Video editing software is a great way to showcase your products from every angle. It can create professional promos on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and any other place you share brand videos. You can stand out by using a variety of free video editing software for windows. Video is revolutionizing communication and expression. People are recording vlogs to share with family and friends, share their experiences on YouTube, and help boost their business online. Product videos can be more engaging than photos alone, decreasing customers' hesitations in purchasing. According to Small Business Trends online publication, e-commerce product videos can increase conversion rates. Let's look into some of the best free video editing software for Windows.
Top 10 Best Free Video Editing Software for Windows in 2021
1. Movie Maker 10
It is a free video editor for pc and convenient video editing software for Windows for people looking to go back to basics. This software is great for quickly editing short video clips that you need to be ready immediately. Movie Maker runs in your web browser, unlike other editors on this list. Movie Maker Online can be used on any computer to edit video, and you can go back to where you were at any point. The software is the best laptop video editor because it doesn't require any RAM or run on a specific operating system. Movie Maker 10 includes a free trial that includes all of its video and photo editing tools and the ability to add captions using customizable fonts or colors.
- Auto-preview tool to view edits and effects.
- You can create customized cuts from your video clips with auto-movie options.
- The tools animation tab allows you to add music, titles and credits easily.
- It also allows royalty-free content.
Lightworks is a free video editor for pc that professionals can use. Lightworks has been around for many years. You might be surprised to know that its professional edition was used to edit many well-renowned movies such as Pulp Fiction, 28 Days Later, and Congo. It's a great option if you are willing to work hard to learn the software. Lightworks includes a friendly and straightforward interface, so it's easy to pick up. Lightworks offers a collection of original stock videos and music clips that can be used in any video you create on the program. This allows you to give your marketing videos a professional look.
- Team project sharing in real-time with complete control over who has editing access.
- Quick export to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook for easy sharing.
- Support for many video formats.
- Video trimming with high precision.
- Export to 720p.
- Speed optimization allows you to continue editing while importing new content.
- Multicam editing allows you to sync clips from multiple cameras.
Shotcut is a significant next step for editors who have used Movie Maker as their base editing software. Open source means that you can access all the features of Shotcut and customize your interface. Shotcut has advanced filters and effects that will allow you to create high-quality videos for free. Shotcut offers a wide range of audio editing options that are ideal for audiophiles. You can adjust the bass and treble, add dynamic compression and create bandpass filters with Shotcut's many audio editing tools. It supports a variety of formats, including FFmpeg and 4K ProRes, as well as DNxHD. However, some users may find Shotcut's interface confusing. It was originally developed for Linux. It's still a great editor.
- Audio and video editing tools including Advanced audio filters such as balance, bass, treble, bandpass filters, and compressor.
- The native timeline editing feature will enable you to directly import video files into the project file instead of a media library.
- Multi-format timeline to allow you to mix and match resolutions and frame rates within your project with Timeline editing.
- 4K HD resolution.
VideoPad is the best video editing app for pc and beginners who want to experiment with video editing tools. You will find a range of pre-made sound effects and transitions, as well as advanced features like camera shake reduction tools. It is easy to use and provides all the necessary tools to create simple, clean videos without any technical knowledge. Edit your videos with overlays, text, transition, color adjustment, sound effects, and special effects. It may not be suitable for advanced video editors. Although VideoPad doesn't come with as advanced features as some of the other video editing software on this list, it has enough options to add light effects and fine-tune colors to make it worthwhile.
- You can quickly export your video to YouTube, Facebook or Google Drive, and other mobile devices.
- For polished professionalism, pre-made, customizable transitions.
- Export presets allow you to quickly create optimized video files for specific platforms, such as YouTube and Facebook. Then upload them from within the software.
- Social media publishing and sharing tools for instantly sharing videos online.
- You can customize your videos with a large selection of video effects and transitions.
5. Hitfilm Express
Hitfilm Express is yet another option for a free video editor without a watermark for PC. It provides all the essential features editing professionals need free of charge. You can add more features for $9 per feature. The tool may feel a little advanced at first, but it's used to produce Hollywood-style films. Although Hitfilm asks you to share a status update on social media when you download the software, it's a small cost to pay. Hitfilm features many animation tools for creating and editing audio or video transitions without creating composite shots. This is a great time-saver when editing.
