If you are a Mac OS user, you might have encountered storage issues even with a large storage capacity. Above this, if you have high-resolution videos of about HD, 4K, or even 8K on your PC, you might quite efficiently run out of space. In that case, you must look for the best video compressor for Mac to reduce your file size for your videos. Reduced size video files could also easily be uploaded and shared on various platforms. Now, you must be wondering which is the best free video compressor for Mac? Here are the leading video compressors for Mac.
10 Best Video Compressors for Mac (Both Free & Paid)
Listed below are the ten best video compression software for Mac which will have both free and paid options that you can avail of according to their specifications.
1. AceThinker Video Master
AceThinker Video Master is the first compressing software that is not only available for Mac OS but also for Windows PC. With its unique features, it can also convert your videos and compress them into smaller files with customizable format and resolution while retaining the quality of your videos. Not only this, the tool possesses many other editing features that will give your videos a professional and clean look.
- Helps to reduce video size, Mac, compressing according to the Mac parameters.
- Converts videos and audio files in 1000+ formats.
- The perfect tool for editing videos with an amazing video editor.
- 50x faster-converting speed.
- Built-in the video player.
The next video compressor for Mac which is fully equipped for compressing large video files from HD to 4K and even 360 degrees VR videos, is VideoProc. It is a fast and efficient tool to compress your videos and edit them through trimming and cropping to remove the unwanted parts of the video. It also allows you to adjust video parameters, including frame rate and bitrate, etc.
- Easy to use with a clean interface.
- Supports over 1000 online video streaming platforms.
- Drag and drop video feature for faster-compressing rate.
- More than 400 output formats with GPU accelerated editing.
- Screen records your video while retaining original video quality.
3. Any Video Converter
The next software is Any Video Converter, specializing in editing your videos and compressing them to smaller file sizes while the video remains of the best quality. It is very efficient and yet a simple tool for reducing the file size. You can choose particular parameters for your videos. The tool has an excellent free version available where you can avail 160 formats which is quite a lot for an average user.
- Intuitive and easy to operate UI.
- Drag and drop video feature for uploading.
- Supports various video formats including MP4, MPG, WMV, etc.
- Edit and convert your videos 30x faster.
- No intrusive ads or malware.
4. Final Cut Pro X
This is a highly anticipated tool for editing professional videos and compressing them to reduce the video file size, which eases the way to transfer and share the video. It is undoubtedly one of the best video compressors for Mac OS. It has various features present on the clean and sleek interface of the tool for easy access. Final Cut Pro X has many presets and filters that are built-in for editing your videos and helps in compressing them.
- Clean, crisp, and simple interface for fast operations.
- Allows to customize the output and extensive delivery features.
- Encodes video even in 8K resolution up to 28 GPU cores.
- Allows you to view HDR Footage on Mac PC.
- Optical flow processing for visually pleasing video quality.
5. HandBrake Video Editor
To compress video file Mac, Handbrake Video Editor is another tool you can look into because it provides you with several widely used codecs. Not only it works well with Mac, but it is cross-platform and supports Windows and Linux PC. Moreover, this fantastic tool can process Blu-ray and DVD sources. Several different audio and video codecs are supported, including H.264, H.265, Vorbis, MP3, etc. You can compress the video files through presets or change the parameters manually for a video.
- Simple, easy, and fast tool for conversions and compressing videos.
- Restores old or even low-quality videos.
- Converts video to MP4 or MKV.
- Various presets are available for infinite video conversions.
- Option for previewing live videos.
6. AceThinker Free Online Video Compressor
The next is the online video compressing tool from AceThinker, which will help you decrease video size Mac for easy storage and sharing of the previously large files. AceThinker Free Online Video Compressor is a simple tool that allows you to edit and compress your videos in a matter of seconds and doesn’t require any additional tools you would need to download. Moreover, the tool is supported with all popular devices and allows you to customize frame rate, bit rate, resolution, etc.
- Intuitive interface to reduce your video size easily.
- Compresses videos in all popular formats including MP4, MOV, MTS, etc.
- Doesn't leave a watermark on compressed files.
- It comes with a built-in media player for previewing the videos.
- An excellent built-in editor to polish your videos.
7. Clideo Online Video Compressor
It is a simple tool that allows you to edit and trim your videos and compress the videos in the required file size and that without losing original quality. You can upload the video to Clideo via URL, PC, or even Dropbox and click on the compress video option, ensuring the automatic parametric settings for the videos. It has a free version, but that puts a watermark on your videos so, you will need to opt for a subscription plan to remove it.
- The easy and fast compressing process with a simpler interface.
- A bunch of video editing tools.
- Allows easy sign-in through Google and Facebook.
- Enables you to share your videos to different social media platforms.
- Supports various video formats including MOV, VOB, AVI, MP4, etc.
Clipchamp is another best video compressor app for Mac with many unique features that you would love to explore. A wide range of presets is available for automatic resizing and compressing files as large as 20 GB. These compressed files could easily be shared or even uploaded to social media.
- Simple, fast, and easy video compressing.
- The tool has an option for batch conversions.
- Upload the videos through the drag-drop feature.
- Possesses a web recorder for video recording.
- Share the videos directly to YouTube or Google Drive.
Ezgif has various features, including editing and making gifs, video, and image conversions to various formats. Not only this, it’s an online video compressing option for users to compress large video files. It is a simple tool where you can add the video for compressing through your Mac PC or even pasting the video URL.
- Simple and clean UI.
- Several options for file optimization are supported.
- Allows you to add GIF, JPG and PNG.
- Supports multiple popular formats: WebM, MP4, MOV, FLV, etc.
Last but not least is another best video compression software for Mac which, like most of the compressors in this list, retains the quality of your videos while reducing the file size. CompressVideo reduces the size of videos on Mac by decreasing the bitrate of the video. This online compressor supports a file size of around 150MB.
- Intuitive and straightforward interface for fast compressions.
- It doesn’t require sign-ups or downloads.
- Protects user privacy.
- Supports multiple video formats including VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, etc.
In this article, you came across some of the best video compressing tools for Mac users who were having a hard time with the lack of storage on their PC. So, we hope now you are sorted with the issue and can reduce your file sizes with any of the listed compressors, mainly AceThinker Video Master Software and AceThinker free online video compressor; if you’re looking for an online option.