Google Chromebook is one of the popular categories of laptops that work mostly like Windows and Mac PC. Unlike them, Chromebook uses Chrome OS as its operating system; designed by Google. With the increase in consumption of content, creating the content has also been escalated. If you are a content creator, you must be looking for a video editor for Chromebook which can make your videos stand out from the crowd. Well, this article is all about it; you will find the best video eidtong for Chromebook as we will list down some of the amazing video editing software with their key features which will be helpful in picking out the one that matches your requirements.
10 Best Video Editing Software for Chromebook
Now that you know how to make the videos. The real question here is how to edit videos on Chromebook and for that, we firstly will need to find a free video editor for Chromebook which we will discuss. Hence, we have listed down the best options for video editing apps for Chromebook with their features so you can choose the best video editor Chromebook for editing your videos.
WeVideo comes under the category of free video editing apps for Chromebook and is specifically designed with basic and beginner-friendly editing tools which gets your job done. To give videos a professional look, it has effects and transitions you can use. You can even customize the text and add voiceovers. The free version will give watermarks on the videos.
- It has a simple and intuitive interface
- Files could be uploaded from Dropbox, OneDrive, Picasa, etc.
- No restriction on file size
- It has a cloud storage, motion tiles, Jumpstart, screen casting like features
- Allows the uploaded files to be accessed and reused
OpenShot is the best free editing software for Chromebook which is also used by Linux users. It has great features to edit your videos like a professional. You can trim, cut, rotate, add motion icons and much more with this one tool. Using professional scrolling you can add credits and transitions to your videos.
- Cross platform editor with a clean interface
- Supports various audio and video codecs including: WebM, HEVC, ACC, etc.
- Various features to give videos a professional look
- Drag and drop feature for ease
- Multiple tracks and layers and powerful animation tools
When you look for the best editing apps for Chromebook, Magisto should be considered. It is an excellent tool for beginners who need a simple editing for videos. You can even create the videos from pictures and clips and with AI technology give that video a professional look. It is a fast-paced editor where you just pick the theme for the video and leave the rest to Magisto.
- Easy to use; beginner friendly
- Allows to share video directly to social media
- Uploading process isn’t interrupted by connectivity issues
- Add audio tracks from available options or use your own
- Professional edits and logo options available
PowerDirector is free video editing software for Chromebook and has Android compatibility which makes it the best option for editing videos. With the timeline editor, you can add effects and also make slow-motion sequences. It supports green and blue screen editing and you can also add music and voice-over to your videos. To gain access to all features you may have to make some in-app purchases.
- Video editing tools including fading and transparencies
- Advanced features for creative videos
- Music and audio designs, also add voice over
- Power tools for camera
VivaVideo is the best video editor for Chromebook but it is only available on Google Play Store as Chromebook supports Android apps. Although it is a beginner-friendly tool, professionals can also use it with the features it possesses. A number of video editing features it possesses may include: trimming, splitting, resizing, and much more.
- Free tool which is easy to use
- Beginner friendly tool with many great features
- You can add sound effects, stickers and Gifs, etc.
- Transitions, merge, split and add text to videos
Next best video editing software for Chromebook that made it to our list is JayCut. It is quite similar to Final Cut, iMovie, Sony Vegas etc in a nonlinear video editors’ category. It is completely free with a number of features that are absent in other video editors. Features like, brightness, saturation, and adding text are also present. You can also change the speed of the clips. A number of transitions and effects give the videos a professional look.
- Intuitive and clean UI; best for Chroma OS
- Numerous transitions and effects available
- Drawing tool feature to directly draw on videos
- Chroma key function allowing the green screen editing
- Limited transitions are also there
7. YouTube Video Studio
This is an online video editor Chromebook and comes with YouTube itself. YouTube Video Studio has a variety of features that it offers but is often overshadowed with innumerable editors on the internet which have more advanced features. It is best for basic video editing directly through a YouTube page. You can add effects, transitions, trim and resize the videos. You would need a google account to access this video editor.
- Very basic features with clean interface
- Beginner friendly tool for real time video editing
- No installations or extensions required
- Best for trimming and cutting videos
- Drag and drop feature and direct uploading feature
8. Hippo Video Editor
The next video editing software for Chromebook on our list is Hippo Video Editor. It is an online tool that is available on the Chrome web store. Hippo Video is a beneficial tool and is used not only for editing videos but also for Video marketing. Although it is free and offers all the basic tools one requires for editing if you want exclusive and advanced features you can also upgrade to a paid premium version.
- Trims, cuts, crops and also add text to any part of your video
- Add sound and music from unlimited available tracks
- Record videos from web in a single click
- Exports videos to Google drive, Vimeo, and YouTube
- Imports videos from mobile and desktop
It is among the best video editing apps for Chromebooks. With the simple interface, it has all the amazing features a video editor should possess. It is accessible on all platforms. Kapwing could be used to add text, combine, trim and even resize your videos. You can edit the videos either by uploading them from a PC or even by pasting the URL of an online video.
- Simple and easy to use because of clean UI
- Useful for creating short videos for posting on social media
- You can have access to all the tools
- Adjust the videos without watermark
- Customize the aspect ratio for your video
- Convert your videos into mp3, mp4, and Gifs
10. Kine Master
Last but not the least is Kine Master which is in fact a very popular tool for video editor Chromebook to be shared on social media platforms like Instagram or TikTok. It comes under free video editing apps for Chromebook as it supports the android apps. Although, with all the amazing features it possesses, it leaves a watermark on the videos. You can upgrade to the pro version to get rid of it and also get access to the Kinemaster Asset store.
- Video editing is done frame by frame
- Advanced features like 3D transitions and multi-layer videos
- Impressive effects and filters available
- Incredible audio, sound effects and music
- Allows color correction of videos through saturation, hue, and brightness controls
How to Make Videos on Chromebook?
Making videos on Chromebook is a recently added feature. Before we jump on to know about the best editing software and tools, you will get to learn how you can make videos on Chromebook by following these simple steps:
- As a first step, you will go to the app launcher which is at the bottom of the desktop.
- In there, search for a camera application and begin.
- You will have to click on the video mode to shoot a video.
- Now, click on the red colored recording button to begin and end the recording of video.
- You will find the recorded video in the image gallery of the PC.
Well, now you definitely know about the best free video editing apps for Chromebook. You can pick any of the editors according to your requirements or your skillset for editing Chromebook videos. Although each of the tools we listed may have a clean interface if you’re a beginner try using the tools that are hassle-free and give you quick results.