Videos like movies and music videos with high quality, such as 4K and 8K resolution, can fill up almost all the space of your storage device. It can also cause a problem with your device. Especially when you want to send it to your friend online, other tools have limitations when sending large video files, just like Messenger and Email you can't send videos larger than 25MB on Messenger. That is why we selected the ten best video compressor that you can use online on iOS and Android devices. Continue below to look at the tools you can use to reduce large file sizes.
Best Video Compression Software
1. AceThinker Video Master
Best For: Video Master is suitable for beginners since it is an easy and fast processor.
First on the list of the best video compressor is the Video Master. This tool was developed by AceThinker. This tool is a compressor that reduces a video file size but does not lose the original quality. That is why Video Master is considered the most helpful tool in compression. Aside from compressing videos, this tool can also accommodate other functions and features such as metadata editing, 2D and 3D making, video enhancing, and GIF-making.
- It supports batch compression of audio and video files.
- It can convert files into different formats such as MP4, M41, MOV, and more.
- It allows users to compress and convert multiple files simultaneously.
- It offers an unlimited free trial.
- Free to download tool without any log ins
- It is a budget-friendly tool that offers a $49.95 Lifetime license.
- It doesn’t support mobile devices.
- Unavailable to Linux.
Best For: It is best for playing multiple media files.
VLC is the best free video compressor that you can use on your device. This free tool is considered the Swiss army knife of all media players that allow you to play almost all video formats. It is equipped with many free features, such as a compressor that uses a downscaling method. Although it requires some skill to set up the compression process, it still can convert and compress video without losing the original quality of the video file. It compromises the file size quickly.
- It supports unlimited formats such as MOV, M4A, MP4, MP3, and more.
- Compatible with multiple operating systems, including Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox.
- It is available in 48 languages.
- It supports Android devices.
- It has a complicated interface.
3. Video Proc
Best For: It is best when compressing large files like videos.
Video Proc is also one of the best video compressors without losing quality. This tool has comprehensive features that you can use while compressing videos. It can compress videos in a short time because it uses Full Hardware Accelerator. Aside from that, you can also use their cutter, trimmer, and cropper to edit your video clips before compressing them. Video Proc can compress high-quality videos such as 8K and 4K while keeping the original quality. Lastly, it encompasses 370 input codecs and 420+ output formats.
- It supports Mac and Windows OS.
- It has a built-in screen recorder.
- Compatible on mobile devices.
- It can compress and download UHD and HD videos.
- It supports multiple output and input formats.
- It has a dull interface.
Best For: It is the best file compressor for Windows, Mac, and Linux users.
Handbrake is the best way to compress video quickly. This tool is a file compressor that can help you save large space on your storage device. It is an open-source MP4 transcoder that is designed to help you have easy compression. With Handbrake, you can set your preferred video size and bitrate before compression. You can also use their basic video editing tools such as cropping, scaling, deinterlacing, and more. Moreover, this tool is a video file size reducer that you can use offline.
- It has automatic and custom cropping for images.
- It allows you to play the preview of the compressed video file.
- It can process a batch of files.
- It supports a wide range of video file formats like MP4, M4A, MOV and more.
- It requires you to click and select many options before compressing.
Best Free Online Video Compressors
1. FreeConvert Video Compressor
Best For: It is suited for compressing short online video clips.
One of the best online video compressors is the FreeConvert Video Compressor. This tool is a compressor that uses Constant Rate Factor or CRF. It allows you to reduce file size without compromising the video’s original quality. It has two video codecs such as H265 and H264. Additionally, this tool has advanced settings that help you set video quality and size by setting up your preferred size and codec. Lastly, you can also compress images and PDF files aside from video files.
- This tool is compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows.
- It supports multiple input video formats.
- It can compress high-quality videos without losing the original quality.
- It has a drag and drop method when importing files.
- The maximum file size you can compress is 1GB.
2. Clideo Video Compressor
Best For: This tool is best when compressing and editing videos.
Another tool that you can consider as the best free video compressor is the Clideo Compress Video. This tool is a file-size reducer that has a fast compression process. It is an online tool that is safe to use since it has secure encryption. With that said, your video files are secured since you are the only one who has access to them. Aside from that, it supports any video format like MP4, MOV, AVI, and those unusual formats. With just three easy steps, you can have a fast compression.
- It has a comprehensive user interface.
- It does not require downloading any application to compress MP4.
