As the iPhone gets more and more features, it also improves its security features. iPhones today have password protection and a lock screen, but other types of locks have developed. There is now an option to choose using a Face ID, which unlocks your iPhone based on the face ID that you will register. The front cam will then sense if the registered face is the one facing the iPhone, and it will unlock the phone without using the password if it matches. The Touch ID is also a not-so-new feature that allows the iPhone owner to designate fingerprints that they can use to unlock their iPhone. With this method, users only have to place their finger on the sensor and don’t have to enter the password too. This is why some users tend to forget or misremember their passwords, as they rarely use them anymore. They might wonder why their iPhone passcode suddenly not working to unlock the iPhone. It could be because they remembered the passcode wrong, or the iPhone glitched, and the password changed on its own after an update. An unlocking tool that can solve all password-related errors will be presented to solve this problem. There will also be alternative methods that are slightly harder to execute than using the tool and work most of the time.
Best Tool for Solving All Password Problems
Relevant Feature: Can wipe all types of iPhone passcode.
Other Features: The tool can also unlock Apple ID and bypass Screen Time Password.
Advantage Over Alternative Methods: It will work even without a working Touch or Face ID. Also, it doesn’t need iTunes, iCloud, or Apple ID accounts.
There will be times when users forget their iPhone passwords or suddenly change on their own. During these cases, you will not be able to access your iPhone, and it will be such a hassle. It’s a good thing that AceThinker iPhone Unlocker is here to help you solve the problem. It is a desktop software that you can download and use for free to remove passwords and unlock iPhones. You can also buy its license for as low as $29.95 a month to enjoy its premium features. The software will also repair your Operating System. If a system glitch caused the problem, you could prevent it from happening again. Like when the iPhone passcode not working after update, if the OS is corrupted, the tool will fix that. iPhone Unlocker is compatible with all iPhones that run on the latest iOS version, iOS 15 to iOS 5. It needs a system with 1024 RAM, 200 MB of free hard disk space, and a 1GHz Intel/AMD CPU to function smoothly. To start unlocking iPhone with the tool, download the correct version first.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Unlock iPhone with Wipe Passcode Mode
To wipe the changed or forgotten passcode, click the top button on the main interface, which is Wipe Passcode Mode. A new window that displays the features of the mode will appear. Click the Start button after reading, then connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
Step 2 Verifying iPhone Specifications
The software will scan the iPhone after it is connected to determine the device's specifications. On the screen, the information from the iPhone will be presented. Make sure the firmware you download matches the specs of your iPhone. Click Start once the classifications are in order.
Step 3 Firmware Package Download
The software will display a message prompt saying that it is presently downloading the firmware package. The progress of the download, as well as the size and speed of the download, will be reflected in the progress bar below.
Step 4 Reset the Not Working Password with the Keycode
Hover the cursor to the middle and click the Unlock button once the download is complete. This will create a new window with an empty text field where you must input '0000'. This is to confirm that you wish to reset your iPhone to remove the forgotten passcode. Click Unlock or Enter on the keyboard once again after typing the code.
Reset iPhone via Settings if Touch and Face ID Still Works
If the iPhone Touch ID and Face ID still work, you can still unlock the iPhone without the password. You can reset the device if the iPhone passcode not working or is changed via the settings. However, this will delete all your device content and data. A backup will allow you to recover them after reboot, though.
- Using your Fingerprint, unlock the iPhone by placing it on the fingerprint sensor. Or, if you are using Face ID, unlock the iPhone by placing the camera sensor in front of your face. After unlocking the iPhone, look for the Settings.
- Hit the Settings icon to control your device. Scroll down and click the General button to manage your iPhone’s general settings. Look for the Reset button, then tap it.
- You will see a new display window under the Reset settings. Hit the Erase All Content and Settings to remove the passcode of the iPhone. Wait for the iPhone to finish rebooting, then set up your new password.
Try Default Passwords if Password Changed After Update
There are also cases when the iPhone changed its passcode from a 4-digit one into a 6-digit one after an update. If the passcode you use to unlock this iPhone not working anymore, you could try entering default passcodes. However, you can only enter these default passcodes once each to prevent the iPhone from being disabled. Five times of incorrect passcode attempts in a row will have a consequence of iPhone time out. While the tenth wrong attempt will disable the iPhone. Some default passwords you can try are “123456” or “000000.”
Reset via Forgot Password
Another approach is to reset the password via the Forgot Password method. But using this method has other requirements. You must still have access to your email associated with your Apple ID or mobile number. The reset link or code will be sent to either of these, depending on what you’ll pick. You can also choose to answer security questions, but only if you have set it up before. Here’s how to do it to solve my passcode is not working on my iPhone.
- Enter your last remembered passcode on your iPhone. Then if it is wrong, there should be a Forgot Password? button that will appear on the screen. Click it to begin the reset process.
- Choose your reset option. You can either receive the reset link or code on your email by choosing Reset by Email or Answer Security Questions.
- Check your email inbox for the password reset link or code if you chose that method. Or answer the security questions correctly to reset your iPhone passcode if you choose to do that method.
Use iCloud to Reset Not Working Passcode
iCloud can also be utilized to reset an Apple passcode not working. Same with the other methods, resetting via iCloud will also erase all the iPhone’s data and content. However, since it is cloud software, it can restore your data after the method. Performing this remotely via a computer or another smartphone is also possible.
- Open the iCloud website on the device of your choice and log in with the Apple ID associated with the iPhone with a forgotten password.
- Take your mouse at the top of the screen then click the All Devices drop-down menu. Look for the iPhone with a password that’s no longer working on the list of devices.
- Hit the Erase iPhone button at the bottom part of the screen to reset the iPhone and all of its content. The forgotten password will also be wiped from the iPhone.
Remove Passcode Using Find My Application
If you enter iPhone passcode not working, you can also use Find My to wipe the password. It is almost the same as the iCloud method, but this can only be done with another iDevice. The Find My iPhone feature should also be enabled before this method can be done to forget the passcode.
- On another iDevice, browse the Application Drawer, look for the Find My Application logo, and click it.
- Go to the Devices tab by hitting its button at the bottom part of the screen, then select your iPhone from the list of all the devices.
- Finally, hit Erase This Device to remove the password from your phone and erase all of its data and content.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does my iPhone keep saying my passcode is wrong?
There are many reasons for your iPhone to keep saying that your passcode is wrong. It could be you are entering a wrong password, or you hit the wrong keys. The capitalization of the letters can also be a factor if it is an alphanumeric password. Another possibility but the least likely is that iPhone passcode changed itself.
2. Can an iPhone be locked forever?
If iPhone not recognizing passcode and you guessed it incorrectly 10 times, you will be locked out permanently. However, this is not forever since there are methods that can be used to unlock a disabled iPhone. Such as connecting to iTunes or using AceThinker iPhone Unlocker to unlock your iPhone.
To Sum Up
Of the six solutions presented to fix the iPhone passcode not working, the most effective is the AceThinker iPhone Unlocker. Aside from the tool working without a lot of requirements, it can also fix the Operating System glitch. Moreover, it will work on either a forgotten passcode or a changed passcode. It also works 100% of the time.