Facial Recognition System (Face ID) is an authentication system that uses biometrics. With the launch of the iPhone X, Apple introduced an entirely new method of unlocking phones. Users can now unlock their phones using facial recognition and do not have to endure an entire process of using Touch ID. There are occasions that users are blocked from their devices because of Face ID issues. How to unlock iPhone without Passcode or Face ID? The great news is that you can unlock iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone X, and even iPhone XR lineup without a Face ID. It's as easy as entering the passcode of your device. The guide will provide you with various methods to unlock an iPhone without a face ID.
4 Best Methods to Unlock iPhone Without Face ID
Solution 1: Unlock iPhone Without Face ID using Passcode
As with Touch ID, Apple has its safeguards. If Face ID attempts to authenticate your face but fails to match five times, it triggers its safeguard system, and it will require your Passcode to verify that you're the actual owner. That means the screen passcode you enter can open your iPhone even if you do not wish to use Face ID on your iPhone. Here, we will demonstrate two methods for unlocking your iPhone without a Face ID using your Passcode.
User Guide 1:
- Continue to hold both the side and volume buttons until the "slide to power off" interface appears.
- Click on "Cancel" at the bottom of your screen. You will be prompted to enter your device passcode to unlock your iPhone.
User Guide 2:
- Click the button on the side five times to activate emergency SOS mode.
- There will be a countdown on the screen. You must put an end to Emergency SOS calling within 5 seconds. It will then ask users to type in the code to allow access to your iPhone.
Solution 2: Try Rebooting to Unlock iPhone without Face ID
Apart from using passcodes, You can also access the iPhone with Face ID by restarting your iPhone. This is a stepwise guide on how to do it.
- Hit the Volume Up button located to the left side of the iPhone.
- Tap on the volume button to the left of the iPhone X.
- Press and hold your side-button until an Apple logo appears. Afterward, release the button, and your phone will be restarted.
- Now, you can utilize the passcode numeric to access your iPhone after reboot.
Solution 3: Unlock iPhone Without Face ID Using iCloud
Another method to discover how to unlock the iPhone XS (Max) or the latest model without a password and Face ID is by using iCloud. Instead of shutting off the Find my iPhone service, we'll make use of it for erasing the iPhone remotely. But, it is important to know your Apple ID and password to apply this method. If you receive a prompt concerning the respective actions on your phone, you must accept it and then be patient until your phone is restarted. Because this erases all data stored in your device, you could later backup your phone to recover the deleted content.
- Visit iCloud's official website and sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- From here, select "Find My iPhone service."
- It will show an inventory of all linked devices with your Apple account. Choose the device that is linked to your account.
- Click the "Erase" button and answer the security question correctly to confirm your selection.
Solution 4: Use Voice Control to Unlock iPhone Without Face ID
If you've come here seeking an alternative method to unlock your device but aren't satisfied, we have an alternative method to unlock your device. It's not difficult to set up, but it is worthwhile. This is extremely useful If you discover it challenging to enter your passcode or your device isn't taking your face ID.
- Activate Voice control; It is located under accessibility settings, or you can search for voice control by using the bar for search.
- In this step, you will need to create a custom command.
- Input the words you'd like to use to unlock your device. We have chosen "Open," but you can select any other phrase you want.
- Click "Run custom Gesture" and enter the code on the screen that your passcode is. For example, for 1111, you'll be required to press the top left button four times.
- After you've finished, could you save the file and then give it a try? Go to your lock screen and type your word to activate the gesture.
- If you notice that your button press is slightly off or too slow, modify the gesture until it's the way you want to have it.
Unlock iPhone with a Specialized Tool – AceThinker iPhone Unlocker
If you fail to unlock your iPhone with the methods above, you should use a specialized tool to unlock your iPhone without a Face ID or passcode. One of the simplest ways to get around the lock on an iPhone is to use a dedicated application like AceThinker iPhone Unlocker. The program offers an easy-to-use click-through method that allows unlocking iOS devices quickly. It doesn't matter whether the device is locked due to consecutive unsuccessful attempts or if you've lost your passcode for your device. This tool will help you out in various circumstances.
- AceThinker unlocks Face ID on all iPhone models, including iPhone 11, 12, and 13.
- The tool is even compatible with the latest iOS.
- AceThinker iPhone unlocker will assist in unblocking the Apple ID or iCloud activation lock on your device in just a second without having to enter the password.
- There is no technical expertise required.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Choose Wipe Password Option
Start AceThinker iPhone Unlocker, select Wipe Password in the menu and press the Start button. Link your iOS device to your computer with the use of a USB cable.
Step 2 Confirm Your Device Information and Download Firmware
After your device is successfully recognized and connected, all its information is displayed. Check that the information is accurate and press download to install the firmware you need to unlock. The rule of thumb is that the download can take some time because the firmware is quite large.
Step 3 Unlock Your iPhone
Once the firmware is installed, you can select Unlock to wipe passwords. After that, you'll be asked to input "0000" to confirm it. In a matter of minutes then, your Passcode/Face ID for the screen of locks will be erased.
Bonus Tips: Protect Your iPhone from being Unlocked by Thieves
It is always a good idea to always guard your iPhone against misuse by other people. If your iPhone device is stolen or lost, you want to ensure that the culprit will not access it. If they can get around any security locks on the phone, they will be able to sell the device.
To secure your device, you should follow these tips:
- Always enable the Find my iPhone feature in case anyone steals it or misplaces it; you can track your phone using this app.
- Also, enable the "Send Last Location" feature. This will send out the final position of the phone when the battery is low.
- Like Find my iPhone, Find my Friends is an in-built location-sharing feature created by Apple. It's recommended that you have at minimum three people you share your location with.
- Your iCloud account must be secured without cost. It is advised to enable a two-factor authentication feature on your account to improve your account's security. Navigate to the Settings menu, go to Apple ID, proceed to the Passcode & Security, and activate the two-factor authentication option.
To Sum Up
Now you know how to unlock iPhone without a Face ID. However, we strongly recommend using AceThinker software as it is one of the best on the market.