A web conference is held by two or more people located from different places, who can meet virtually and communicate efficiently. To mention, one of the most popular communication tools that can conduct video conferences is GoToMeeting. With just a few clicks, you can quickly start making chat rooms with high-quality viewing and screen sharing. GoToMeeting is capable of conducting both video conferences and audio conferences. Moreover, recording a meeting effectively saves your time from taking down notes and being more attentive to the online meeting topic. Furthermore, I have tried and tested the best ways to record GoToMeeting. That being said, check the solutions below that you can use to record online meetings.
Use the Built-in GoToMeeting Cloud Recorder
GoToMeeting has a built-in recorder that everyone at the conference can access. This GoToMeeting video recording option is great if you don't want to install a 3rd party app to do this activity. It will automatically record the meeting host's screen and also the audio captured for all the participants. The recording function also has an automatic transcriber to minimize taking notes.
But here's the catch, the built-in recorder has some limitations that might stop you from using it. First, the recording file size is big. The process will stop automatically if your remaining storage space is only 100 MB. Also, you might notice some blank screens on the final output. The output format is saved as G2M, which is not available to open to other media players. You might also receive an error message saying, "GoToMeeting recording is not available for this meeting." So, suppose these disadvantages are too much for you. In that case, we recommend an alternative that can also record GoToMeeting as attendee, which is Screen Grabber Premium.
- Firstly, open your GoToMeeting app or software. Then log in to your GoToMeeting account. Next, hit the "Account Center" then the "User Settings." After that, allow the participants to use "Cloud Recording."
- Next, scroll down and hit "Record Meetings," and click the "Cloud Recording" from the list. Then, hit "Save" to keep the changes done.
- Then, proceed with the recording, go to the main interface of GoToMeeting. Next, hit the "Record," then start the meeting. Once done, you may end the recording process and watch the GoToMeeting recording.
- The GoToMeeting has a Smart Meeting Assistant that can transcribe everything that happened at the meeting automatically.
- You can easily share the recorded video conference with your colleagues by sending the meeting link.
- The premium features, like record without any limit and up to 150 participants can join meetings, cause money.
How to Record GoToMeeting as Participant/Attendee
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is a great tool to capture GoToMeeting because it can capture HD quality videos like 720p and 1080p. This tool can also record audio from system sound, microphone, or both. This tool can also add annotations while recording like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows to enhance it. Aside from that, it has a Task Scheduler where you can set a specific date and time to record your screen automatically. To know how to record a GoToMeeting webinar as an attendee, use this tool, see the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Software
First, you can get the installer of this tool by choosing one of the "Download" buttons above. Next, follow the installation method to successfully install the software and wait until the main interface appears. After installing, open the software to get familiarized with its functions and interface.
Step 2 Set up the Video Format
Next, select the "Video Recorder" within its main interface, and click the "Menu" button located at the right uppermost part of the interface, and hit "Settings." Then, click the "Drop-down" menu next to the "Output Format" to choose from the provided video formats. Then, click the "OK" button to save the changes made.
Step 3 Record GoToMeeting Session
After that, launch the GoToMeeting tool and enter the chat room. Then, go back to Screen Grabber Premium and click the "Audio Input," and select if you will record in "System Sound and Microphone." Next, make sure to choose one of the video modes at the leftmost part of the toolbar to "Full Screen" or "Region" to start recording GoToMeeting session. You can use its annotation feature to draw, add shapes, or texts to highlight important information on the toolbar.
Step 4 Stop Recording
Once done, hit the "Stop" button on the toolbar to end the recording, and video playback will appear. You can watch the video, save it to your PC, or re-record if you are not satisfied with the output.
- AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium can also record the audio during the GoToMeeting video conference and directly extract it in MP3, AAC, OGG, and more audio formats.
- It supports webcam recording, meaning you can also capture the movements you do on your web camera while you're on the online conference of GoToMeeting.
- If you wish to collect information on the meeting and save it as an image file, you can quickly take a screenshot using Screen Grabber Premium.
- Your outputs may include a Watermark of AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium if you use the free trial version.
FAQs about Recording GoToMeeting Sessions
1. Is it possible to record GoToMeeting webinar?
Yes, it is; GoToMeeting has a built-in recording function on the app itself that you can use. Also, you can opt to install a 3rd party tool to record it.
2. Where is the GoToMeeting webinar recording is saved?
For Windows users, it is automatically saved in your Documents folder. To access it, go to your Computer, then open Local Disk C. From here, find Users, and you'll see Documents. Finally, browse the contents until you find the recording and play it.
3. Is it possible to record GoToMeeting webinar as an attendee?
A quick yes! It will include all the screens of the participants alongside the audio. But if you're an attendee, it is recommended to use other tools like AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium. The 3rd party software provides more essential features like adding annotation, saving the video to other formats, and more.