You may wish to reset your iPad for a variety of reasons. Sometimes our devices get uncomfortably sluggish, or it may be cluttered with applications that you want to clear out with a single click. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need iTunes for an iPad factory reset. Yes, you have read it right; there are various methods available to factory reset iPad without iTunes. Now, if you are wondering how do I factory reset an iPad, then continue reading this post to learn how to factory reset iPad without iTunes.
When We Need to Factory Reset iPad?
Let us go over the conditions that necessitate restoring iPad factory settings without iTunes. The following are the most common reasons for factory resetting your iPad:
- You are experiencing an unresponsive iPad Pro.
- The iPad has been acting strangely following a botched iOS upgrade, such as freezing the screen, excessive latency, and malware, among other things.
- The iPad has been turned off or the screen is black/blue.
- You're selling or giving the iPad away to someone.
- To remove the defective applications that are causing the iPad's performance to suffer.
- Your iPad has been locked, and you have forgotten your passcode.
How to Factory Reset iPad without iTunes using Settings App?
If you want to perform iPad reset without iTunes and even without a computer, you can utilize the built-in restore option on your iPad. The option to reset your iPad without using iTunes or a computer may be found in the Settings app on your device:
- Open the Settings app on your iPad.
- Select General and tap on Reset.
- On the Reset menu, there is an option to Erase All Content and Settings. Tap it to reset your iPad to the factory settings.
NOTE: This method will erase all the content on your iPad. For this reason, it is recommended that you do a backup of your iPad via iCloud or any other third-party service. Once you’re done with the backup, you can proceed to factory reset iPad without iTunes password.
Factory Reset iPad without iTunes or Passcode (Editor’s Choice)
Many users restore iPad to factory settings using iTunes. However, if you do not have access to iTunes or if iTunes fails to restore your iPad, the best method to do it is to use a professional tool. AceThinker iPhone Unlocker for this purpose is an excellent third-party tool since it can help you reset iPad without the need for a passcode or an iTunes account. When it comes to fixing any complicated iOS system problems, AceThinker is known to be highly successful. The primary objective of this software is to ensure that your iPad or iPhone is functioning normally. You can easily use this program to remove any sort of screen lock with the press of a few clicks. Moreover, you don't need to concern yourself about data loss because the software keeps your data safe. This program can be useful in a variety of situations, including factory reset, removing 4 or 6 digit passcode, Touch ID, or even Face ID can be unlocked without any limitations.
- You can easily restore your iPad without using iTunes.
- AceThinker allows its users to factory reset their iOS device with 1-click operation.
- All iOS devices and versions are supported, including the iPad Air, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini.All iOS devices and versions are supported, including the iPad Air, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini.
- The process of factory reset is easy, and no technical knowledge required.
- 100% safe and free from virus attacks.
- It will can remove any type of iOS screen locks without leaking or modifying any personal information.
Try it for Free
How to Factory Reset your iPad without iTunes?
Now, coming up next is a detailed guide to factory reset iPad without iTunes using AceThinker iOS Unlocker.
Step 1 Open AceThinker Program
Install the software and then launch AceThinker and make sure to select the Wipe Password option from the interface to reset your iPad.
Step 2 Connect your iPad
Next step is to connect your iPad with the computer system using a USB cable. After that, it will show all the information related to your device on the screen. Now, make sure that the information is right and press the Start button to begin the procedure downloading firmware.
Step 3 Reset Your iPad
Once the relevant firmware has been downloaded, you just need to click on the Unlock button begin resetting your device. Next, enter ‘0000’ to confirm the resetting process. After a few minutes, the program will remove all the passcodes and your device will be updated to the latest iOS version. Now, you can setup your iPad as new and fresh device.
Frequently Asked Questions
People usually use iTunes to solve any iPhone related issue. However, sometimes the iTunes can give error and you need to look towards other solutions when resetting your iPad. We hope that one of the solutions mentioned above on how to restore iPad without iTunes helps. We recommend using AceThinker iOS Unlocker as it comes with additional features and guaranteed results.