As we all know, Discord has a strict limitation on the size of videos that can be shared. You can share videos of about 8MB for standard users and 50MB for Nitro users, which is $99.99 for a one-year subscription. It's pretty common to encounter situations where we'd like to share a video over the size limit for the file with friends. Compressing videos for Discord may be challenging if you don't have enough knowledge about the app and different video compressors for Discord. However, there are several tips that you can follow to compress video for Discord. In this post, we've listed the most effective methods to send extensive or lengthy compressed video to Discord, regardless of whether you're using Discord using a computer or a mobile phone.
About Discord File Size Limit
Discord also lets users share files, such as videos. In Discord, you can upload files with up to 8MB. To surpass this limit, you can upload files using paying for the Nitro plan that permits users to upload files of up to 50MB.
How to Compress Large Videos for Discord on Windows/Mac
One of the most popular software for make video smaller for Discord is AceThinker Video Master. Compressing videos is quite a challenging job, but if you're looking to shorten them, then it can be done by AceThinker. The newer version of this software will give you the convenience to compress the videos in many format options, such as 4K, MP4, M4V, and MKV. It has been designed to meet every compressed video file for Discord needs and wants. With this software, you can easily convert for any device. This software is very much powerful and at the same time very convenient to use. Here are some advantages you can experience with AceThinker Video Master.
- You can merge and cut lengthy videos into multiple pieces to cut down the length of the video or cut desired segments.
- The software has made it possible to mix and combine multiple clips into one file.
- You can rotate video to 90 degrees clockwise/counterclockwise or flip video vertically/horizontally.
- The software allows you to cut video to eliminate unwanted areas as well as black bars.
- AceThinker allows you to add effects and filters and adjust basic video effects parameters such as brightness, contrast, saturation, and color and volume.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Access Toolbox Window
Install AceThinker Video Master by clicking the download button above. As soon as it has been installed, launch the software on your computer. The Video Compressor option is accessible within the Toolbox window.
Step 2 Get Your Video
Click the "+" sign button to select a video. Get the video you want to compress to share with your friends. Choose the file's size and resolution, a format name, and the bitrate you want.
Step 3 Compress the Video
After selecting your preferred length and resolution, decide the location you want your file to be saved. Select the compress option. As soon as it has been compressed, you can now play the output video.
Tips to Send Long Videos on Discord with a Mobile Phone
There is a discord video compressor for mobile phones, and the process is not all tedious. Then upload your video to the video hosting site with a bigger limit for file sizes such as YouTube, Google Drive, or Dropbox. You can then share the long or large videos with your friends on Discord by sharing a link created by the services that host videos. For this, we recommend that downloading and installing the appropriate apps for the websites as uploading videos via your phone to a mobile site isn't easy and can be painful.
To demonstrate, we'll use the YouTube application to send an extensive screen recording from my smartphone to a person on Discord.
- Start the YouTube app, and sign in with your YouTube account. Sign up if you haven't been able to do so before. Confirm your account on YouTube in order to upload videos that last more in length than fifteen minutes.
- Click on the Video icon on the upper-right of the interface. Allow access to your photos when asked. Select from your phone which video you wish to share and upload.
- In this case, you can cut out unwanted frames and shorten the length of the video. Then click Upload on the upper-right corner.
- Then, wait for the video to be uploaded. Once it's uploaded, click upon the triple dots button located on the right-hand side of its information bar and then hit share.
- Click the Copy link button. The shareable link for this video will be copied onto your clipboard.
- Launch Discord then, start the chat room with your friend and send them the shareable URL. Voila, your video is sent! The other end is able to see it in your chat window.
The Bottom Line
Once you've read the article, you'll be capable of sending videos via Discord. To quickly compress video for Discord, use the AceThinker video compressor as an excellent alternative for videos bigger than 8MB.