For the record, YouTube is no doubt the best video hosting platform worldwide. It is founded by 3 persons, and YouTube now belongs to Google's group of subsidiaries. It hosts billions of user-generated videos ranging from different genres, including business, tutorials, entertainment, education, and a lot more. Another good thing about YouTube is that you can watch most videos in HD quality. Despite these fantastic features, it is undeniable that it also has drawbacks. There are several reports and error messages wherein a YouTube video is not available. We understand that it is a pain in the head if you cannot enjoy these videos. Let us learn the reasons and the simple tricks to fix Error: YouTube this video is not available.
Optimize Internet Connection
First, let us be patient first and not blame YouTube for some errors. In most instances that the video is not playing or YouTube lagging is due to a poor internet connection. Since YouTube is a video-sharing site, it will really require a stable and large dose of your network's bandwidth to play a video properly. In that case, let's check the possible ways to speed up your internet connection.
- Restart your router or the modem. You can simply do this by unplugging/plugging the device.
- Close any unnecessary applications or windows that are opened on your computer. Also, check your hidden icons and a task manager to find apps playing in your background and close them.
- You can also change the video quality of the YouTube video. You'll find a "Settings" icon from the video player and hit it. You can set the quality to the lowest or "Auto," so it won't need your network's great bandwidth.
- Disconnect other devices from your WiFi or internet connection. In doing this, your device can maximize your network.
- Lastly, you can call your network provider's support or troubleshooting team to check other ways. Or if there's any reported outage in your area.
Region block is a type of censorship that a YouTube uploaded can apply to their videos. Here, the video will only be available to particular countries or regions. If you need it but the YouTube video not available in your country, the best solution here is to use a Virtual Private Network or VPN. This technology hides your IP address and lets you change it to the country or region wherein the video is accessible.
- VPN is available to install on your computer and mobile phones. You can find a browser extension or install it on Google Play Store or App Store.
- Once installed, access the VPN and choose the country or region wherein the video is available.
- Finally, open YouTube and start playing the video.
Deactivate Hardware Acceleration
Hardware Acceleration is a feature for Chrome that lets you utilize your CPU and GPU simultaneously. It sounds good, right? However, there are reports that when it is enabled, a YouTube video unavailable error occurs. This is happening since YouTube does not really need it, especially if your CPU is strong. Here's how you can disable it.
- Launch Google Chrome and hit the "3 dots" located at the top-right corner, next to the address bar.
- From the menu that will appear, choose "Settings," and it will automatically redirect you to a new tab.
- Scroll down until you reached the bottom part of the page and click "Advanced."
- Go to the "System" menu and turn the slider off to disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Close then relaunch Google Chrome and try to play the YouTube video.
Clear the Browser's Cache
For people who are not that tech-savvy, a cache is a hidden file and information downloaded directly to your device's local storage. As a result, the browser or even your device will be slower. Also, the loading time of each website you'll visit will be longer. Here's the catch, there is no way to stop your device from downloading cache files. But the good thing is that there is a way to remove them quickly. Let us show you a way to clear the cache on Google Chrome.
- On Google Chrome, let's go again to the "3 dots" and hit "Settings."
- Go to the "Advanced" section and find the "Privacy and Security" section.
- Select "Clear browsing data," and a window will appear. Go to its "Advanced" tab, then.
- For the "Time range," select "All time" and make sure there is a check on "Cached images and files." Finally, click "Clear data."
- After that, relaunch Google Chrome and recheck the YouTube video.
Reinstall Your Browser
If all else's failed and you're still receiving an error saying "YouTube this video is not available sorry about that," we will uninstall/reinstall your web browser. This is a quick solution if an application is not responding correctly. The catch here is that the saved files on the app will be deleted. Since YouTube is mostly accessed on a web browser, let us teach you how to uninstall/reinstall Google Chrome.
- Next to your "Start" menu button, type "Control Panel" and launch it using the search bar.
- Find and select "Google Chrome" from the list. Next, click the "Uninstall" button to continue.
- Once done, go to this link to reinstall Google Chrome. Download the file and simply follow the installation prompt.
- After installation, launch it and visit YouTube to play the video.