Microsoft PowerPoint helps a lot of people to create visual presentations for multiple purposes. With the help of many graphics available, the presenters would surely catch the attention of their audience. Hence, nowadays, it is a trend to add a YouTube video to a presentation to make it more interactive. Additionally, videos are way better than movable slides and pictures. They are accompanied by sounds, making users understand the topic better. It is also a great alternative since YouTube contains endless numbers of educational or business videos. If you are finding ways to insert YouTube into PowerPoint, continue reading the post below to find the most effective options to do it.
Insert YouTube Video to PowerPoint As An Online Video
The first feasible option to add a YouTube video to a PowerPoint presentation is to insert it directly using its default way. Since the PowerPoint version 2010, Microsoft added a button that instantly allows users to add a YouTube video into the presentation slide. However, one major drawback of using this option is that it will not work if it is not connected to an internet connection. This feature is only available to PowerPoint version 2010 and above, and users have no option to edit the video. Check the steps given below to know more about this reliable method.
- First, go to YouTube to browse and select the video you want to insert to the presentation. Next, copy the URL of the Video.
- After that, launch your Microsoft Powerpoint to access its main interface. From here, go to the "Insert" tab to select "Video." Next, select "Online Video" and a new window will appear.
- From that window, paste the URL of the YouTube video to the search box. Click the "Search" icon, and a list of videos available to insert will appear.
- Select the particular video you want to upload and finally, click the "Insert" button to put the YouTube video to the presentation.
Use the Embed Code to Add YouTube Video into PowerPoint
A more reliable option to put YouTube video to a PowerPoint presentation is to use the Embed code of the YouTube video itself. The reason why this is better than the first one because advanced users could make some configurations to the YouTube video before they transfer it to the presentation. Aside from YouTube, this embed option could also insert a different video from another website. However, this method also needs a reliable internet connection. It will take a little more time to enter the video, unlike the first one. If you are more interested in using this, follow the guide provided below to learn it.
- Using a web browser, access YouTube to search for the specific video you want to upload. Then, click the "Share" button to open a new window.
- From the new window, click the "Embed" button to generate the code. Next, hit "Copy" to get the code.
- Next, launch PowerPoint then access its "Insert" tab. From here, click the "Video" option then select "Online Video".
- Another window will appear then, now, paste the Embed code to the "From a Video Embed Code" option. Click the "Arrow" icon to insert the video to the slide.
Download YouTube Video And Add It As A Local Video
Of course, before you can insert a YouTube video on PowerPoint, you need to download it first. On that part, use the AceThinker Video Keeper to download YouTube videos easily. This tool can also download videos from sites like Vevo, Dailymotion, Facebook, and many more. Besides, this tool can download multiple videos simultaneously, thanks to its “Batch Download” feature. With that, we will show you the detailed steps to learn more about how to use this awesome software.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Software
First, click any of the "Download" buttons above to get a copy of the software to your device. Next, run and follow the installation process and launch it to access its main interface of Video Keeper. Launch the tool to get familiarized with its interface.
Step 2 Download YouTube Video
Next, go to YouTube and look for the video that you want to insert on PowerPoint. Then, copy its link, and paste it on the search bar of Video Keeper to start analyzing it. Once done, click the “More” drop-down button, and choose your preferred quality. Then, click the “Download” button to start downloading.
Step 3 Insert the Downloaded Video to PowerPoint
Once done, go to the "Downloaded" section, right-click on the video and select "Open File Location" to open its download folder. After that, launch your Powerpoint, then go to the "Insert" tab. Then, hit the "Video" icon and then select "Video on My PC" to insert the downloaded YouTube video.
And those are the reliable options to embed a YouTube video into a PowerPoint presentation. All of those solutions mentioned above can finish the task without a sweat. However, it is still recommended to download the YouTube video first using AceThinker Video Keeper. Not only it can download and convert the video quickly, but it is also beneficial in case an internet connection is not available. If you have any more suggestions, feel free to drop your comments below. Thank you!