Windows 10 is a significant release of the Windows operating system which Microsoft develops. It is the successor of Windows 8 that provides better workflow performance and process compared to the older version. As of October 5, 2021, this operating system has reached over 79.79% percent of usage share. With this data, we can assume that most PCs at home are Windows 10 operated computers. These computers are widely used for different utilities. With the development of different video-streaming platforms, most operating systems enable users to install and run different video editing software. These tools provide a variety of editing functions; one of the notable features is video trimming. This process is an essential function that enables users to remove unwanted parts or scenes from their project video. Although numerous video editors offer better trimming functions, some of these usually malfunction on Windows 10. Therefore, this article curated the best software to trim a video Windows 10. We also included tips and guidelines to perform their functionalities.
Best Way to Trim Video in Windows 10
Distinctive Feature: It uses a timeline panel editing function to split and trim video clips with lossless quality output quickly.
Supported Formats: It supports all popular formats such as MPEG, MP4, WMV, MOV, and many more.
AceThinker Video Editor is a multifunctional video editing utility used as video cutter software for Windows 10. It provides a comprehensive way to split and trim videos. It can cut a long video into several smaller segments. You can also keep the piece you have split and combine them into a cinematic output. In addition, with its trim and cut function, you can delete unwanted parts of your project video and acquire only the section you need. More so, there are various inbuilt transition effects that you can insert into your project video. Lastly, the tool is intuitive and comprehensive to utilize; it offers a tutorial on each function. Just hit the Tutorial button located at the upper part of the software.
Step 1 Install the Windows 10 Trimmer
The initial task that we need to perform is to acquire the video trimming software Windows 10. Tick the download button beneath this step to get its installer. Run and process the installer on your PC. Then pass through its installation wizard and prompts to install it fully. Afterward, launch the tool and navigate its functionalities to have a better understanding of its workflow.
Try it for Free
Step 2 Trim Video Windows 10
Then, import your media files on its interface. Tick the Import button to make way on your device folders. Select your video and hit Open to add it successfully. After that, drag-and-drop the video file on the timeline editing panel. Move around the playhead to precisely locate the frame that you want to trim or split. Next, click the Scissor icon to split the video file into two segments. You can delete the other segment to keep the necessary part you want.
Step 3 Export and Play
Lastly, tick the export button to save the changes applied to the video. Then, locate the output file in its designated location. Double-click the file to preview and play the output video. To trim the video again, follow the steps above.
Another Ways to Trim Video in Windows 10
1. Photos App
Distinctive Feature: It is a built-in media editor for Windows devices.
Supported Formats: It supports various formats such as MP4, WMV, and many more.
Photos App is an essential utility in Microsoft operating system that can be used as a free video trimmer Windows 10. It is a media player and can also edit videos and images to enhance the output appearance further. With a simple function, you can trim your output video with its circular button to select the segment you want to cut out. It can also trim video into multiple clips. Furthermore, with its essential editing functions like adding filters, users can beautify the project video. Moreover, it can also edit and trim videos that are stored in cloud-based platforms like OneDrive. Beneath this introduction is the listed guide on how to trim videos with this Windows 10 utility.
- First, launch the tool on your device by clicking the Start button and typing the “Photos App.” The tool will launch within a few seconds.
- Next, add your video file to its service by ticking the Import button located at the upper part of the tool. Once done, click the Edit & Create button to access the trim function.
- Afterward, drag the left or right endpoint of the circular button along with the progress bar. Select the segment you want to cut out and hit the Save a copy button. The system will automatically save the segment you have selected.
- Lastly, locate the video on its designated folder and play it.
2. AceThinker Free Online Video Trimmer
Distinctive Feature: It uses a slider to trim and cut the project videos.
Supported Formats: It supports various formats such as MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, WebM, 3GP, and many others.
AceThinker Free Online Video Trimmer is a prominent web-based video utility that provides lossless trimming output. It provides exact trimmed videos and removes unwanted parts. Also, it has a built-in media player to aid users in having a better trimming process. This media player allows users to have a real-time overview of the project video. Furthermore, with a steady connection, users can have a result as fast as the speed of the light due to its advanced API that provides a quick trimming process. Moreover, its interface is comprehensive to utilize; it has a tool introduction and walkthroughs beneath its features. This guide will aid users in having a better understanding of the tool processes. Here are the listed steps to perform its functionalities. See them below.
- First, access the AceThinker Free Online Video Trimmer on your desired web browser. Then, hit the Add icon to import the media files that you want to trim.
- Next, once the video has been imported, utilize its slider to locate the exact location of your desired footage. Afterward, hit the Start processing to instigate the trimming process.
- Then, the tool will let you know once the video has been trimmed. After that, select the download button to store the trimmed video clips.
- Finally, locate the output video on your designated folder. Play and preview it.
Distinctive Feature: It uses a frame indicator to precisely cut the duration of your desired footage.
Supported Formats: It works with all the popular formats such as WMV, AVI, MP4, VOB, MPG, MOV, and many others.
Clideo is an online-based video editing tool that provides a faster trimming process with ist advanced API. It provides two ways to acquire your desired segment with this tool. These methods extract selected segments or delete the selected frames. The extract selected will enable you to have a copy of the selected frame. On the other hand, the delete selected will allow you to delete the frames that you highlighted and retain the rest of the video footage. Moreover, it is designed with user-friendly functions; no advertisements or confusing buttons can be seen on its interface. See below the listed steps on how to utilize this online video cutter software for Windows 10.
- The initial step is to access the tool on your web browser. Then, drag and drop the file that you want to be trimmed on its interface.
- Next, a new whole interface will appear that provides you with the trimming features. Select the segments that you want to cut out.
- Lastly, hit the export button to save the output video. Go to your file output location to play and preview the video. This tool can also be used as a YouTube trimmer online.
Distinctive Feature: It can cut and trim videos while retaining the original quality of the video.
Supported Formats: It supports all the popular formats such as AVI, MP4, MKV, WebM, and many others.
Bandicut is the last video trimming software Windows 10 that we will scrutinize. This tool is a superfast video-cutting and joining utility that allows users to trim video into different parts. It can also enable users to trim video into multiple segments into multiple equal files. What is more, if you want to join multiple trim clips into a single cinematic output, this tool will also let you. Furthermore, it uses hardware accelerated H.264 video encoders that provide a high-speed joining and cutting process. Look underneath to see the listed steps we have curated for you to trim in Windows 10 using this tool.
- The initial step is to install Bandicut on your device. And launch its interface to access its functionalities.
- Then, import media files by dragging them on its media panel. Next, set the beginning and the endpoint of your desired footage and Hit the Start button.
- A new window will launch, and it will provide you with a list of parameters such as video format and more. Then, hit the Start button once more to save the trimmed video.
Conclusion and Comparison Chart
|Software||Basic Editing Functions||Advanced Editing Features||Limitations and Concerns|
|AceThinker Video Editor||It can split, trim, join, add effects, apply transitions, and more in the project video.||It has Chroma Keying, color correction, and more.||It is not available on mobile devices.|
|Photos App||It can add filters, shapes, text, and others.||It can add 3D animations and stickers.||Exporting a trimmed video can sometimes distort the synchronization of audio and video codecs.|
|AceThinker Free Online Video Trimmer||Trim videos||None||Nothing was observed.||Clideo||Trim video, convert to different formats||None||It has a slower import process for an online tool.||Bandicut||Trimm, split, and join clips.||None||It adds a watermark to the output video.|