Although videos are available in numerous formats, MP4 seems to be the most popular. Also, they usually come in various sizes. In a situation whereby you seem to have a problem while downloading or playing a video, a video converter or compressor may become the following option to explore. Through such a program, it becomes possible to reduce video size free. This makes it easier for your favorite videos to be downloaded and explored/.played on different devices. This post will be revealing some of the most popular free video compressors for pc and mobile devices. Also, we are going to check out the best MP4 compressors used for Android and iOS devices.
Top software for video compression
1. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter has earned lots of positive reviews from users over the years. It is an excellent video compressor that can be used on a PC. The output formats that it supports are numerous, like ROM, WMV, AVI, MPG, MP4, and many others. All you have to do is select a compatible format with the device you are using and that it is. Also, it is effortless to operate.
Best for: newbies and beginners searching for how they can have their video files compressed with a program with different features.
- It can be used in ripping and burning Blu-ray/DVD
- Videos can be exported to YouTube
- It comes with preset profiles for tablets, game consoles, and smartphones
- Adding and editing subtitles
- MP4, as well as other video clips, can be cut and join
- Its interface is appealing and user-friendly
- Its video compression features are numerous
- Ads are not included
- It takes 72hours (3days) for advanced features to be unlocked
- It doesn’t have a version for Mac users
2. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is a free video compressor program that supports different file formats like FLV, MKV, MOV, AVI, MP4, RMVB, and lots of others. The best part is its high conversion speed. Also, the quality of the video will not be compromised during such a process. Although it has a paid version which requires payment of $49.95, the free version works fine.
Best for: people who want a program that tends to support many file formats. Also, it is excellent for those who want to burn their videos to DVDs.
- Videos can be burned to DVD
- Audios can be extracted from CDs or videos
- It has tools for video editing
- Videos can be downloaded online, including music
- Files are quickly converted with their quality being retained
- Editing of compressed files is super easy
- It doesn’t include ads
- Outputs and inputs supported are more than 100 and 160, respectively
- It is not compatible with Linux OS
- To access features that are more advanced and sophisticated, upgrading to its ultimate package is required
FFmpeg is a video compressor and converter that works on open-source concepts. In other words, it is an open-source program. The video file formats that it supports are numerous. These could be MOV, AVI, and MP4. Whether you are using Linux, Mac, or Windows operating system, this is the perfect video compressor software to install. It is perfect for conversion, compression, streaming of videos and audios.
Best for: experienced individuals who would want to convert their videos. Due to its complex nature, it is not recommended for beginners.
- It fully supports streaming
- It has an in-built video editor for merging, cropping, and many others
- It has a screen capture feature
- Its interface is user-friendly and can be easily navigated
- It is an open-source program
- The video formats supported are numerous
- It is compelling with lots of advanced features
- During conversion, the quality of your video may reduce
- It is not the best for beginners due to its steep learning curve
Top Online Video Compressors You Can Use For Free Today
1. Online Video Converter
With your browser, you can have unrestricted access to Online Video Converter today. It means no download or installation is required. It is one of the best free video compressors because it lets you compress video size online for free with few clicks. Also, different formats are fully supported. Files can be uploaded from platforms like Dropbox and Google Drive.
- It comes with Google Chrome Extension
- It has a desktop version that is compatible with both Mac and Windows OS
- Its compression settings are advanced
- You won’t have to bother about downloading and installing since it is online
- You can explore its features without any charge
- More than 40 media formats are supported
- Getting support is quite tricky should anything go wrong
- Using this tool requires you always to be online
Clipchamp is a fascinating online video converter and compressor. Its free version is pretty impressive in terms of features. However, the upgraded version tends to give you more. There are three paid plans you can choose from. The formats, as well as resolutions supported, are numerous.
Best for: experts searching for the perfect software they can use for editing, conversion, and compression of videos.
- Its editing tools are advanced and professional. These could be stock footage, sound effects, templates, and many others.
