YouTube is one of the most visited American video-sharing platforms in this era. From here, you can stream videos from YouTube in high-quality for free. Aside from that, it allows you to comment, subscribe, and like your favorite YouTuber. Social media influencers, vloggers, artists use this platform to showcase their talent. In connection with this, they use it as their primary source of income by constantly uploading videos on YouTube. It also has a mobile version that allows you to download some videos. However, these videos are saved directly to the app, not from the phone's storage. Also, there are some restrictions in saving YouTube clips, depending on the video's copyright content. Fortunately, in this article, we compiled the software from different platforms that enable you to download YouTube free. Dig deeper into this article to have a piece of knowledge for the best free YouTube downloader.
The Reason Why you Need to Download Video
Nowadays, watching videos from the internet is one of the typical pastimes of people. I spend 6 hours per day watching videos on the internet. Let us check some reasons why we need to save videos from the internet.
Unstable Internet Connection: This is one of the primary reasons you need to save videos on your computer. You may experience boredom in streaming online because the video will repeatedly buffer due to an unstable internet connection.
Offline Streaming: Saving videos is necessary if you love to travel with your friends. This allows you to playback the videos anytime and anywhere without hassle. You can share the videos with your friends while you're on the road.
Backup your content: There are times videos from different streaming sites are deleted. Downloading videos from the internet can help you to save your favorite movies and clips permanently.
Best 10 Free YouTube Downloader
1. Video Keeper for Windows and Mac
If you love watching different YouTube videos, AceThinker Video Keeper is your best software to save such videos. Not only on YouTube, but it also lets you download videos from Dailymotion, Facebook, and more. Furthermore, you can also download multiple videos at the same time. Moreover, it even enables you to grab all the videos included in a YouTube playlist within a few clicks. A good thing about it is you only need to get the URL of the YouTube video or playlist to download it using this tool. Check the steps provided below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install Video Keeper
First, you can click the "Download" button above to obtain the app's installer. Next, run the installer and follow the installation set-up to save the software on your desktop. Once the installation process is completed, launch the tool to access its main interface.
Step 2 Download YouTube Video
Using a web browser, go to YouTube, and start searching for any video you wish to download. Make sure to copy the video link from the browser's address bar. After that, go back to Video Keeper to press "Enter." You can choose video quality if you click the "More" button. Then, click the "Download" button to start saving.
Step 3 Play Youtube Video
Once the YouTube video is successfully downloaded, go to the "Downloaded" panel found at the interface's left-hand part. From here, right-click the file and select "Play" to watch it.
- It is capable of extracting audio and save it as MP3.
- Video Keeper has a built-in browser that you can use to watch and download YouTube videos.
- It can download 3 videos at the same time for trial version.
2. Gihosoft TubeGet for Mac
Gihosoft TubeGet is another software that you may use in saving videos from YouTube on Mac devices. The good thing with this software, it has a "One-Click Download" mode that allows you to grab videos in a simple click. With that being said, you only have to configure the format, quality, and output folder. It will apply to the future downloads of the tool. Furthermore, this tool can merge all the videos in one large file. Additionally, this tool can convert downloaded videos so you can play it on different multimedia devices and players.
- It allows you to add subtitles to the video while converting.
- Capable of downloading YouTube playlist and channels.
- It only allows users to download 5 videos per day on its free trial version.
- It has limited support from different video-sharing platforms.
3. Video DownloadHelper the Popular Web Browser Extension
Video DownloadHelper is one of the most popular web browser extensions that work from different platforms, including Mac, Windows, and Linux. This extension saves videos to your local disk that plays on the YouTube webpage. Furthermore, this is capable of downloading HLS streamed videos and DASH videos. This tool also allows you to download and convert videos from formats to almost any format like MPEG, WMV, AVI, and more. Also, every video that is detected on the web page is being collected on the tool's interface.
- You can freely customize the interface of the tool.
- It doesn't allow you to download YouTube playlist and channels.
- There are limited quality selections in downloading videos like 360p, 240p and 144p.
