Parental control allows you to set up restrictions to access various applications and features on your device. This feature can be enabled by putting up a passcode. If you want to change or remove Screen time on your iPhone, you will always require a passcode. If you forgot the password and were searching for removing parental controls on the iPhone, then this is the correct article you landed on. This article will guide you to remove parental controls on the iPhone using different methods.
Parental Controls on iPhone – What is it?
Parental Controls, also known as Screen Time, is a security feature that blocks various content, applications, and websites on your device. This feature allows you to set up a specific downtime and thus limits the usage of your device. You can set up this feature on your child’s phone and monitor it from your device. To make any changes to your Screen time settings, you will always require a password. Only upon entering the correct password will you be allowed to access the application to make changes to screen time.
Why & When You Need to Remove Parental Controls on iPhone?
There could be various reasons why you would need to remove parental controls on your iPhone.
Several reasons we have encountered are:
- You are the only user left to use the iPhone, and therefore, you would want to remove the settings.
- There is no child to tamper with your iPhone anymore.
- You may have used the Screen Time feature for long enough, and there is no longer any need left.
- The feature no longer works well for your device and may hinder your routine tasks on your device.
- The feature lacks the quality features you would expect from a parental control device, and you are looking for any third-party tools that could cover your requirements.
How to Remove Parental Controls from an iPhone without Password (No Data Loss)
How do you turn off parental controls on an iPhone without a password? In this case, you can use AceThinker iPhone Unlocker, which is the most efficient tool to remove parental controls on an iPhone without any passcode. This tool allows you to bypass any passcode from your iPhone in a matter of a few clicks. It also prevents the loss of your data. Whether it be a Face/Touch ID Screen lock Password, all of it can easily be accessed using this Unlocker. The tool overcomes the Restrictions password and can remove the screen time Passcode.
- Professional tool to remove any lock on iPhone/iPad without Passcode.
- It supports all iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Even the models are working on the new iOS 15 version.
- It removes Apple ID in case of forgotten passwords.
- Efficiently removes Screen time passcode to access any blocked sites.
- It enables you to preview the data before recovering it.
- It works well with Windows and Mac OS.
Try it for Free
For you to remove any passcode on your iPhone when you have forgotten it, you can follow the guide below:
Step 1 Connect your iPhone
Once you have launched the newly installed AceThinker iPhone Unlocker on your PC, click on the 'Wipe Passcode' from the software's main interface. After that, connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable.
Step 2 Confirm your device information
After you have connected your device to the PC, it will recognize your device; then, you will confirm the detailed information of your device before unlocking.
Step 3 Download Firmware
Then, you will click on the start button, and it will begin to download firmware for unlocking your device. It takes time as the firmware package is a large file.
Step 4 Wipe iPhone Passcode
Once the firmware has been downloaded, click on the Unlock button to begin the removal passcode process on your iPhone. Following the instructions, enter '0000' and click on Unlock. The passcode will be removed after a while.
Other Ways to Remove Parental Controls on iPhone
There are some other solutions regarding your issue that will let you know how to disable parental controls on an iPhone successfully.
Method 1 – Remove Parental Controls with the Help of Passcode
How to take off parental controls on an iPhone? It is pretty easy to remove if you remember the passcode you put while setting up the parental controls for your device. There are two ways to attain this.
Way 1: Disable Screen Time
- Go to the Settings application from the home screen of your iPhone and tap on Screen Time.
- Then, tap on Turn off Screen Time.
- Enter the passcode you have already used to set it up.
- To confirm, tap on turn-off screen time once again.
Way 2: Remove previous settings
- Open settings on iPhone and tap on General.
- Tap on Reset, and in the new window, tap on Erase all content and Settings.
- Now, you will enter your screen lock passcode and screen time passcode.
- Now, tap on Erase iPhone two times to remove the Screen time settings on your iPhone.
Method 2: Use iTunes to Turn Off Parental Controls by Restoring iPhone
How to remove parental app approval on iPhone? Another way to remove parental control is by restoring an iPhone using iTunes. Upon restoring your iOS device, the OS of your iPhone is reinstalled, and then the screen time feature is disabled, and the passcode is also removed.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC using a USB charging cable.
- Tap on the trust option and launch the Finder app if your Mac runs on macOS Catalina or newer versions. On the other hand, launch the iTunes app if you use Windows PC or earlier Mac OS versions.
- Once the app opens, click on your iPhone, and then click on the Restore iPhone option.
- begin the restoration process lastly, click on the Restore button.
This article contains all the possible solutions to remove parental controls on iPhones and can be beneficial following the steps correctly. With all the discussed methods, the only ultimate solution for removing parental app approval on iPhone is using AceThinker iPhone Unlocker.