Imagine you're enjoying watching and listening to your favorite music video, and suddenly it freezes. Sounds annoying, right? Well, the thing here is that it can happen to anyone, and it is unavoidable. YouTube also definitely has this problem even though it is famous worldwide. Again, this happens whenever you're watching it on your mobile phone, TV, computer, or others. What if you're watching a video tutorial for your class or work? But worry no more, as we searched here for the best ways to fix if YouTube keeps freezing. Let's explore the causes and, of course, learn the solutions so you can continue watching your favorite video without any hassle.
Restart Your Device
There are instances of YouTube videos freezing because the device is slower since it is turned on for a very long time. This is usually happening for mobile devices. So, rebooting them won't hurt much since it will refresh your device's memory. Restarting will also prevent it from overheating. So once you've already restarted your computer or mobile phone, relaunch YouTube and try to replay the video.
Boost Your Internet Connection
After you checked your device and YouTube videos keep freezing, it's time to review your network. Of course, if you have a slow internet connection, the video will buffer. So, let us check ways to speed up your network using these simple tips.
- Before anything else, quickly restart your modem. You can try unplugging/plugging it if you want.
- Disconnect other devices that are connected to your network.
- Lower the video quality of the YouTube video.
- If all else failed, contact the support team of your network provider for other troubleshooting tips.
- You can connect to a different WiFi network and try to watch the YouTube video then.
Clear Browsing Data
Suppose you're using a web browser to watch YouTube videos. In that case, the browser collects data, cache, and other hidden information and stores it on their memory. In that case, the possibility of the browser getting slower is higher. Keeping cache information is unavoidable, but there is a straightforward way to remove them within a few clicks. Let's learn how to clear the browsing data on Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome, click the "Menu" (3 dots) button located at the browser's top-right corner. Choose "Settings."
- Scroll down on the "Settings" page, then click "Advanced." From here, find "Clear browsing data."
- From the window that will appear, go to its "Basic" tab and make sure to put a check on all options. Click "Clear data" afterward.
- Finally, close then relaunch your browser and try to play the YouTube video again.
For web browsers, you can usually install Add-ons that you can use. These are called browser extension that you can use for ad blocking, downloading videos, VPN, etc. With this, some of them are incompatible on YouTube, resulting in several errors like freezing. Follow the steps below to learn how to remove browser extensions to fix if YouTube videos keep freezing.
- For Chrome, click the "Menu" button or the 3 dots found at the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Choose "More tools" from the menu that will appear, then select "Extensions."
- From here, turn the slider off to disable all the extensions installed on your Chrome browser.
- Restart Chrome and play a YouTube video.
Use a Different Browser
If all else fails, you can try visiting YouTube using a different browser. This is necessary, especially if YouTube videos keep freezing but audio still plays. Meaning, there is no problem with YouTube itself, but with the browser, you're using. Try using more alternatives like Chrome, Safari (Mac), Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.
Extra Tip: Download YouTube Videos
If you're still skeptical that YouTube keeps freezing, we still have a perfect solution for you. Downloading videos will ensure that the file is safe, and you can play it anytime. In that case, we present the best tool to do this, which AceThinker Video Keeper. It is an all-in-one video downloader that can grab YouTube videos with ease. This is possible thanks to its multi-thread function that uses all of your network's bandwidth and speeds up the download process. Furthermore, it can even download all videos included in a YouTube playlist without a hassle. Follow the steps provided to learn how to download YouTube videos with Video Keeper.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install
You can easily acquire the installer of the tool by clicking the "Download" button provided above. Make sure you'll get the right version for your OS. Then, run the downloaded installer and follow the prompt. Once installed, launch it to access the tool.
Step 2 Download YouTube Video
Switch to your web browser and visit the official site of YouTube. Search and play the video that you want to download and make sure to copy its URL. Then, go back to Video Keeper and paste the link into the search bar. Press your enter key to analyze it. Finally, hit the "MP4" button to download the YouTube video.
Step 3 Play the Downloaded YouTube Video
Wait until the YouTube video is successfully downloaded. Once it's done, the video will transfer to the "Downloaded" panel. From here, right-click the YouTube video to show options for playing, opening the downloaded folder, or deleting it.