iPhone is the top-performing smartphone with a stylish design and unique features. Even with an impressive running system, the iPhone remains vulnerable to technical issues and unresponsive displays. It is often difficult to use and access an iPhone with a screen that isn't responsive. And it can be pretty frustrating when the iPhone's screen is not responding because of physical damage or a software issue. However, if you face the same issue, you don't need to worry anymore! As it is quite possible to discover a way to unlock an iPhone with an unresponsive screen, so without any further ado, let's find out!
Unlocking iPhone When Screen is Unresponsive Without Data Loss – Is It Actually Possible?
When you've already got backups, then the answer is yes. There are multiple ways to unlock an iPhone that has a non-responsive screen. However, it is essential to be aware some strategies could result in data loss, specifically those with an extremely high rate of success. If you keep an archive of your data, you can restore it and get it back in a flash.
Top 5 Ways to Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen
1. Force Restart to Fix iPhone with Unresponsive Screen
One of the most straightforward methods for unlocking your iPhone with a non-responsive screen would be a force restart. This method is very efficient in the event of software malfunctions. You will force-close the operating processes and apps that could resolve the problem when you do this. Before restarting your device, note that the procedure may differ slightly based on your iPhone.
Coming up next is how to unlock iPhone if the screen is unresponsive using force restart:
If you own iPhone 6 or earlier: The procedure is to press the Home and Power buttons simultaneously. Hold them down simultaneously until you see the Apple logo displayed on your iPhone's screen.
If you have the iPhone 7 or 7+: The steps for force restart are: holding Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to press until you can observe the Apple logo appear on the screen.
If you have an iPhone 8 or later: The method to force restart your device follows the steps: Press and fastly release the Volume Up button, then press and swiftly let go of the Volume down button. Then, continue pressing and pressing on the Power button until the Apple logo appears on display.
2. Use Keyboard to Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen
Here's a more cost-effective and straightforward method to enter your passcode manually on your iPhone with a screen that isn't responsive. It's simple. All you require is an OTG keyboard and an OTG cable, and then follow the coming steps:
- Connect the keyboard to your iPhone via an OTG.
- In the next step, you will need to switch on your iPhone.
- Manually enter the passcode by using the keyboard.
3. Unlock Unresponsive Screen of iPhone using Siri
How to unlock an iPhone with an unresponsive screen? If you're looking to unlock your iPhone with a non-responsive screen without losing data, you must learn to utilize the Siri trick. This method has been tested to be highly effective because it allows you to use your voice to issue instructions. But, it can only be used when the iPhone's screen is responsive to your gesture occasionally. To use this method, you'll be required to comply with these guidelines.
- To activate Siri. If you have the iPhone 7 or earlier, you'll need to hold and press your home button. For iPhone X/XR/XS, you'll have to hold and press your power button located on the device's right edge.
- After Siri is turned on, ask your assistant to switch on VoiceOver.
- After that, press the power/home button twice to display the main screen for the passcode.
- Swipe left or right until you have reached the Slide To Unlock selection is made. Double-tap on the screen, and you will access the passcode page.
- You can then move the VoiceOver cursor over the different numbers that make up your passcode. Double-tap each number to confirm your choice.
- Move your finger left and right until you see your button to enter. Tap the button. Double-tap to enter your passcode.
4. Try Restoring and Unlocking iPhone with Unresponsive Screen via iTunes
Another solution for unlocking the iPhone when the screen is unresponsive is to restore the iOS device using iTunes. This method can return your iPhone to original settings, which means that it will delete all your data, apps, and settings, as well as the settings for screen passcodes. But, it is recommended to try this method if you've made backups to your information.
- Connect your device to your computer via a USB cable. Open the iTunes application on your computer (ensure that it's the most recent version).
- The app will be able to recognize the device. Select the icon for your device in the upper-left corner to access Summary.
- Hit on the Restore iPhone button and then wait for it to be complete.
5. Unlock iPhone When Screen in Unresponsive with the help of iCloud
It is also possible to get access to an iPhone with a non-responsive screen through iCloud when you've enabled the "Find Your iPhone" feature. Follow these easy steps to unlock it:
- Go to icloud.com afterward, log in to your account with any web browser.
- Click on "Find the iPhone" and then select the device that has the non-responsive screen. It will be listed under "All devices."
- Choose "Erase iPhone." It will wipe all information on the device, including the passcode. This will result in making it possible to unlock the iPhone.
The Best Method to Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen (100% Working)
If none of those mentioned above ways proved to be of any help, then use AceThinker iPhone Unlocker, the easiest and 100% working solution for unlocking iPhone with an unresponsive screen. If you're looking to know how to unlock your iPhone with a screen that isn't responsive, you are looking for a solution. Then, AceThinker is the ideal tool to use. It is a program on a computer specially made for unlocking iOS locks in the simplest of steps. The captivating aspect of this application is that it features an easy-to-use interface, making it suitable even for people who don't know technology.
- Unlock the screen, Apple ID lock, MDM lock, and screen time lock with no passcode required.
- The highest rate of success in the field of competitors.
- Supported by all iPhone versions and iOS versions, including iPhone 13 and iOS 15.
- 100% safe to use, with no interruptions or glitches.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Choose Wipe Passcode
Start AceThinker iPhone Unlocker and select Wipe Password from the main interface. Then press Start to continue. Then you join your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2 Download Firmware
Once your device is successfully connected and recognized, the details will be displayed. Make sure that everything is correct, and then click on start to download the firmware needed to unlock. The firmware download will take a while to download, and it is significant.
Step 3 Unlock iPhone Password
After downloading, click Unlock to start the unlocking process. Then, type in "0000" to confirm the process. After a short time, the password on the lock screen will be deleted.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do you unlock your iPhone with a non-responsive screen without a computer?
For those who want to unlock the iPhone screen without a computer, try using keys to enter passcodes or enabling Siri to open your iPhone.
2. How do I unlock an iPhone with a non-responsive screen without Siri?
If you don't have Siri, it is possible to unlock the screen lock on your iPhone using iTunes, iCloud, or an external tool such as AceThinker iPhone Unlocker.
3. How can I unlock an iPhone that is not responsive without any data loss?
In any way you choose to use it, your iPhone will lose all data when you attempt to unlock your iPhone without a passcode. But if you utilize iTunes and iCloud to backup your iPhone and then break the iPhone security lock screen.
How to unlock an iPhone if the screen is unresponsive? There are ways to unlock the device, and these methods work well to solve this problem. Using a specialized application such as AceThinker provides peace of mind knowing that you'll be able to access your iPhone regardless of the situation. Simply download it and give it the test!