4. Converto Web-Based Program
Video Converto is an open-source web-based program that allows you to save videos from different websites, especially from YouTube. You can download it easily with this online tool since you need to paste the link on the tool's URL bar. Unlike other video downloaders, this tool allows you to rename the file and edit ID3 tags. Aside from that, it also allows users to cut and trim the video to remove unwanted parts of the video clip. However, Converto's webpage is composed of annoying ads.
- It allows you to grab videos from YouTube without installing any software on your computer.
- You can only download multimedia files in MP4 and MP3 formats
- It doesn't allow you to choose from different video quality.
If you're looking for the free YouTube downloader, ClipConverter is one of them. This online tool claims to download YouTube videos and convert them instantly. Aside from Youtube, it can save videos from other sites, including Facebook, Vimeo, and others. Additionally, it claims that it can download Youtube videos for up to 4K if it is available. Furthermore, it supports audio formats, including MP3, AAC, and M4A, if you only want to extract the sound out of the video itself.
- All of its features are available for free and you can use it without any limit.
- It offers a browser extension version to download YouTube videos without leaving the main site.
- It cannot download YouTube videos with strict copyright security.
Airy Youtube video downloader is a program available for both Windows and Mac that can download videos efficiently. Like any tool, you only need to copy the YouTube video URL before downloading the video. The good thing about it is it can download YouTube videos for up to 8K Ultra HD. Also, it lets you share the downloaded videos to other platforms anytime. Furthermore, you can integrate it on your web browser so you can save videos more efficiently.
- Airy can convert the YouTube video to MP3.
- Its main interface is minimal so you can use it without any problem.
- Although it provides a trial version, you need to purchase its license to continue using it.
One of the easiest way to download YouTube video is by using SaveFrom. The reason is that it has a unique way of downloading it. "SS Method" can be performed quickly by adding "ss" before the code "youtube" on the address bar. Here, the link will transfer you to the SaveFrom main page and just hit the "Download" button to grab the YouTube video. It can also download videos from other streaming sites, including Tik Tok, Facebook, and others.
- It can save the YouTube videos in other formats like MP4, MP3, FLV, and more.
- You can also use its browser extension version.
- SaveFrom could not download 1080p videos.
8. YTD Video Downloader
One of the video downloaders for YouTube that is also available for both Windows and Mac is YTD Video Downloader. It is an all-in-one video processor that can also convert YouTube videos quickly. A good thing about the software is it can also grab an entire YouTube playlist without a problem. With this, it can also save several YouTube videos at once. Plus, it supports videos for up to 1080p to get the best viewing experience.
- It supports several formats like WMV, FLV, AVI, and others.
- YTD also provides a built-in media player to preview the file if you want.
- The download speed is not that fast if you did not avail its premium version.
The last online tool that you'll encounter on this list is YTMP3. It is a straightforward solution wherein it can quickly save Youtube videos into MP4 or MP3. Using this, you only need to get the YouTube video URL, choose the format, and finally click the "Convert" button to perform the process. You can also access it using several web browsers like Chrome, Safari, or others. Another good thing about YTMP3 is all of its services are for free, and you don't need to register an account.
- The site is also accessible to mobile phones, iPad, and other devices that have web browsers.
- It downloads and converts the YouTube videos to the highest available quality.
- The supported format is only limited to MP3 and MP4.
10. Freemake Video Downloader
As its name suggests, Freemake Video Downloader is another YouTube downloader for free exclusively available for Windows. It is a powerful YouTube video downloader as it claims it supports grabbing videos from over 10,000 sites. This includes Twitch, Veoh, and others. Moreover, it promises its users they can save YouTube videos for up to 4K video resolution. Furthermore, it also users a multi-thread technology that lets you download videos quickly. That being said, you can also download several YouTube videos at once.
- Freemake also provides a YouTube video converter but you need to install this program separately.
- The tool lets you share the downloaded videos to other platforms like Dropbox.
- You need to avail its premium version to enjoy advanced features like 4K video downloads.