We live in a digital age where our mobile devices can be used for almost everything. But most specifically, surfing the Internet and storing files and important data. Although this is convenient, it also puts our devices at risk. Our smartphones can be infected with malicious software or viruses from surfing the web. Or even by storing infected files. One of the best things users could do is the factory reset their phones when this happens. Factory reset will erase all the data stored in a mobile phone while restoring the software to its original state. Usually, a factory reset can be accomplished through the phone settings. But sometimes, the phone could be protected by a forgotten password. If this happened to you, you’re reading the right post, as this will teach you how to factory reset iPhone without password or computer. You will also know some problems that a factory reset can solve, plus a different solution that uses a computer.
Problems Solved by Reset iPhone Without a Computer
Performing a factory reset will delete everything from your iPhones, so naturally, you won’t do it without a purpose. However, if you have a particular problem in mind to fix by resetting your iPhone, keeping a backup is an option. So, what problems can be solved if you reset iPhone without a computer?
- Your iPhone is running low on space, causing it to freeze or decline in performance.
- You suspect that your iPhone is infected with a virus.
- Your iPhone is being sold or given away, so you want to wipe all your data from the device for security reasons.
- The files, applications, or system software of your iPhone got corrupted.
- It can also fix screen time passcode not working.
How to Reset iPhone Without Passcode or Computer
1. Factory Reset iPhone from Settings
The first method how to factory reset iPhone without computer is through your phone’s settings. This is the fastest method since you only need your iPhone. You just have to navigate through the settings. But, this method will only work if you can open your iPhone since you will have to access the settings.
- Open your phone Settings from the Application Drawer. Scroll down and tap the General option.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Reset.
- Tap the Erase All Content and Settings to factory reset your iPhone
2. Factory Reset iPhone with Find My iPhone
If you can’t open your iPhone because it is password protected and you don’t know or forgot the password. This solution is for you. Here’s how to factory reset iPhone without passcode and computer. But, your Find My iPhone feature needs to be enabled to make this method possible.
- If you have another iOS device like iPhone or iPad, open your Find My application in the Application Drawer. Or you can log in your Apple ID into a borrowed iOS device to continue with this method.
- Select Devices to see all your registered iOS devices and tap your iPhone.
- Choose Erase This Device, and your iPhone will automatically enter into factory reset mode.
3. Factory Reset iPhone with iCloud
Another way how to factory reset iphone when locked without computer is by logging in to your iCloud. Using another iOS device or Android phone’s browser. Although this solution doesn’t need a password and computer, it also needs to have Find My iPhone enabled.
- Open iCloud and then log in to your Apple ID that’s also logged in on your iPhone you wish to factory reset.
- Click the drop-down menu at the top to see All Devices, then select your iPhone.
- Select Erase iPhone, the third button to the right, at the bottom of the interface. This will remove your iPhone from the cloud and immediately put your iPhone into factory reset mode.
Best Way to Factory Reset iPhone - With Computer
In case there is a computer available, a more convenient solution than how to reset locked iPhone without computer exists. This method involves using a third-party tool that will help you factory reset your iPhone even without a password and without having the Find My iPhone feature enabled.
What is it Best For: This software is best for unlocking and resetting disabled iOS devices, removing Apple ID, and bypassing Screen Time.
Devices it can Factory Reset: It can reset every iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
It is considerably easier and faster to factory reset an iPhone with AceThinker iPhone Unlocker. The app can also assist you in avoiding data loss by backing up your smartphone before wiping the passcode. You can also use this tool to unlock your iPhone without iTunes if your computer meets the minimum system requirements of 1GHz Intel/AMD CPU or higher, 1024 RAM, and 200MB of hard disk space.
To start, download the software by clicking the version compatible with your operating software. Open the launcher and install the software to continue with the process.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Choose Mode of Operation
To factory reset your locked iPhone, you have to select the Wipe Passcode Mode, which is the first button at the top. In this mode, you will be able to remove your iPhone’s password and reset your iPhone in the process. Click start, and then the software will ask you to connect your device.
Step 2 Connect iPhone and Verify Firmware
Connect your iPhone to your computer with the help of a USB cable. After connecting your iPhone, the unlocker will scan the specifications of the device and will display it on the screen. Verify that the data displayed and the specs of your iPhone match to ensure that there will be no problem. Manually adjust the data if they don’t match.
Step 3 Download the Firmware
The firmware for your specific device will start downloading. This will reset your iPhone after the download. Monitor the progress with the bar below, which also indicates the download speed and the size of the firmware.
Step 4 Confirm Reset by Entering 0000
Click the Unlock button on the next screen that appears, then enter ‘0000’ on the empty text box to confirm that you wish to proceed on factory resetting your iPhone. Click the Unlock button again or Enter on the keyboard to factory reset your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I Factory Reset iPhone with just the Buttons?
You can directly force your iPhone to enter factory reset with just the buttons of your iPhone. Do this by following these steps:
- Hold the power button and the home button at the same time.
- Wait for the screen to go black, and then a silver Apple logo will appear.
- Let go of the buttons to let the iPhone reboot.
2. Can you Factory Reset an iPod Without Computer?
Yes, you can factory reset or unlock iPod without computer. Most solutions mentioned above work for iPods, too, including the use of AceThinker iPhone Unlocker. The other methods are factory reset thru settings, thru Find My, and thru iCloud.