below to ensure that your group messages not working iPhone issue is solved. Make sure to follow all of the steps in the given order and never miss a step for the best and quickest solution.
Different Ways to Fix iPhone Group Messaging Not Working
There are different ways to resolve the group messages not working iPhone issue. Still, if you start in the right way, you can solve the issue without doing a lot. So, here we have sorted all the solutions where the simplest ones are on the top.
1. Kill and relaunch the messages application
Did you know that killing and relaunching an application can get the issue resolved most of the time? It is because software issues can be easily solved when you restart them. So, here is how you can get your group messages not working iPhone issues fixed this way.
- First, you need to open the app switcher called the multitasking screen. If your iPhone model comes with a home button, quickly pressing on it twice will take you there. If your iPhone comes without a home button, you need to swipe the pill up a bit and hold it there. Feeling the tactic feedback and releasing the screen will get you to the switcher.
- Once you are in the app switcher, you need to kill the messages app. It can be on the front if you recently opened it. Otherwise, you need to find the app by swiping left or right. Once you find the messages application, you need to take it and swipe up it, which will kill the app.
- Once you have killed the app, you need to go back to the home screen and relaunch the app.
2. Check your network connectivity status
There are some cases where you have to face the iPhone group messaging not working because of network connectivity issues. It is not difficult at all to resolve. Below are the steps that you need to follow.
- First up, you need to check if your device is connected to the internet. Look for Wi-Fi or cellular data. Also, check if you are only getting the connection or getting internet connectivity as internet connectivity matters. If there was no connection before then, connecting could get the job done for you.
- If you already have an internet connection, you need to disconnect and reconnect. Turning the Wi-Fi/Cellular Data off and then on in settings is what you need to do.
- If your iPhone group messaging not working issue is still there, then you need to use an alternate internet connection. Using another Wi-Fi network or other Cellular Data sim card will help you.
3. Restart your iPhone to resolve the iPhone group text not working issue
If you still have the iPhone group messaging not working issue, then restarting your phone might help you out. There are two types of restarting your phone, and here is how you can try both of these out.
- This is the simple way to restart your phone. There is nothing special you need to do. Just get the Slide to power off screen and slide the button. When the iPhone turns off, turn it back on by holding the side button, and it will do the job.
- If a simple restart did not help with not getting group messages on iPhone issues, you need to restart your iPhone. If your iPhone comes with a Face ID, you need to press and quickly release the volume up button, do the same with the volume down button, and hold the side button.
- All of the pressing and releasing must be done in an instant. After you see the Apple logo, you can release the side button.
4. Check if your phone has group messages enabled
If you are still facing the "not getting group texts iPhone" issue, then there might be a chance that you got your settings changed. Changing your settings is not a complex thing, and you can follow these steps to get things done.
- First, you need to go to the settings, and there you can search for Messages.
- Once you are in messages, you need to swipe down to the SMS/MMS section. You can turn the Group Messaging option on there, and you will be good to go.
5. Check if your iPhone has enough storage space left
Not having enough storage space left on your iPhone is one of those tricky things that can lead to other issues. So, in this case, you need to make sure that you have some space left on your iPhone. Here is how you can get the group SMS not working iPhone issue solved in a few minutes.
- First, you need to go to settings and then go to general. Once you are there, you need to look for the storage option. It will tell you how much space is left.
- If you are left with only a few MBs, it is better to free up some space. Here are some fantastic ways to free up some storage space: Delete unnecessary apps, old conversations that you do not need, unnecessary files and images, and get iCloud storage. In this way, you can quickly get your group SMS not working iPhone issue solved.
7. Restart the conversation group
If all the other group conversations are working, but one of them is not working, you need to start it again. To start, you need to delete it by swiping left and then deleting it. Then you can add the contacts by using the "+" sign and try if the "not getting group texts iPhone" issue is solved for you or not.
8. Update your iPhone software version
Updating your iOS version can also help solve the group text issue on iPhone. Below are all the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you need to check for availability. Go to settings and search for "Software update" The first option will tell you if any update is available. If you see updated availability, then proceed with the following steps. Otherwise, you can move to the next method.
- Ensure that you have enough space and internet connection, and then start downloading the update.
- Once the download is complete, you can charge your iPhone enough the start installing the iOS update from the same "software update" option.
Repair with the AceThinker iOS System Recovery Tool
The last thing you can try out is to do System Recovery using the AceThinker tool.
Step 1 Download and Install the AceThinker iOS System Recovery Tool
As the AceThinker iOS System Recovery tool is free and available on both Windows OS and Mac OS, you can download, install, and use it for free.
Try it for Free.
Step 2 Connect Your iPhone
Once installation is complete, you need to connect your phone with a USB cable. Also, check for the required recovery mode.
Step 3 Download Firmware
You can download the required firmware and install it when you find out the required firmware. Doing so will get the job done.
Group texting can bring many benefits, and if it does not work, you may face a lot of frustration. So, solve this issue without doing many complex things, and all you need to do is follow the above-discussed methods.