Wistia is one of the emerging video streaming platforms for people to watch videos for entertainment, learning, business, and other purposes. Based on its tagline – Video Software for the video-loving business. Wistia provides various options for businesses to generate, manage, host, and share videos. Besides that, Wistia helps companies track performance, advertise, and even engage with their customers online by producing or hosting videos. However, since the website is not as popular as YouTube or Vimeo, it is quite challenging to download Wistia video. Luckily, we search on the internet and have explored several ways to download a video from Wistia. Check these Wistia video downloaders and easily save online videos from Wistia.
Best Way to Download Video from Wistia
AceThinker Video Keeper is an excellent tool that you can use to download Wistia videos easily. This tool can also get videos from other popular video-sharing sites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more. Another good thing about this tool is it can do batch downloading, making it easier to download multiple videos at once. Besides, if you want to save Wistia video in an audio file, this tool gives you the option of choosing MP3 as its format when you download it. To know how to use this tool, follow the steps written below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Software
First, click one of the "Download" buttons above to get the installer of Video Keeper. After that, run the installer and follow the installation steps until it is finished. Once done, launch the software into your computer to explore its interface.
Step 2 Get the Wistia video URL
After that, visit the Wistia website and choose the video you wish to download. Then, stream it, and right-click the video, then select "Copy link and thumbnail." Next, go to your notepad, paste the code, and copy the URL after "wvideo=" then add the code after this - https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/.
Step 3 Start downloading Wistia
Next, paste the link of Wistia on the search bar of Video Keeper, and click the “+” button to analyze the video. After that, click the “More” drop-down button and choose your preferred format and quality. Finally, click the “Download” button to start downloading the video.
Step 4 Check the downloaded Wistia Video
Once done, go to the “Downloaded” section and look for the Wistia video you downloaded. Then, right-click on the video and select “Play Video” to preview it. You may also select the “Open File Location” to go to its download folder.
How to Download Wistia Videos Online for Free
Clipconverter.cc is the recommended free Wistia online downloader. It doesn't need any registration nor installation process required. Regarding this, Clipconverter is accessible to almost any device available. Although the tool's primary function is to convert YouTube videos, it also can grab videos from various websites, including Wistia. Besides that, users can choose the best quality (HD, 720, 4k, and more) for videos they wish to download.
Additionally, Clipconverter provides an option to extract the music of a video if you only need the clip's audio. Moreover, it also supports multiple formats available for various devices like mobile phones and computers. Here are the steps on how to download any Wistia video URL using Clipconverter.
Wistia Video Download with Clipconverter:
- First, go to the official website of Clipconverter.cc by clicking the link from the description above.
- Next, access the official website of Wistia to select any video you want to download.
- Once selected, try to play the video then pause it afterward. From here, right-click the video and select "Copy link and thumbnail."
- Open your local notepad then paste it. Take a closer look at the link since you will only need the code after "wvideo=." Get that specific code then add it after this link - https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/.
- Copy the complete link that you get, then go back to the interface of Clipconverter to paste it into its URL box. Hit "Enter" to select the quality of the video.
- Once set-up click "Start" to begin converting and downloading the video.
How to Save Wistia Video via Browser Extension
The last tool is Video DownloadHelper, a perfect Wistia video downloader for Chrome and Firebox web browsers. Video DownloadHelper claims that it is a complete web videos downloader that can quickly grab clips from various streaming websites. This extension's primary function is to save videos playing on the web page into your local storage so users can watch them offline. Additionally, it also supports downloading image galleries effectively. Lastly, Video DownloadHelper can remove or hide the ads from the downloaded videos. See below on how to download Wistia video using the Video DownloadHelper extension.
Wistia Video Download within Chrome/Firefox:
- Click the link available from the description above to add the Video DownloadHelper. Next, click the “Add to Chrome” button to set this browser video downloader.
- Go to the official website of Wistia to select any video you want to download. Click on the video then try to play it for checking.
- After that, click the Video DownloadHelper beside the address bar to access the download option. Then, click the “Download” button to save the Wistia videos into your local storage.
Download Wistia Video Without any Tools
If you are lazy to use software or download any program on your computer, consider yourself lucky since there is a way to do it without any tools. However, this method is kind of complicated, and I will not personally recommend this for beginners. But if you're knowledgeable enough, you can try this way. Let us check the steps below.
- Using your browser, visit Wistia, and play the video. Right-click on it then selects “Copy...”
- Open your Notepad or any text editor of your choice to paste the code and look for the video ID code which is after the wvideo=
- Next, copy this https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/**?videoFoam=true to your text editor and change the ** into the video ID. Example: https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/0o72nx5nut?videoFoam=true
- Open a new tab and paste the modified link to access the video. Get the source code, then press CTRL+F and type “.bin” to locate the first URL.
- Copy the link and paste it on a new tab, and the video will play as MP4. From here, click the “3 dots” found at the bottom-right corner and hit “Download.” Once done, open the download folder, and you'll find the Wistia video there.
Downloading videos from Wistia is not that simple as it gets. Luckily, we have found ways on how to save these videos into your local storage quickly. With all of the tools mentioned above, users can now download these videos and watch them offline. This is necessary in case you want to share these business videos to your employees for training purposes. Therefore, it is highly recommended to use the AceThinker Video Keeper to download Wistia videos. This video downloader provides all of the essential and comprehensive features to download videos without breaking a sweat. You can also try to look into this to discover the best Google Chrome video downloader.