There could be many cases where you need to reset iPhone without Apple ID. Most people have had their iPhone for a long time, and they never need to use a password for their Apple ID. So, when they need to erase that phone, they are unable because that Apple ID won't let them do it without the password and they do not remember the password. What’s worse? You cannot even remove that Apple ID without having its password. So, erasing that iPhone gets so difficult. However, there is no need to worry as we have some different solutions for you.
Top 3 Ways for How to Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password
Whatever your reason for needing to reset the iPhone, you must have a good experience without a lot of complexity. So, here we have our top 3 solutions that you can use for resetting your iPhone.
1. How to Erase iPhone Without Apple ID with Settings when Find My Feature is Off.
The first solution that you can go for here comes with some prerequisites because of the security concerns from Apple. A few of them include knowing all the restriction passcodes/passwords, and the Find My feature is disabled. If, in case, you do not meet any of these prerequisites, then this method won't work out for you, and you should skip to the next one right away.
- Open Settings and navigate to Reset. After checking that all of the prerequisites are satisfied, you can open settings in your iPhone. There you can search for Reset. Otherwise, you will need first to find General and then scroll down to find the Transfer or Reset option.
- Erase your device. Clicking on it will lead you to 'Erase everything' option. Clock on it and enter your password/passcode. Your iPhone will take some time before it boots as a new device.
- Ensuring that the Find My feature is not enabled is necessary because otherwise, you will either not be able to erase the device or get stuck on the Activation Lock when the phone turns on.
2. How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID using iTunes when to Find My Feature is Off
The following way by which you can erase or reset your device is by using iTunes. You can use it on your Windows PC or Mac PC. It is also important to note that your phone has to have the Find My feature turned off because otherwise, the activation lock will never let you use your phone again. Below are the steps to follow to use this method.
- Connect your iPhone with iTunes. This method needs you to have a working computer with iTunes installed on it. It is preferred to have the latest iTunes for a better and smooth experience. So, once you are done with installing iTunes on Windows PC or Mac PC, you can connect your mobile phone to the computer using a data cable. This may need additional work, like authenticating with the passcode/password on your device or clicking on “Trust.”
- Restore your device. Once you complete the connection process, you will see your device appear on the left side on top. Click on it to open the details, and then you will need to click on Restore. You will get a confirmation popup; click on Restore again to start the erasing process. You need to make sure that your device is connected to the computer for as long as it takes. Once your phone boots up, you can disconnect it and start using it like usual.
3. How to reset iPhone without Apple ID using AceThinker iPhone Unlocker
If you have the Find My feature enabled on your iPhone and do not have your account password, you might think there is no solution. If that is the case with you, you still do not need to worry as AceThinker iPhone Unlocker will be the best solution to this issue. Here are all the steps you need to follow to reset your phone. The best part about using AceThinker iPhone Unlocker is that you can also use it when the Find My feature is disabled. In this way, you will have a simpler and more convenient experience of resetting your iPhone.
Now you can reset your iPhone without needing to worry about its:
- Model number
- iOS version
- Previous data
- Previous account or anything else.
The best part is that the latest tools ensure no need to worry about things like iCloud Activation lock.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install AceThinker iPhone Unlocker on your Computer.
The only prerequisite here is to have the AceThinker iPhone Unlocker tool installed on your computer. So, you can download it for free and install it, and it is a free tool available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Step 2 Specify Device Information and Start.
You need to start the tool and connect your mobile with your computer using a data cable when you finish the installation process. The tool will read your device, and you can select the information needed to download its firmware. After the download is done, you can start the unlocking process.
Step 3 Set your iPhone up like a new one.
The unlocking process may take some time, but your device will be free from the iCloud lock or Find My lock once it is complete. So, this is how you set up your iPhone like a new one with the Apple ID of your choice.
Resetting the iPhone can be the trickiest thing if you do not have the password for Apple ID. If you have the Find My feature enabled on your phone, it will get stuck on iCloud Activation Lock, and the phone will become unusable. As many people face this issue of forgetting their passwords here, we discussed the best and the most effective methods to reset your iPhone.