- It can upload from three different video sources, including your library, GDrive, and Dropbox.
- Free and unlimited to use.
- It offers essential video editing tools that you can utilize before saving.
- It has a watermark with the output with the free trial users.
3. Veed MP4 Compressor
Best For: Veed is best when you want to edit your video before compressing it.
Third on the list of best online video compressors is the Veed MP4 Compressor. This tool offers a video compressor that helps you reduce video file size with minimal loss of the video’s quality. It can help you make your MP4 files smaller than the original size. You can also use their advanced setting that allows you to set your chosen bitrate, frame rate, and size. It is also equipped with excellent tools, including cutting and trimmer, to make the tool perfect. Aside from that, you can also add text, images, sound effects, and filters to your video.
- It can compress online videos via URL.
- You can use it to convert files.
- It does not require any downloads and installation to utilize the tool.
- It supports a wide range of output and input formats suck as MP4, MOV, M4A, 3GP, and more.
- It does not allow you to play the preview of your compressed video.
4. Cloud Presso
Best For: This tool is best used when you are rushing compression.
CloudPresso is a video compressor that can reduce your video file size without losing quality. It can compress ten files in one compression. Aside from that, it offers a safe and secured compression process since it has 256-bit SSL encryption. This tool has two versions which are the trial and premium versions. With the free trial, you can only compress video with a maximum of 100MB. While with the premium version, you can compress videos up to 1GB. Lastly, this tool lets you upload three video sources, including Goggle Drive, Dropbox, and your device.
- Compression can be done through the drag and drop process.
- It supports multiple output formats including MP4, MOV, M4A, and more.
- It supports high-quality output.
- The free trial has a limited of 100MB file size to compress.
Best Video Compression Apps for iOS and Android
Video Slimmer App for iOS Devices
Best For: Suited when you do rush video compression.
Video Slimmer App is the best video compressor app for iPhone devices. This tool lets you shrink video files into smaller file sizes, and it can reduce the file size while keeping the video quality in good condition. With just a few taps, you can have a compressed file. Aside from compressing videos, it can also trim, split, rotate and merge video files. With this tool, you can also customize your videos by setting up your preferred video size, quality, and dimensions. Lastly, this tool supports almost all of the latest iOS versions.
- It allows you to merge and split video clips.
- It supports the latest iOS models.
- Allows batch processing.
- It is an affordable tool that prices $2.99.
- It supports English, Japanese, and Chinese language.
- It has limited functionalities.
Video Dieter for Android Device
Best For: This tool is perfect for beginners in video compressing.
Last on the list of best video compressor app for Android is the Video Dieter. You can set up your desired video size, quality, and format with this tool. Aside from that, this tool has a lucrative user interface that allows you to have fast compression. It also allows you to quickly share to any of your social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Lastly, Video Dieter can compromise video size without losing the original quality.
- It allows you to set your preferred video quality.
- It supports extensive video formats such as MP4, M4A, and more.
- It allows users to trim specific parts of the video file.
- Transcode video files quickly.
- It doesn’t support renaming video files.
FAQs about Compressing Videos
1. What is the smallest video container or format with high quality?
There is a definitive to that question since it depends on the tool you will use to play your video. But the best and most used format for video files is the MP4 and WMV, and these formats can retain high quality, although it has a small size.
2. What is the best video compressor?
The best video compressor is the Video Master. This tool has many advanced features to offer that are related to video and audio compression. You can compress, convert, edit, and create videos with this tool. Click the download button below to install the tool.
Try it for Free.
3. Does compressing a video reduce quality?
Compressing a video can reduce the quality if the compressor you use is a lossy tool. We highly recommend AceThinker Free Video Compressor Online, especially if you are compressing online videos.
Bonus: Factors to Consider
What are the factors to consider when choosing the best video compressor?
Consider choosing the compatible tool with almost all famous and most used operating systems. So that in case you want to upgrade a computer, you can still have the compressor on your new device.
The features that are offered to you by the tool are also essential to consider. Since additional features can help you use the tool fully, consider choosing the tool with advanced and essential video editing tools.
The tool’s interface is also one factor that you should consider in choosing the best video compressor. Choose the best tool that has an organized and easy-to-use interface. Make sure that you understand the tool’s interface.
|AceThinker Video Master||Yes||$29.95 Yearly|
|Video Proc||Yes||$29.95 Yearly|
|Clideo||No||$72 per year|
|Veed||No||$12 per month|