YouTube is one of the most sought-after streaming sites in the world, featuring millions of videos in a variety of genres. It allows people to acquire information and entertainment, create material, express their abilities, and influence others. In line with that, most Vloggers post their videos to YouTube to get more viewers or subscribers and make money. Another advantage of YouTube is that most videos are available in HD resolution. While users love to use this incredible streaming website, the YouTube fullscreen glitch has been annoying many users. If you're experiencing trouble with YouTube full-screen not functioning, don't panic as we provided some tips for you to fix this problem.
Update Graphics Card Driver
A video card, also known as a "graphics card," is an expansion card that generates a feed of output images to display-device. The majority of video cards are capable of more than just displaying images. Their integrated graphics processor can handle extra processing, alleviating the burden on the computer's core processor—set Windows system as an example. To repair the YouTube fullscreen lag, follow the instructions below to upgrade your PC graphics card driver.
- First, open "Control Panel" and click "Hardware and Sound," then click on the "Device Manager."
- Expand Display adapters in Device Manager, then right-click on the graphics card and select "Update Driver Software."
- It will take you to the official website of the respective manufacturer, where you may download and install the most recent driver and hopefully resolve the YouTube full-screen problem.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Chrome's Hardware Acceleration function allows you to use both your CPU and GPU at the same time. It is advantageous for performance and practical when the functions are fixed as updated are not required in software solutions. Here we will show you more detailed steps on how to fix YouTube full screen not working. It is also administered on fixing YouTube this video is not available.
- Open your Chrome browser and simply put "chrome:/settings/" on the address bar, then hit "Enter."
- After that, hit the "Advanced" button.
- Scroll down and go to the "System" menu, then under "Use hardware acceleration when available," turn the slider off to disable it.
- You may now open YouTube to see if the full-screen issues have been resolved.
Disable Extensions or Add-ons
Some are exclusive to Google and its services (such as Gmail), but the majority of extensions are cross-platform, so that you may try them on any desktop platform (particularly Chromebooks); some versions may also function on mobile Chrome. All of those extensions are available, so there's no harm in giving them a try. But the question is when you should disable an extension? If you start having full-screen problems soon after installing an extension, the extension is likely to be at fault. The problem may be resolved by disabling (rather than deleting) the extension. Below are the steps you can follow to fix the YouTube fullscreen bug.
- Open Google Chrome by double-clicking the Chrome application icon, then click the "three vertical dots" located at the top-right corner, next to the address bar.
- A drop-down menu will appear, then select "More Tools," and it will prompt a pop-out menu, click "Extensions."
- Upon clicking on "Extensions," it will redirect you to the Extension page.
- Lastly, click the blue slider below the extension once the switch turns white; it signifies that the extension has been disabled.
- Close the browser, then relaunch it and try to see if the YouTube full screen is fix.
Update your Web Browser
To help you repair the YouTube fullscreen glitch, you'll need to utilize a reliable and up-to-date web browser. To stop this problem from occurring again, you must upgrade your web browser. Depending on your browser's interface, there are several ways to update it. Because most people use YouTube using a web browser, we'll show you how to update Google Chrome. See the steps below for know-how.
- Open Google Chrome, then hit the "three vertical dot" at the top corner next to the address bar.
- The drop-down menu will appear. After that, choose "Help," and it will show another pop-out menu, then click "About Google Chrome."
- Authorize the update to install if prompted, click "Update Google Chrome" and wait until the update finishes installing. (If the browser is up to date, skip this step and jump to the next one).
- Once the update finishes installing, you can access the "Relaunch" button, hit it, and the browser will restart.
- After that, relaunch Google Chrome and check the YouTube video
Download the YouTube Video using AceThinker Video Keeper
When watching videos on YouTube, the majority of viewers have run into a slew of other frequent YouTube full screen problems. Given that the causes of these issues are numerous and you may not always be able to discover effective solutions, a recommended option for you to watch YouTube videos without ads or interruption is to download them for offline playing. There are many tools you can use to download YouTube videos, but not all are reliable. Thankfully AceThinker Video Keeper gives you the best downloading experience.
This YouTube downloader allows users to download any video from more than 1000 streaming platforms, including the most popular ones such as Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook, and others. In line with that, the software grants users to download YouTube videos in high-resolution suitable for widescreen viewing. Another good thing about this software is that it has more advanced features, such as adding subtitles to YouTube videos that have been downloaded. And AceThinker Video Keeper enables users to download a complete playlist or an entire channel giving the users advantage to save time on downloading. Below are the additional features and the steps you can follow to download YouTube videos.
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/10 | Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- The tool has a unique function called "Detect" that enables users to download long videos without leaving the tool.
- It can extract MP3 audio tracks from any online videos without the need to download the entire video.
- This software also acts as a video converter that allows users to convert downloaded videos and audio to any standard formats, including WMV, MP4, MP3, and more.
- It has a powerful search engine that lets users search and download within the tool.
- The users can also take advantage of its built-in media library, where they can easily organize their files.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Software
To start, select any button shown above to get the software. Once the software is downloaded, launch the file installer and run it to finish all the prompts provided for the installation. Then, launch the tool to access the tool's main interface.
Step 2 Configure the YouTube Downloader
Before proceeding to the downloading process, you can configure the tool. On the top corner of the tool, click on the vertical ellipsis and click "Settings." After that, you can set different commands under the "General" options. Also, you can explore the other options to set up the tool; once you are done configuring the tool, hit "OK" to save the changes.
Step 3 Download the Video
Go to YouTube and search for the video you want to download using your web browser. Then, from the URL bar, copy the URL to the YouTube video you want. Return to Video Keeper and click the "Paste URL" button; the tool will evaluate the link and download the video file automatically.
Step 4 Play the Downloaded Video
After the downloading process has been successfully commenced, go to the "Completed" panel to access the video file. Right-click on the YouTube video, then hit "Play" to utilize the built-in media player of the tool.