- Unlimited audio and video timeline-track creation.
- 180+ Editing effects.
- A trimmer that can be used to re-trim clips after they have been added to the timeline.
- Ability to take a group of attributes and copy them from one clip, then apply them to another or a project in general.
- Audio mixer to fine-tune the sound for professional-quality Output.
- There are many transition options available, including zoom, push and dissolve.
- Extensive range of import formats.
- Video support in 2D and 3D.
VSDC's simple-to-use platform is perfect for beginners who want to create professional presentations. It is a free video editing app for pc. The program has advanced editing capabilities, including color blending and mask effects not available in a basic program. Although VSDC is better suited for creating presentations, casual video editors will still find enough features to create fun videos with it. Suppose you have the money to spring for the full version. In that case, the suite of tools expands to include robust post-production effects, slideshow/presentation capabilities, video stabilization, 3D diagram templates, and direct social media publishing.
- An all-inclusive suite of transitional effects.
- Simple-to-use, like what you would find on Instagram, image filters.
- Mask tools are used to hide, blur, or highlight specific elements.
- Social media link to share videos on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Ready-made filters.
- Customizable masking options.
- Built-in DVD Burner.
OpenShot allows you to add unlimited video tracks to the timeline. You can add multiple audio and video clips. This program also offers tile templates and video effects. Waveforms can be used to visualize audio when editing audio. You can use it in more than 70 languages. The free video editor is regularly updated so that you have the most current video editing technology. You will need to fix any bugs or issues yourself as this editor is open source. The video effects are also limited.
- Unlimited layers for watermarks and background videos as well as audio tracks.
- Customized Templates for title cards.
- Drag-and-drop functionality allows you to add video, audio, or image files quickly.
- It comes with many digital video effects, including brightness, gamma and hue, greyscale, and chroma-key compositing to create green-screen effects.
- For creating animated videos, use powerful key-frame animation capabilities.
Blender is a free, open-source 3D content creator that supports all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License. The tool can also handle more complicated edits like video masking. This makes Blender an excellent video editor for beginners and experts and an excellent option for advanced projects involving 3D.
- It traces Path for realistic rendering of animated objects.
- It also has some advanced rendering processes to speed up the saving and exporting of your project.
- It has the option to code games into the software for video game development.
- You can also use advanced character animation tools for realistic kinematics.
- It has an extensive library of visual effects and vignettes.
9. AceThinker Video Editor
AceThinker Video Editor is a notable video processing program that is well-suited on Windows devices. Whether you want to create how-to tutorials, video demos, family movies , game play videos; this tool is perfect to use with its comprehensive navigation. It is equipped with basic editing functions like trim and cut, rotate and crop, color correction , split and combine, and others. Moreover, it is designed with advanced editing functions like adding filters, Chroma keying, screen recording, and more that can enhance the project video.
- Stylish effects and royalty-free audio backgrounds.
- It can also control the speed and the duration of every effect.
- It is designed with a clean interface with inbuilt media player to preview the project video.
Kdenlive, an open-source video editor software, is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. This video editor is one of its kind, as it combines the ease of entry-level editors with advanced video editing tools that professionals often use.
- Input formats: it supports QuickTime, AVI, WMV, MPEG, etc.
- Output formats: Support MPEG, AVI, MP4, MOV, etc. for Output.
- It also allows you to expand your capabilities with free add-ons.
Tips to Choose the Right Video Editor for Windows
Many excellent video editors are available on the market, but knowing the right video editing software is critical. Here are some of the common factors you should consider while selecting the video editor for your computer.
A user-friendly interface is a great way to save time learning the program and becoming familiar. While some users prefer to use a modern, intuitive, and user-friendly free video editor, others prefer traditional editors.
Make sure that the software you select can export standard formats such as MP4, MOV, and AVI so that you can share your work easily on YouTube and other social media platforms. A reminder: MP4 is the most popular format. It is better to get a free video editor that supports MP4 or at least MP4.
There are many great free video editing apps and online tools available today. However, not all offer the same features or high-quality results. These programs are all free, and you can test them all to see which one suits your needs.