One convenient thing about Apple devices is that you can share data, backups, settings, and other information. The sharing, of course, is between devices of the same Apple ID. Examples are photos, contacts, text, and even iTunes & App Store purchases. What’s more, notifications are shared between the devices, so you won’t miss a thing even if you only have one of your devices on you. Linking the different iDevices is practical, as it will also allow users to manage their devices remotely from a connected device. However, syncing two or more iDevices also has its downside. The linked notifications can sometimes be annoying, especially when you don’t want both devices to ring. One more is when someone uses the other device but keeps getting notifications from the linked device. Another reason users may want to disconnect iPhone from iPad is when they need to sell one of the devices, so it is a good idea to cut the link. In this write-up, solutions to remove the sync between Apple devices will be the topic, and users will learn how to do it themselves.
Disconnect the iPad from the iPhone Settings
Unsync iPhone and iPad is easy enough to do if you have access to your iPad and can unlock it. You can easily navigate the iPad settings and unlink the iPad from the iPhone. However, there are cases when this method requires you to enter your Apple ID password for confirmation. If you don’t have your Apple ID password, you might be unable to do this.
- Open your iPad, then navigate to Settings. Tap the banner of your name on the top to open the Apple ID settings.
- Choose the iTunes and & App Store button, and you might be asked for your password. After that, a new prompt window will appear.
- Tap the View Apple ID button, scroll down to the next window, and tap on Remove This Device to unlink the iPad from the Apple ID and the iPhone.
Remove the iPad from Connected Devices via iTunes
You can also use your Windows PC with iTunes to unlink your iPhone from your iPad. However, you must log in to iTunes using the same Apple ID as your iPhone and iPad. By doing so, you can use iTunes to manage your iDevices and even disconnect them. Here’s how to unsync iPhone from iPad using iTunes on a Windows PC.
- The first step is to launch and run the iTunes software on your computer and ensure it is logged in to the same Apple ID.
- Next, go to the Manage Devices section to remove or disconnect your iPhone or iPad from the Apple ID account.
- Look for the iDevice you want to disconnect, then click the Remove button on the same row of its name. The removed iDevice will be unlinked to the Apple ID account and the other iDevice.
Use Mac to Unlink iPad from iPhone
If you are using a Mac PC, you can also use it for how to unpair iPhone and iPad. This method needs your Apple ID to work like the first two solutions. Using a Mac PC to unlink your iDevices will also use the iTunes app, and below are the steps to do it.
- First, open your iTunes app from your Mac PC’s Launchpad or application drawer.
- Tap on the option that says View My Account to see the details of your logged-in Apple ID account on the iTunes interface.
- Finally, hit the Manage Devices button to see all the associated iDevices, then remove them from the Apple ID to unlink the device.
Unlinking iPad from iPhone Without Apple ID
Salient Features: The tool can remove and bypass the Apple ID account and can even unlink devices from each other and the Apple account.
Pros Over Other Methods: Unlinking the iPhone from the iPad is possible even without an Apple ID or iTunes.
The solutions above are easy to do as long as you have access to your Apple ID and iTunes. But what if you forget your Apple password and ID or don’t have iTunes? How to unlink iPad from iPhone without them? The answer is using a professional unlocking tool such as AceThinker iPhone Unlocker. Since the tool can bypass and remove the Apple ID account from iOS devices, you can use it to unlink them from the account. By unlinking the devices from the Apple ID, they will also be disconnected from each other, and your problem will be solved. Moreover, the tool is supported by both Windows and Mac, so either Operating System can be used to unlink your iPad from the iPhone. You can start unlinking your iDevices with only a minimum system requirement of 1024 RAM, 1GHz Intel/AMD CPU or above, and a 200 MB free hard disk space.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Choose the Remove Apple ID Option
Since the iPhone is connected to the iPad through the Apple ID, you can unlink them by removing the Apple ID from one of the devices. Click the Remove Apple ID button, then connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer with a USB cable. Wait for the Device Connected Successfully notification.
Step 2 Start the Process to Proceed
A second popup will warn you that it will delete all your data if you proceed with the operation. You should first save and backup your data saved on your device if you want to avoid losing any of your data. Once satisfied with your backups, click "Start" to continue. Make sure Find My iPhone is off before moving forward.
Step 3 Wipe the Apple ID
The how to unsync iPhone and iPad process will now begin and will wipe your Apple ID. Be patient and avoid interrupting the process by turning off your computer or unplugging the USB cable. Click OK when you're done, then wait for your iPhone to start up.
Step 4 Cancel the Restore via iTunes Function
AceThinker will alert you about the "Erase All Content and Settings" function after disconnecting. Furthermore, avoid using iTunes to restore or update your iOS phone. These keep the device from being once more connected to the removed Apple ID.
- The Best Method to Unlock Disabled iOS Devices
- Fastest Way to Reset Forgotten Passwords
- Effective Tool to Bypass Apple ID and Screen Time Passcode
It is easy and simple to solve the question “how to unlink iPhone from iPad?” if you are using your Apple ID password and iTunes. But if you don’t have them, you can either use AceThinker iPhone unlocker or learn how to recover your password with iForgot Apple unlock.