Apple is undoubtedly the best phone brand out there in the market because of its high quality. Although it is considered a perfect phone, it may still not be immune to glitches and minor bugs. Among many issues that iPhone users typically face, the iPhone passcode not working is the most common. Nothing else can be more irritating for you than the passcode becoming unresponsive without any reason. This particular issue requires your attention and needs an immediate solution because your phone gets locked, and you cannot access any of its features. To resolve the issue, you will find several effective methods to fix the problem of the passcode for iPhone not working.
Why Does the Passcode Stop Working on the iPhone?
When we talk in general, it is never easy to determine why my iPhone password is not working. Many experts believe that several issues can be the culprit. You can see the details below to see some of the factors that cause the problem.
- Many Passcodes Attempts. A security feature with Apple disables the iPhone if multiple attempts are made to unlock it. The system considers it an attempted breach of your data, thus making your phone virtually inaccessible.
- iOS Upgrading Glitch. In order to offer all the latest features to the users, Apple keeps on updating its iOS. However, you need to remember that all of these updates can never be free from technical issues, and you may find the iPhone password suddenly not working.
- A System Bug or a Screen Malfunction. Like the other brands' smartphones, iPhones can be prone to system bugs, which can happen to anyone. Because of this, you may find the passcode becoming unfunctional all of a sudden.
- iPhone Doesn't Accept Correct Passcode. If you find your iPhone failing to recognize the passcode even if the right one has been entered, this can happen for unexpected reasons.
How to Fix My Passcode Not Working on iPhone?
When we look at the solutions, there are several possible ways to troubleshoot if you have the entered iPhone passcode not working. The following are the most efficient ways to yield satisfactory results to regain access to your iPhone.
1. Reboot the iPhone
If you have an iPhone passcode suddenly not working, rebooting your iPhone is a simple solution that works for most users. Sometimes rebooting the device can resolve a lot of issues. Therefore, whether you have updated your iPhone to a new iOS version or you have made a few attempts to enter the passcode, you can always reboot the iPhone. It is worth mentioning that the steps for forcing a restart to your iPhone vary from one model to another. Check them out below.
- For the iPhone 6 and earlier models, you have to press and hold the home button for a few seconds.
- For iPhone 7, you have to long-press the side button and volume down for at least 10 seconds.
- In the case of iPhone 8 and later versions, you need to press the volume up and down button and then quickly release it.
- After restarting, you will have to see whether the screen passcode is working or not.
2. Put Your iPhone in Recovery Mode
If your iPhone has never been synced with iTunes, then the iPhone can be put into recovery mode. So, if you have an iPhone passcode not working, you can permanently erase a new passcode and then make a new one. Also, you can do this method to unlock Apple ID without phone number. See the guide below to know more.
- You need to open iTunes by connecting your iPhone to the computer. When your phone gets reconnected, you can force restart.
- When the option of Restore or Update appears, you can choose to restore. Your iTunes will download the software for the iPhone.
- After waiting for the entire process to finish, you can now set up the iPhone.
3. Downgrade your iOS version
There is a huge chance that you may have the entered iPhone passcode not working if there is an upgrading glitch in iOS. If you want to fix the issue, you must downgrade the iOS version on the iPhone. The following steps can be helpful in that case.
- The earlier versions of the Apple iOS firmware can be downloaded according to your iPhone model.
- In the next step, you need to launch iTunes and connect your iPhone. By hitting the shift button, you can click on "Check for Update" to open the window to choose the firmware.
- You can look for the downloaded .ipsw file on the browser window and then double click to downgrade the iOS on your iPhone.
4. Unlock your iPhone with AceThinker iPhone Unlocker
Every method mentioned above can show results for a specific case, but they still fail. If you have an iPhone passcode suddenly not working, there is a professional iOS unlocker for removing the screen locks without a passcode known as AceThinker iPhone Unlocker. The AceThinker iPhone Unlocker is capable of removing the locks of various iDevices, including the iPhone, with ease. You will find it to be compatible with almost all iOS versions. The steps for removing the passcode through AceThinker iPhone Unlocker are pretty simple.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download the iPhone Passcode UnlockerHit any of the download button presented above to save the tool on your computer. After downloading, you need to launch AceThinker iPhone Unlocker and connect it to the iPhone through the original cable.
Step 2 Choose the Wipe PasscodeIn this step, you will be required to confirm the device info and download the firmware. To do so, hit the "Wipe Passcode" from the interface. Then, click the "Start" button to get the firmware.
Step 3 Scan Your DeviceAlthough it depends on the iOS version of your phone, you need to follow a few guidelines to start the bypass process. The tool will scan your iPhone while downloading the firmware. Wait until the process is complete.
Step 4 Complete the ProcessWhen the bypassing process finishes, you can hit the done button, and then you will be required to set up the iPhone as a new device. Afterward, safely disconnect your iPhone from your computer.
There are many ways to help you with the iPhone passcode not working, and you can go for the best one according to your situation. If the problem isn't still resolved, you have the option of using AceThinker iPhone Unlocker to get your iPhone fixed if it is not unlocking with the correct passcode. In any case, the Apple customer support team is always there for help, and if you explain the issue, it will surely help you resolve the problem.