Brightcove is a video hosting website dedicated to promote Brightcove content. It is the leading global cloud content services provider that supports a family of products used to publish and distribute the world's professional digital media. Also, it lets you publish your own videos via the web or email. However, it's a bit complicated to download Brightcove video because it is not as famous as YouTube or Vimeo and host embedded videos. With that case, you will need to use some of the best video downloaders to grab Brightcove videos with ease. Luckily, we provided some of the useful tools that you can use. Check them out below.
How to Get Brightcove Video URL
As we all know, not all video sites have a download button to grab videos on them; some of them need to copy their URL to do so. So with that, we will show you some tips on how to extract the Brightcove video URL. Let's get started.
1. If there's a share button
- First is to open a Brightcove video on your computer that you want to download.
- Next, hit the "Share" button located at the lower right corner of the video to get the embed code.
- From here, copy the URL code that has an "iframe" on it. After that, add "http" at the beginning of the code to get the complete Brightcove video URL.
2. If there is no share button
- Right-click on the Brightcove video then select "Player Information".
- Next, copy the Account ID, Player ID, and Video ID to the text editor.
- After that, paste the ID information to the formula or deconstructed template.
- Lastly, you will acquire the entire URL of the Brightcove video as the image mentioned above.
Best Tool to Download Brightcove Video on Windows and Mac
Let us already talk about the best Brightcove video downloader, AceThinker Video Keeper. It lets you use it to grab Brightcove videos easily using its excellent downloader function. This is because of its multi-thread technology that lets you save videos up to 3x faster. It also enables you to download the file into MP3 and MP4. Besides, this tool has its built-in web browser wherein you can directly play a Brightcove video from the tool. To fully understand how this video downloader works, follow the steps to download the video from Brightcove written below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the Brightcove Downloader
First and foremost, click the "Download" button above to install the tool. Next, follow the simple installation guide to install the tool on your PC completely. Once done, launch it on your computer to view its main interface.
Step 2 Download Brightcove Video
Next, open a web browser, then visit the official site of Brightcove. Then, search for a video to download and copy the link by clicking on the share button. After that, go back to the Video Keeper and paste the link into the search bar. Press your enter key to analyze the video link. Finally, hit the "MP4" button to start to download embedded video from Brightcove.
Step 3 Play the Brightcove Video
Wait for a few minutes and let Video Keeper download the Brightcove video. Once finished, the video file will automatically be transferred to the "Downloaded" panel. Right-click the video file's file name, then hit the "Play Video" to watch the downloaded Brightcove video. Selecting "Open File Location" will open the output folder.
Download Brightcove Video Online with BitDownloader
Here, we'll show you one of the best online tools to download Brightcove videos named Bitdownloader. Aside from Brightcove, it enables you to download multiple YouTube videos by getting the URL of the Brightcove videos that you wish to download for up to 100% quality. Aside from that, you can also grab videos from several sites, including YouTube, Vimeo, and more. Since this is free to use, you don't need to download extra software to register for an account. Let's get started on how to use it.
- To start, visit the site of the tool on your web browser to access its main interface.
- Next, go to the Brightcove site and select a video that you wish to download. From here, you can copy the link of the video by clicking on the share icon.
- Once copied, go back to the tool, then paste the link to its URL bar and hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
- Finally, wait for a few seconds until it fetches the Brightcove video for you. Once done, choose your preferred video quality such as MP4 format, and click the "Download" button to start saving it on your computer.
How to Save Brightcove Video with Firefox/Chrome Extension
In case you don't want to download any software to grab videos, it is better to use Firefox/Chrome extension. So, we will recommend you to use the Video DownloadHelper. This extension has a complete function to extract video files and download Brightcove video chrome with ease. Aside from that, it consists of video formats to choose from like MP4. Here are the simple guides on how to utilize this tool.
- Open a browser, then visit the official site of the tool, hit the "Add to Chrome" button located at the upper right corner of the interface to save it on your browser.
- Next, play a Brightcove video, then hit the Video DownloadHelper icon beside the address bar and let the tool analyze the video.
- After that, hit the "Download" icon to download your video and choose your desired folder to save it on your computer.
Tips: If you're interested in downloading videos within web browsers, you can find more alternatives to Video DownloadHelper for online video downloading.
Conclusion and Comparison Chart of Brightcove Downloaders
To sum it up, these are some of the perfect tools to download Brightcove videos in just a simple step. You can use all of them and choose which one is the best. Likewise, we recommend you to use the Acethinker Video Keeper because this tool has its perfect downloading functions to use. Additionally, we provided a comparison chart of the tools mentioned above. See them below.
|Function||Video Keeper||BitDownloader||Video DownloadHelper|
|Numbers of supported video sites||1,000+||1,000+||15+|
|Supported Platforms||Mac and Windows||Mac and Windows||Mac and Windows|
|Supported Formats||MP4, AVI, MKV and more||MP4, MKV, AVI, FLAC, MOV||MP4|