Music is an art of expressing oneself emotions through lyrics accompanied by rhythms, harmonies, melodies, and timbres. As humans continue to adapt to contemporary technologies, so does the evolution of music. Today, we used different file containers, audio sites, and different social platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, etc., to acquire and share audio files. Whether you are a professional DJ, a music freak, and an inspiring musician, storage space will always be an issue when storing multiple tracks. Thus, these free audio compressor tools will come in handy. Read through below to know more about them.
Top 8 Tools to Compress Audio File Online Free
Distinctive Feature: Batch compress of audio files without losing quality.
User-Friendliness: No ads, and it has a single button to utilize its compressing feature.
Online UniConverter is an online audio compressor free for users who want to compress their audio files into smaller file sizes. It reduces audio size without losing the original quality of the file. It supports a vast number of popular audio formats, including MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC, and more. Furthermore, users are allowed to shrink audio tracks files by changing the audio resolution, file format, and output size without any help from desktop software and installation. More so, this online web-based tool is a secure HTTPS connection that automatically removes the import and output audio files on its servers.
- It supports 100+ video and audio formats including MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC, and more.
- It uses a smart output settings feature for quick compression.
- Users can import files from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- It can only compress audio files up to 100MB file size.
Distinctive Feature: It uses the Zero Configuration feature that enables its server to compress audio files into smaller and good quality possible.
User-Friendliness: Though it has ads, these ads are not an issue in compressing functions.
YouCompress is an all-in-one audio-free MP3 compressor that lets users quickly compress audio files online. This tool is a 100% cloud-based platform; thus, no desktop software is needed to utilize its file size reduction feature. Additionally, whether the audio files came from a cell phone recorder or were downloaded from music sites, this tool can compress them freely without losing any dime. Furthermore, it works on any platform with a browser, including Windows, Mac, Lynx, Android, and iOS. More so, it is available in different languages such as Italian, Deutsch, Korean, Japanese, and more.
- The quality is preserved when reducing files.
- The uploaded files are automatically deleted or removed on its servers a few hours after the process.
- It uses an encrypted SSL connection for secure compressing.
- A bit slow to import audio files on its server.
Distinctive Feature: It has a recommendation button for users who want to add an audio format not listed on its server.
User-Friendliness: It has many ads on its interface.
Filezigzag is a free online converter that enables users to convert and compress audio file free without any software installed in your computer. Throughout its existence, it converted and compressed 809,332 files or equivalent to 3,392.6 GB of files. It works on different devices and platforms like Windows, Mac, Smartphones, etc., that have a web browser and an internet connection. Furthermore, it supports a considerable number of popular audio containers. Some of these are MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, FLAC, and more.
- With its updated algorithms, it can compress audio without losing the original quality of the file.
- 100% free from malicious viruses and spyware.
- All uploaded files are deleted on its server 24 hours after the process.
- Too many ads, which affect the overall appearance of the website.
Distinctive Feature: It has the ability to trim the duration of an audio file, thus reducing its file size.
User-Friendliness: All its compressing features are readily available on its interface.
When talking about an audio file compressor free, the following tool will come to mind,
- It is available in web extensions and mobile applications.
- Completely safe.
- It can import audio files from different cloud-based platforms such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Sometimes the tool does not compress audio files smoothly.
Distinctive Feature: It has the ability to shrink audio files into MP2 audio levels.
User-Friendliness: All its compressing features are readily available on its interface, and there’s a list of features below the toolbox.
123 Audio Converter is an online audio compressor free that performs well on compressing audio files. It can instantly intake input from different cloud-based channels such as Google Drive and Dropbox. Users can compress audio files by setting the audio resolution ranging from Economy (64KBPS) to Best (320KBPS) by toggling the marker on the quality tab. Additionally, it supports the most popular audio formats, including MP3, WAV, M4A, and more. Lastly, it is completely safe. Its server will automatically delete the input files a few hours after the compressing process.
- It has a batch conversion and compression of files.
- It can configure the bitrate, frequency, and the number of channels of the audio track.
- It has an audio file metadata editor.
- It takes time to compress audio files.
6. MP3 Smaller
Distinctive Feature: Its main function is to reduce audio file sizes by modifying the bitrate.
User-Friendliness: Users can utilize a single button to compress audio files. The website also listed the basic function of the tool.
MP3 Smaller is proven and tested as a great online audio compressor free-of-cost service that can shrink audio file sizes. It can accept a file size of 150MB. Beyond 150MB is not available for compression. It is intended only for compressing anything to an MP3 audio container, which is a universal format for soundtracks and music. With its simple step, by clicking the button “Upload File,” users can automatically reduce audio file sizes. More so, it is available on different web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and more.
- No registration is needed.
- Uploaded files are automatically removed after a few hours.
- It is available in different languages such as Italian, Spanish, Chinese, and more.
- It only converts MP3 files.
Distinctive Feature: It manually reduces audio file sizes by typing the desired bitrate on the Bitrate Box.
User-Friendliness: Few buttons need to be utilized to compress the audio file.
Garyshood is a tool that compress MP3 files online free from any cost or premium services. It does not require registration or account to access its compression features. It can also compress and convert audio files into different output formats such as WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, and more. Additionally, it allows users to retain the original quality of the audio by leaving the Bitrate Box blank while the conversion process takes place. Moreover, this website is accessible on different web browsers such as Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox.
- 256Kbps is its max bitrate quality.
- Little to no advertisement surfaced on its interface
- It automatically deletes the input file on its server.
- It can only compress 40MB of audio files.
Distinctive Feature: It can compress and convert online videos and download them on your device using its URL search bar.
User-Friendliness: The interface is well-designed and comprehensive, though ads are abundant.
Last on the list is AConvert. This free audio compressor is an easy-to-work converter that is helpful in shrinking down audio files online. Whether the files came from Google Drive, Dropbox, or download music from internet, this tool can easily convert them into any popular audio container. Some of its supported formats are MP3, WAV, OGG, MKA, M4A, and more. Furthermore, it can change the audio bitrate and the sample rate by clicking and choosing on their dropdown button. Moreover, after its lossless conversion and compression, the file input will automatically be eradicated on its server. Thus safety and privacy are secured on this platform.
- It works on different web browsers such as Opera Mini, Chrome, Firefox.
- Free to use, no registration needed.
- It uses a QR code to download compressed files.
- It cannot take any audio exceeding 200MB file size.
|Tool||Other functionality other than audio compressor.||File Size input limit|
|Online UniConverter||Video compressor, video converter.||100MB|
|YouCompress||Image, Document, and Video compressor and converter.||Unlimited|
|Filezigzag||Video Converter||150 MB/ Ten files per day.|
|Online-Convert.com||Document converter, video converter, image converter, webservice converter, etc.||100MB|
|123 Audio Converter||Audio converter||150MB|
|Garyshood||Audio converter, Video converter, and image compressor.||40MB|
|AConvert||Document, ebook, image, icon, video, audio and archive files converter.||200MB|