Life is but a series of ups and downs, sometimes we lose valuable things, but sometimes we find other things of more value. But what’s even luckier is when the thing you found was the thing you lost. This could happen to iPhones, too. There might be a chance that you can find an iPhone lying somewhere that seems to be lost or thrown. It can also be an iPhone that you, your relative, or a friend had lost, and you happen to find it again. However, the excitement can quickly dampen when the iPhone you found is password-protected, so you can’t use it. Or when the iPhone you lost then found again suddenly changed its password, keeping you out. Trying to guess the password will get you even more locked out as it will disable the iPhone. The worst-case scenario is the iPhone that you found is already disabled. So, here are some tips that you can do for how to unlock a found iPhone. There will be methods for iPhones that you don’t own and iPhones that you used to own but were lost, then found again. However, stick around for the solution that works well in all scenarios.
Unlock Found iPhone that You Lost
1. Restore via iTunes to Unlock and Recover Lost iPhone Data
If you found an iPhone that you lost last time, but the password has been changed or the iPhone was disabled, you can use iTunes. The software will help you remove the password, but will also erase all the iPhone’s data. However, it will still be restorable through a backup. Here’s how to use iTunes I found my lost iPhone how do I unlock it.
- First, open your iTunes on your computer then linking your found iPhone via a USB connector will be next.
- Wait for iTunes to read and scan the found iPhone. It will detect the problem if the iPhone is disabled and will give you an option to restore the iPhone.
- Hit restore to reset your iPhone data and password. After the restoration is complete, the iPhone will ask for its Activation Lock, but since it is your iPhone, you will know what the activation key is.
2. Use Find My to Unlock Your Found Lost iPhone
You probably used your Find My feature to find your lost iPhone again. But if you can no longer remember the correct password or the password suddenly changed, you can use Find My too to unlock the iPhone. It is also possible that someone found it before you and got your iPhone disabled by guessing the passcode. The steps below will help you with found my lost iPhone how to unlock.
- On another iDevice, open the Find My app from the application list. The iDevice should be signed in to the Apple account associated with the locked iPhone.
- Go to the All Devices tab, look for the found iPhone and select it to access the menu.
- Tap on Erase This Device to delete all the iPhone data and unlock it.
Unlocking Found iPhone of Unknown Owner
1. Use iTunes to Unlock without Restoring Backup
Using iTunes, I found an iPhone how do I unlock it with an unknown owner is also possible. However, when going through this method, restoring the backup of the iPhone is not recommended. Doing so will trigger the Activation Lock of the iPhone, and since you do not own the iPhone, you won’t know the activation key.
- Launch the iTunes tool on your desktop computer, then connect the found iPhone using a USB cord.
- Instead of restoring the iPhone and syncing the backup again, choose the Set up as new iPhone option. Tick the circle, then click continue.
- The iPhone will be reset to factory settings and will remove the password. Don’t sync the backup after this process to avoid the iPhone asking for the Activation Lock.
2. Seek Help of a Professional Technician not Associated with Apple
I found an iPhone but its locked. It is a very tricky situation to fix, as there’s not much option to unlock an iPhone that you do not own. But, there are professional technicians out there offering their services to jailbreak or unlock iPhones for a fee. Ensure that you aren’t asking technicians from an apple store to unlock a found iPhone. This is because it is against their company policy if you are not the rightful owner.
Professional Tool to Unlock Any iPhone
Best Feature: The tool can unlock any type of password from all iPhones running on iOS 15 and earlier.
Advantage Against Other Solutions: It will work both on lost iPhones and found iPhones with an unknown owner. Backing up will also not trigger the iPhone to ask for an Activation Lock.
AceThinker iPhone Unlocker makes it much easier and faster to unlock found iPhone. Despite its name, it can also bypass Apple ID and Screen Time passwords, so it can also wipe that from the found iPhone. The program can also help you avoid data loss by backing up your iPhone before deleting the passcode. You may also use this program to unlock your found iPhone without an iCloud or iTunes account. Furthermore, the minimum system requirements for your computer are a 1GHz Intel/AMD CPU, 1024 RAM, and 200MB of hard disk space. Here's how to use AceThinker to access your locked iPhone.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Open Wipe Passcode Mode
iPhone Unlocker has three main functions, but Wipe Passcode is what you need in the I found a locked iPhone how do I unlock it scenario. To begin this mode, press the first button from the top, then Start. You'll be prompted to use a USB cord to connect your iPhone to your computer.
Step 2 Check Found iPhone’s Specifications
The software will scan and recognize your found iPhone after connecting it via USB cable and display device information. Make sure it's the same. If the software displays wrong information, use the drop-down option to search for your iPhone's data. Then, to begin the firmware download, press 'Start.'
Step 3 Download the Found iPhone Firmware
The following step is to download the correct firmware for your iPhone model. After erasing the data and passcode, this will assist you in resetting your found device. To avoid file corruption, don't interrupt the download. The size and speed of the file, as well as the download progress, are displayed in the bar below.
Step 4 Unlock Found iPhone with the Keycode
After installing the firmware, you may finally unlock the found iPhone. When you click the 'Unlock' button, a message prompt appears, asking you to confirm your actions by typing '0000' in the empty area. To unlock your iPad, press enter or the 'Unlock' button beside the text box.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do you do if you find someone's phone?
If you found someone’s phone lying on the street or somewhere, you can either return it to the owner or surrender it to the nearest police station. You can also give it up to the nearest office of the carrier if it is visible on the home screen so they can give it to the owner. But if you want to use it for personal use, you can use methods to turn off lock screen iPhone.
2. Is it easy to jailbreak an iPhone?
The difficulty of jailbreaking an iPhone will depend on the knowledge of someone when it comes to technology. But apps like AceThinker iPhone Unlocker can make it easier to other people to jailbreak or unlock apple devices.
To Sum Up
When you either found a locked iPhone with an unknown owner or an iPhone that you lost, using AceThinker iPhone Unlocker is a good method. It is because it will work either way and won’t require a lot of other requirements to work such as an Activation Lock.