Graphical Interchange Format or GIF is an animated image extract from lengthy video to file it in a smaller size. Most of the time, these are playback of shorter funny and entertaining videos. Well, let's admit that these GIFs put more life into our posts and comments during our social media. And with that, it's always great to have unique GIFs to make every conversation fun. And Gfycat is an excellent platform that can help you with that. It generates GIFs from video hosting sites, like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitch. This site helps you browse, create, and upload your GIF that you can also share with everyone. And to have a funnier conversation with friends, you should know how to download Gfycat video easily.
How to Download Gfycat Video Easily and Quickly
Other sites supported: YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, Niconico, Naver, Lynda, TED, Bilibili and so on.
Distinctive features: There is no watermark on your output.
AceThinker Video Keeper is a tool that you can use as a Gfycat video downloader. It offers the easiest way to download videos from sites like Gfycat with its advanced ultra-speed downloading progress. Furthermore, it also helps you get your favorite GIFs and save them in MP4 format quickly as it only requires you to get the Gfycat's link. Also, it offers you to download the best quality available for your media up to 1080P. And don't worry if you're using a PC with Windows or Mac OS because this downloader is compatible with both. With that, read further and learn more of this application's features together with its limitations and steps guide.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Launch the tool
To start downloading video from Gfycat, save the tool on your PC by clicking the Download button provided above. Please, after saving, open it, and install it accordingly. Once done, launch it so you can try its unique features before using it.
Step 2 Go to Gfycat site
Next, you have to choose videos from Gfycat. Visit the site and browse from its extensive list. After selecting the video, click and preview it.
Step 3 Copy and paste Gfycat link
Since this tool requires you to get the URL, go to the address bar and copy the link on your chosen video. Next, paste it on the app's interface and click the "+" button. Wait until the downloader finished analyzing the link.
Step 4 Download video from Gfycat
You will know if the video is ready for download once the thumbnail appears. To download it straightforwardly, click "MP4". Meanwhile, if you want to choose the perfect resolutions for you, you can hit "More." After that, click download to start saving it on your PC.
Step 5 Play the downloaded video
From the downloading tab, the downloaded video transfers on the Downloaded tab. By opening this tab, you can see the list of video outputs, including your Gfycat video. To play it, point the cursor on its file name, right-click and select Play Video. Finally, you have successfully saved videos that you can have full access to at any time.
- You can use its own "Search" bar to download GIF from Gfycat by using keywords alone.
- As of now, its output is limited to MP4 and MP3 formats.
Extra Tip to Download GIF from Gfycat
Although downloading videos from Gfycat using the above tool is easier, it's always great to have a list of alternatives that you can use. The other ways below let you download GIF from Gfycat with ease. This set of tips will help you have more choices on how you will save those shorty-yet-funny videos for sharing and offline viewing. Check them out below:
1. Download from Gfycat Directly
Gfycat is a site that gives you millions of GIFs that you can easily grab. Its site provides user-generated GIFs, whereas registered users can upload video and extract it to create GIFs instantly. This tool has an editing tool that lets you pick when the GIF starts and ends on your media file. And interestingly, you can save your favorite Gfycat video here, which is best for offline viewing. There are two ways on how to download GIF from Gfycat directly. Here's how:
- Go to Gfycat and browse on its list of GIF available.
- Select the GIF you want to save on your PC.
- Right-click and select "Save video as…", then the video will be available in WEBM format
- Go to Gfycat and browse on its list of GIFs available.
- Select the GIF you want to save on your PC, and on the right side, click the share button.
- Once the link shows, click the Download button below and copy the link.
- Open a new tab and paste the link on the address bar. Then, on the GIF, right-click and select "Save image as…" and that way, the image is saved as "Animated Gif File."
- It has list of both trending and popular GIFs.
- In order to have a full access on its features you have to create an account first.
- Visit Chrome store and add extension on your browser.
- After installing it, pin it so you can easily see if it detects the site you where to download GIF. It’s highlighted if the video is available for download.
- Now go to Gfycat and select the video you want to save offline.
- Naviagate to the add-on bar and click the Video DownloadHelper icon. Then, click the download button on the GIF you want and wait until it becomes available shortly.
- It works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Sadly, it’s not working on YouTube due to copy-right restriction.
2. Gfycat Download with Browser Extension/Addon
Another tool that can help you download video from Gfycat is Browser Extension/Addon. Although you can find a lot online, one of the easy-to-use tools is Video DownloadHelper from the Chrome store. This app automatically detects a video-hosting site which gives you the option of whether you want to download the video or not. Interestingly, it also helps you manage your downloaded video by renaming them.