- It has a preview feature
- It has a screen recording feature
- Videos can be uploaded directly to platforms like Vimeo, Facebook, and others
- In Chrome, there is speedy batch processing
- It doesn’t have any limit for input files
- Its compression process is pretty fast
- Various formats, as well as resolutions, are supported
- For videos to be compressed, you will be required to use any of its paid plans
- Its free version has a limit of 480p exports
Zamzar is another impressive tool that compress video online free that anyone can start making use of today. All you need is just an internet connection, and you can convert your favorite videos into any format of your choice. Please note that you can only carry out two conversions/compressions within 24hours. However, its paid version allows you to do more. There are three plans like Business, Pro, and Basic. Just choose the one that fits into your budget.
Best for: people who don’t plan to compress/converting too many files in one day. It is also great when your file size isn’t up to 400MB.
- Files can be easily managed with personal storage
- Effective support
- More than 1200 file types are supported
- Multiple files can be compressed and converted simultaneously
- It is a free tool that can enable you to convert two files in a day
- No download or installation is required
- Contacting the team for support is easy when your file format is not supported
- It offers options for paid plans
- Its free version only allows you to convert/compress two files in 24hours
- If your file size is more than 400MB, an upgrade will be required to its business plan
Android and iOS software for video compression
VidCompact has been created for Android users. Apart from its intuitive interface, users won’t have any problem exploring its features. The formats that it supports are numerous, like MKV, MOV, FLV, MP4, etc.
Best for: users of android devices who are looking for how to compress their videos without paying. This app isn’t that reliable, though.
- Lossless compression
- Video and audio compression
- It comes with editing features for trimming, cropping, and cutting
- Videos can be fastened or slowed down
- It is free of charge to use
- It can function as an editing tool, compressor, and converter
- Most files are fully supported like MOV, WMV, MPEG, 3GP, RMVB, FLV, MKV, AVI, and HD
- Sections of videos can be extracted by having to choose “start” as well as “end” time
- You can only make use of its free version for a limited time. After that, you will be required to subscribe
- Error messages are constantly popping up
2. Video Converter by Inverse.AI
With Video Converter by Inverse.AI , you can easily convert videos into any format like M4V, AVI, MP4, etc. There is no need to bother about payment as it is free. Also, its interface is quite intuitive and straightforward as you won’t find it difficult to explore its features. It comes with a media player (in-built) to ensure users can watch their videos before editing them.
Best for: users of android devices searching for a reliable and complete tool for compressing, editing and converting their videos.
- Editor cutting/trimming videos and audios
- Videos can be converted to audios
- Batch processing
- Subtitle tracks
- All video file types are supported like FLV, VOB, M4V, WMV, MPG, MPEG, MTS, MOV, 3GP, AVI, MKV, MP4, and more
- Batch processing is supported
- It is a tool for conversion, editing, and compressing
- Compressed videos retain their quality
- For its free version to be unlocked, you will have to watch some ads
- Less popular formats will need you to sign up for its paid version
3. MobileIdea Studio Video Compressor
With MobileIdea Studio Video Compressor , you will compress as well as convert videos to MP4 files. Audios can also be extracted from videos. It is possible to cut clips using MobileIdea Studio Video Compressor. Its batch compression and conversion feature are also worth mentioning. It is perfect when you want to get multiple files converted with the push of a button.
Best for: people who want to make use of a simple and effective video compression app.
- Batch conversion and compression
- Video sharing
- Quality adjustment – low, medium, or high
- Video editing tools
- This is a free application
- It doesn’t require any particular skill to use
- Videos can be converted to audio files (MP)
- Some users have complained about not being able to compress their video files completely
Factors to consider before choosing software for your video compression
This post has helped you discover some of the best video compression applications on the internet. While trying to choose one that can meet your needs, below are some crucial variables to consider.
Your preferred free video conversion app should be easy to use according to your experience and knowledge. Avoid any of those apps that seem complicated.
Always ensure you have understood the features of any app you plan to use. To do this, go through the details about the app on its developer site.
An app must support the format of your device. The most common formats which must be included are MP4, FLV, WMV, and more.
Positive user reviews
Try to find out what users are saying about such an app. Are they complaining about bug-related issues, lagging issues, unnecessary ads, or too many errors?
The developer of your chosen free video compression software needs to have all the necessary support channels available. These could be email, online, and live chat support.