If you have ever wanted to download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. for watching offline, then KeepVid might have been the site you have used as it's a decent free video downloader. However, KeepVid has suddenly announced that the website will no longer provide any video and audio downloading service without any further explanation in March 2018. If you're a big fan of KeepVid, you may feel sad and even shocked when you hear this KeepVi not working news. What happened? Why KeepVid shuts download the downloading service? Is there any free video downloading sites similar to KeepVid to save online videos or any mobile apps like KeepVid to grab videos? Don't get confused. Here the reason and solutions for KeepVid stopped working are illustrated, and some sites and apps are recommended to download videos on both PC and mobile.
KeepVid No Longer Lets You Download Videos
KeepVid has discontinued all it's downloading features, even include the KeepVid Pro version. The KeepVid.com website is now a site that provides tips for video download solutions instead of a downloading video site.
After the sudden announcement of KeepVid shut down, its users have been posting on social platforms and forums trying to figure out what is going on. After a few days, KeepVid posted on their Facebook saying that KeepVid won't provide video/audio downloading features from now on and they will develop better video and audio tools in the future. It's obvious that KeepVid doesn't mean to reveal much about what happened to the website and why they suddenly closed the downloading service. We guess that the drastic change is probably due to the complaints from the main video streaming websites. You can also check this Keepvid alternative if you want.
Download Online Videos with Video Keeper Lite
I know KeepVid is pretty good and easy-to-use, but don't worry, there is a better alternative for it. Video Keeper Lite is an all-in-one video downloader that can also save videos from several online streaming sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more. Additionally, it can save the video on its original quality even if it is on 8K resolution. Furthermore, it allows you to save nine videos at the same time without hurting much of the download speed. The best thing about Video Keeper Lite is that it downloads a clip as fast as possible. It utilizes the full bandwidth of your internet connection and focuses it on the download process. To learn more about this excellent KeepVid alternative, check the steps provided below.
Try It Free
Step 1 Install the Software
Get the installer of Video Keeper Lite by clicking the "Download" button given. Open the downloaded file to start the installation process. Once done, the main interface of the software should appear automatically.
Step 2 Download a Video
After installation, open a web browser to visit a video streaming website. Find the video you want to download and make sure to copy the URL from the address bar. Next, go back to Video Keeper Lite and select "Paste URL" to continue. The software will analyze the link for a few seconds and start the download process afterward.
Step 3 Play the Downloaded Video
Wait until the download process is finished. Once done, go to the "Completed" panel of the interface located on the left part of it. From here, right-click the downloaded video and hit "Play" to open it immediately.
Other Online Tools to Save Online Videos
1. Save Media
Since KeepVid.com offers no option to download videos, users now have to search for KeepVid alternative downloading sites. Here Save Media is recommended as one of the better solutions to the KeepVid no longer downloading problem. With the use of SaveMedia, you will be able to grab the URL of any video of your choice and provide you low, medium or even high as well as ultra high-quality options to download your chosen video in the event that you join, which permits you to see your latest downloads. Aside from that, the tool is very easy to use plus it does not need any registration to be able to use it. You can just follow the detailed steps below to download online videos with no fuss at all.
- First and foremost, you need to do is to visit the official website where you will come across the search bar of the tool.
- Then, you can simply input the URL of your favorite video from the URL bar of the tool, which is ready to be downloaded.
- Once the tool prepared you the available downloading options, simply click the “Download” button and choose the file location to save the video on your PC.
- Finally, you can play the video by going to its file location. From there, simply click the video to play it automatically.
2. SaveFrom.net Helper
SaveFrom.net Helper is an excellent browser extension that can help you download videos from various websites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, and many others. Currently, this browser add-on is compatible with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. (If you're using IE, you can refer to IE video downloader.) After installing it in your browser, when you open a video's page, there will be a Download button located at the right corner. And you can just click it to save the video. Also, you can select the desired video format and quality from the available list.
- Visit the official webpage of SaveFrom.net and click Install on the top to get access to the extension page.
- You can then click the Download button and follow the instructions to install it and enable it on your web browser.
- Once the installation is successful, open your web browser and find the video you wish to download.
- When you watch a video file, a green Download button will appear. Simply click it to save the video in the desired format and quality.
As you can see, though KeepVid now is not working for downloading, you still have many options when you want to grab videos from online. So from now on, don't be bothered by KeepVid downloading problems. Just use the recommended free online video downloader or get an alternative desktop program to save your desired videos and enjoy them offline!
By the way, if you have any other solution to the KeepVid not working issues, you can share your idea in the comment area. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Find More About KeepVid Not Working
- 1. What happened to KeepVid?
- KeepVid used to be one of the most popular YouTube downloaders, but it has shut down its service. Currently the site is still running, offering knowledge and advice on downloading videos. You can not use it to download online videos anymore.
- 2. What can I use instead of KeepVid?
- There are lots of free online video downloaders similar to KeepVid that can help you grab online videos. You can also use more stable desktop downloaders like AceThinker Video Keeper Lite to download video from almost any site.